2016 Salary Cap

billsfan714

OK, so right now the Bills are around 154 million and some change for next year against the cap.

Restructure Mario and Clay's deals and that will save them about 10-12 million against the cap.

Leodis gets cut, saving them 4.9 million

Carpenter gets cut saving them 2.87 million

Gilmore gets an extension, trimming his cap number by about 3 or 4 million.

Harvin gets restructured deal and or cut saving them 4-5 million or 10 million.

Total savings between 25-33 million, dropping their cap hit to between 121-129 million, PLUS our ability to roll over almost $10 million from this year into next year's cap, and the cap increase that is likely to occur, having it approaching $160 million, meaning our effective cap next year would be almost $170 million accounting for the rollover money from this year. So this means we would have between 41-49 million under the cap next year, which would be plenty to sign our own UFA's we want to retain(is Glenn playing himself OUT of a contract next year with us??), and potentially not having to cut Leodis and/or Carpenter if we don't want to.

We will be plenty fine, the Bills already have a strategy in place for next year I'm quite sure.

OK, so right now the Bills are around 154 million and some change for next year against the cap.

Restructure Mario and Clay's deals and that will save them about 10-12 million against the cap.

Leodis gets cut, saving them 4.9 million

Carpenter gets cut saving them 2.87 million

Gilmore gets an extension, trimming his cap number by about 3 or 4 million.

Harvin gets restructured deal and or cut saving them 4-5 million or 10 million.

Total savings between 25-33 million, dropping their cap hit to between 121-129 million, PLUS our ability to roll over almost $10 million from this year into next year's cap, and the cap increase that is likely to occur, having it approaching $160 million, meaning our effective cap next year would be almost $170 million accounting for the rollover money from this year. So this means we would have between 41-49 million under the cap next year, which would be plenty to sign our own UFA's we want to retain(is Glenn playing himself OUT of a contract next year with us??), and potentially not having to cut Leodis and/or Carpenter if we don't want to.

We will be plenty fine, the Bills already have a strategy in place for next year I'm quite sure.

i think you are a little too aggressive with the numbers, but yea, i dont have any real fear. the magic being worked will be keeping the band together, and some targeted role players - not big splashes. but that speaks to our talent here, not cap constraint.