2016 Salary Cap

billsfan714

Are we going to be in bad salary cap space for 2016? I've been going to a couple of sites and it doesnt look good. Not sure how Taylors play will affect his 2016 number, Bradham needs signed and Glenn probably walks creating a hole at LT. Icognito signed only a 1 year deal, I think the same for Harvin. Gilmore has huge 2016 number with the 5th year option.

Are we going to be in bad salary cap space for 2016? I've been going to a couple of sites and it doesnt look good. Not sure how Taylors play will affect his 2016 number, Bradham needs signed and Glenn probably walks creating a hole at LT. Icognito signed only a 1 year deal, I think the same for Harvin. Gilmore has huge 2016 number with the 5th year option.

With all incentives TT's contract pays him $6MM but you can bet he's getting a fat extension long before that kicks in. I wouldn't be shocked if Whaley is already working on a deal.

Harvin is signed, but his cap hit goes from 3 to 12 million. It's voidable but for 6 million.

Still, he's the best WR on the roster right now and it's not even close ATM.

If he stays healthy, I hope we offer him a re-worked extension (if we have enough money), as well as bring back Incognito for a couple years. There are certainly going to be some tough decisions this off season.

With all incentives TT's contract pays him $6MM but you can bet he's getting a fat extension long before that kicks in. I wouldn't be shocked if Whaley is already working on a deal.

While TT is no Fitz, I hope Whaley allows the season to play out before any extension talks occur. They have him locked in for at least 2 seasons, so there's no reason to pull a Nix here...

If he stays healthy, I hope we offer him a re-worked extension (if we have enough money), as well as bring back Incognito for a couple years. There are certainly going to be some tough decisions this off season.

Definitely. Maybe convert that years salary to a signing bonus. So far, Harvin seems happy here. There are no horror stories, his route running has improved and he's TT's favorite target. He's still fairly young, so maybe structure it like Shady's deal.

While I think McKelvin gets dumped on more than his fair share, it's harder to justify that contract with Darby playing like he is.

resign Glenn Cheap because he isnt playing well. He can always go to RT or G if he doesn't regain his form. Maybe tag and trade Gillmore and run with Darby and Leodis - could save us a lot of money. I dont see us being able to dole out a lot of money on DBs because of our DL.

I would hate to lose Harvin and Incognito and losing TT is simply unacceptable by any means at this point.

They won't lose Taylor. I don't see a way they keep Harvin unless he takes a huge "Rex and Lal have revived my career" discount. The good news on extending Incognito is that there will still be teams around the league for whom he is a "no-no" so you are probably in a heavily contracted market. Denver had him in for a work out at one point and their line could still be a work in progress... though whether they will be in "win now" mode or not anymore is debatable. It would not surprise me if they get a deal done with Incognito. You have got to believe that even in the no loyalty world of the NFL he believes he owes the Bills something.

EDIT: And Whaley has already told us to take a vacation Free Agency week.

Edited by GunnerBill

They won't lose Taylor. I don't see a way they keep Harvin unless he takes a huge "Rex and Lal have revived my career" discount. The good news on extending Incognito is that there will still be teams around the league for whom he is a "no-no" so you are probably in a heavily contracted market. Denver had him in for a work out at one point and their line could still be a work in progress... though whether they will be in "win now" mode or not anymore is debatable. It would not surprise me if they get a deal done with Incognito. You have got to believe that even in the no loyalty world of the NFL he believes he owes the Bills something.

richie will also be 33 next year, which should cool competition. a 2 year, mid level deal, doesnt worry me with the cap. its not like he will be expecting the 7 year 50m contract.

richie will also be 33 next year, which should cool competition. a 2 year, mid level deal, doesnt worry me with the cap. its not like he will be expecting the 7 year 50m contract.

Agreed. And from his perspective if he continues to keep his head down and rebuild his reputation here with people who he can relate to why would he risk that for a few extra dollars and go through the eyes being on him as the new boy with the chequered past again? I think they keep him.

Edited by GunnerBill

resign Glenn Cheap because he isnt playing well. He can always go to RT or G if he doesn't regain his form. Maybe tag and trade Gillmore and run with Darby and Leodis - could save us a lot of money. I dont see us being able to dole out a lot of money on DBs because of our DL.

I would hate to lose Harvin and Incognito and losing TT is simply unacceptable by any means at this point.

Glimore's option for next year was picked up so he isn't a free agent till after next year. Glenn won't be extended until after the season. The Bills need the whole season to look at him and I think Glenn is going to take his chances playing out the year and not taking a cheaper deal. I would love to see the Bills lock up Bradham asap. Get Bradham locked up because if you leave him out on the market he is going to get paid and be worth it.

As far as Harvin they can restructure his deal to keep him on the roster. I think if Darby solidifies his play the Bills can cut McKelvin to free up money. Also Mario's deal can be tinkered with to free up more cap space. As far as Taylor I don't think the Bills think about extending him until the season is over. Let him give you a full year sample size before you make a bigger commitment. Also you can have it so his extension gets signed and doesn't kick in till 2017 mitigating the impact on the 2016 salary (By then you can dump/redo McCoy and some other big contracts).

Overall I am just worried about the 2015 season. The Window to win in the NFL is small so the Bills need to just move forward with the roster they have now.

Let Glenn walk, slide S.Henderson to LT and Kouandijo starts at RT. The line might improve with Glenn leaving. Draft a young tackle in 16 in this deep draft for depth that can develop into a starter.

Get Gilmore locked up long term and maybe his 16 number isn't as bad.

Might have to also look at Tyrod Taylor's contract here soon if he keeps winning and playing like this.

This is what you are worried about after a huge win? I will never understand why fans worry about the cap since contracts can be easily manipulated and players can always be cut

Leodis is gone after this year, Harvin is either gone or back under a better contract, Clay will most likely be restructured, the list goes on.

The cap also continues to grow at a ridiculous rate and will really jump in the next few years

Edited by Max997

This is what you are worried about after a huge win? I will never understand why fans worry about the cap since contracts can be easily manipulated and players can always be cut

Leodis is gone after this year, Harvin is either gone or back under a better contract, Clay will most likely be restructured, the list goes on.

The cap also continues to grow at a ridiculous rate and will really jump in the next few years

next year, likely a huge amount (the new TV deals will spike revenue, and the cap is a percentage of revenue). after that, it may slow a little.