Top 5 teams in the AFC right now

PatsFanNH

I would rank the AFC currently:

1. Patsies ********

2. Cincy

3. Bills

4. KC

5. Denver

(Pitt woulda been 3rd but it's hard to put them in the top 5 w/o Ben...and yes Denver beat KC but I still think KC is the better overall team).

Well, we learned last night that just as there is a huge gap between NE and a solid/competitive team (the Bills), so too there is a huge gap between another solid/competitive team (KC) and the Packers. I know this is an AFC only "power ranking" thread, but the larger theme is that we're moving away from a period of relative parity to a period of elite dominance - Pats, Pack, Seahawks, everyone else. Broncos and Bengals as perennial winners who have shown no ability to finish the season, with other clubs (Niners and Ravens the last few years, maybe Cardinals this year) occasionally making a run.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Pats* - I hate to say this, but they look like they are on a mission to pound EVERYONE. Tom is playing pissed off and that doesn't bode well for us.

2. Cincy - Dalton looks improved despite his underwhelming preseason. The emergence of Eifert only makes a decent offense better. The D was already solid. The question is will Dalton keep performing at this level and can they actually win in the playoffs?

3. Bills - I sure hope Tyrod is not a fluke, but as of right now he is playing excellent. The defense was top 5 before we added all the weapons on offense. This team is built for a playoff run imo, with our two lead backs and the rest of the players we have. All we have to do is tcb.

4. Broncos - Peyton's arm will only get weaker throughout the season and their running game has not been that impressive tbh. The defense is carrying this team right now and will likely do so through the whole season.

5. Steelers - Will Vick be able to keep the ship afloat until Ben Ro is ready to return? This is likely a 6 week injury and the defense isn't what it used to be for the black and yellow. The running game will be relied upon heavily with Leveon Bell and DeAngelo Williams.

1. Pats* - I hate to say this, but they look like they are on a mission to pound EVERYONE. Tom is playing pissed off and that doesn't bode well for us.

The Cheatriots are going to run up the score in every game to show they are the greatest team, just like after Spygate.

Send a memo to all teams - late in the 4th QTR down by 15 send in all the reserves you can afford and have them pummel every Cheatriot starter on the field. Pull a Suh and virtually stomp on everyone!!!

The Cheatriots are going to run up the score in every game to show they are the greatest team, just like after Spygate.

Send a memo to all teams - late in the 4th QTR down by 15 send in all the reserves you can afford and have them pummel every Cheatriot starter on the field. Pull a Suh and virtually stomp on everyone!!!

When you play the Pats, you have to beat them and the refs. It's a tough task, but it can be done.

The point isn't that Manning is a failure. On the contrary, his stats will show him to be one of the best QB's ever ...until you delve closer into those stats and see that he was a horrid QB come the most important time of the football season.

Or not. Pretty much right in line with his regular season numbers.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/MannPe00.htm