Watkins Injury Update - post em here

truth on hold

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope....and in college Sammy was straight trucking linebackers

Interesting. I wonder if somthing changed (workout regimen, training staff, gain/lose weight, the way he is used in games, etc) or if it is just a matter of getting hit by bigger, stronger players in the NFL. Or simply just coincidence that he has seemingly been fighting some injury pretty much ever since he got to Buffalo.

Interesting. I wonder if somthing changed (workout regimen, training staff, gain/lose weight, the way he is used in games, etc) or if it is just a matter of getting hit by bigger, stronger players in the NFL. Or simply just coincidence that he has seemingly been fighting some injury pretty much ever since he got to Buffalo.

I think it's safe to say most players play with nagging injuries.

Sammy has missed exactly one game since joining the Bills. I don't know why so many people (not directed at you, maddog) are upset by that.

college coaches don't care much about injuries - they will make you play if you can run. It's a short term stint with every player and no long term investment. In the NFL, the teams are much more careful due to the long term investment and money involved. So he may have been dinged up in college but there aren't injury reports and stuff like that.

Sigh...no, no we didn't. It was 7, and I've proven it before:

Take each letter of Sammy's first name, and match it with its corresponding letter of the alphabet (1 is A, 2 is B, etc.).

S A M M Y = 19+1+13+13+25 = 71, or 7 1's.

So tired of explaining this...

No you are wrong this time. Does not happen often i might note.

And no its not semantics. it was 7enteen AND a comp pick which technically adds up to 35.

For once Dorkington is correct. Let the Man have his Day!!

as for Sammy.

Lets just get him back on the field without judging him, can we huh ?

Sammy has missed exactly one game since joining the Bills. I don't know why so many people (not directed at you, maddog) are upset by that.

Well, technically he missed one game. But how many games was he extremely limited or completely out of due to nagging injuries?

It is definitely becoming a concern. He is a very talented player, but can't help the team if he can't stay on the field.

Well, technically he missed one game. But how many games was he extremely limited or completely out of due to nagging injuries?

It is definitely becoming a concern. He is a very talented player, but can't help the team if he can't stay on the field.

He also can't help the team if he's not targeted enough, which - in my opinion - has been the bigger Sammy-related issue than his dings have been.

When he's on the field, dinged up or not, the offense is immediately better and has a greater chance at success. He's done that for every game but one. I totally understand what you're saying; but I think it's premature to say his durability is a huge concern.

Anyone ever have a calf injury? They're awful.

Last Saturday I ran outside for the first time since April. I was out running on Easter morning and my calf seized up something HORRIBLE.

It's a terrible, terrible injury, and I can only imagine how it impacts a performance player like Watkins.

I mean, Jesus, it kept me from just being able to run in a straight line!

HOWEVER, my injury could have been avoided. I could have been stretching better, doing better strength training, staying more hydrated and doing more to speed/aid recovery.

Hopefully, Sammy learns from this.

As for his ribs--he took a late shot from a linebacker's helmet.

I'm not sure how that one would lead us to believe he's injury "prone."

I think that it isnt so much playing with injuries (which I respect Sammy for)

I think it is more playing to the potential that Sammy has and what was paid out for him.......I know a lot of fans are upset because they have not yet seen a return on that investment.

To me I think that is Rex Ryan's whole point of holding him out....HE wants to see it as well. Sammy is not gonna do that by constantly playing hurt

He also can't help the team if he's not targeted enough, which - in my opinion - has been the bigger Sammy-related issue than his dings have been.

When he's on the field, dinged up or not, the offense is immediately better and has a greater chance at success. He's done that for every game but one. I totally understand what you're saying; but I think it's premature to say his durability is a huge concern.

100% agree. I remember thinking that during the first two homes games. I would love to see them throw it to him any time he has single coverage. There have been a bunch of times you'd see the safety moving inside and leaving Sammy 1-on-1 pre-snap. That should be an immediate tip off to Taylor to look for Sammy.

I sure hope he doesn't hurt himself testing his calf, or walking in from his car, or putting mayonnaise on a sandwich

Weak. Very weak. :thumbdown:

I think that it isnt so much playing with injuries (which I respect Sammy for)

I think it is more playing to the potential that Sammy has and what was paid out for him.......I know a lot of fans are upset because they have not yet seen a return on that investment.

To me I think that is Rex Ryan's whole point of holding him out....HE wants to see it as well. Sammy is not gonna do that by constantly playing hurt

But the fans' investment is purely emotional. The franchise paid out the money and picks. It's their investment and I agree, we all want to see him playing at the top level we believe he possesses.

I'm guessing it has to do with his production in relation to other WRs drafted in his draft class. People expect big numbers and when they don't see them they rip him. Other posters defend him saying things like, "he was dealing with injuries all season" as a reason/excuse. So either injuries are getting in the way of reaching his full potential (that is, he's been injury prone whether he misses games or not) or he's just not as good as those receivers at this point in his career.

Personally, I think the injuries are hampering him and they seem to be habitual. Hopefully it's just a bad luck thing and we'll get to see a full steam Sammy at some point in the near future. I look forward to seeing what the kid can do when healthy, with a competent QB and in an offense all on the same page. He's so talented he could easily be one of the top WRs in the game if/when those conditions are met.

I'm guessing it has to do with his production in relation to other WRs drafted in his draft class. People expect big numbers and when they don't see them they rip him. Other posters defend him saying things like, "he was dealing with injuries all season" as a reason/excuse. So either injuries are getting in the way of reaching his full potential (that is, he's been injury prone whether he misses games or not) or he's just not as good as those receivers at this point in his career.

Personally, I think the injuries are hampering him and they seem to be habitual. Hopefully it's just a bad luck thing and we'll get to see a full steam Sammy at some point in the near future. I look forward to seeing what the kid can do when healthy, with a competent QB and in an offense all on the same page. He's so talented he could easily be one of the top WRs in the game if/when those conditions are met.

I think nearly 900 yards receiving on a team running the Syracuse University offense in the NFL is pretty damn good, myself.