Week 4: Giants' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

Isn't that the point though? Giants feel it's a field goal game so they're likely to feel good betting on a 6.5 point spread, Bills fans think they'll win by double digits so they feel good betting on a 6.5 point spread.

I do NOT feel like it's a double-digit win.

I feel like it'll be a tough one all around, especially if we're without Sammy and Shady.

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Cowboys were a popular pick for division champs and going deep into the playoffs. The Giants went into Dallas for the opener and handled them pretty well. One bad decision away from beating the Cowboys in their home stadium on national TV.

I can see why they would think this is an easier, or at least similar, task. And I agree, I think they can definitely beat us in this one. I'm worried, especially if we don't have Sammy or Shady.

2nd best in AFCE >> Best in NFCE

I wouldn't be surprised if the AFCE beats the NFCE 3-1 across the board. I think we will sweep our games and I expect NE** to do the same. That means NYets and Dols going .500. It is possible that our third or fourth place team might be in the hunt for first in the NFCE if they were to play in that division.

I don't think this game is as easy as some think. But, I almost never feel confident before a game. Thems the Bills for ya.

Or during a game, for that matter. I wasn't feeling comfortable at all yesterday until Hogan's TD.

My coverage match-up ideas for this week:

- Gilmore on Reuben Randle. Randle has good size and hands, and is almost always on the boundary, so I want Gilmore there to neutralize his size and physicality. I also think this is a match-up that strongly favors Gilmore, so Rex can essentially eliminate one of Eli's options pre-snap. Not only does that limit the routes he can throw, it gives Rex the ability to run overload blitzes from Gilmore's side without the worry that they're going to get burnt with hot throws.

- Darby on Beckham or Cruz--whoever is on the other boundary. Love the quickness-on-quickness match-up here. Darby is capable of doing a good job on either of these guys. When it's Beckham, he'll get help, which I'll get to in a second...

- Robey on either Beckham or Cruz--whoever plays the slot. When it's Beckham, he's the guy that gets the help, in the form of...

- Underneath drop zone coverage. With the CBs in man coverage, I'd run a lot of mixed-zone pressure packages with the safeties, LBs, and DLmen. Show heavy pressure pre-snap, then drop guys into short zones to cause traffic in the throwing lanes between Eli and Beckham, since he's the guy that can most likely hurt you when you pressure. It'll expose you a bit to the TE getting open up the seams, but I have no problem making Larry Donnell the guy that beats me.

Thoughts?

@Giants

WATCH: Coach Coughlin talks Victor Cruz and prep for Buffalo as the #Giants get back to work http://snpy.tv/1NXpcR8

@Giants

Victor Cruz was back on the field today! Today's practice in 1f4f7.png IMAGES>>http://bit.ly/1FDwHeB

CQAj-puUwAAAf1h.jpg

@Giants

CQAKuIZW8AE-qFI.jpg

"I'm convinced I'm playing Sunday." - Victor Cruz

Victor Cruz says he ran about 20 routes on the side today. Zero setbacks. #Giants

"I can't lie there might be some emotions on the field Sunday." - Victor Cruz

Victor Cruz says he's excited to see how he feels after back-to-back practices. #Giants

Or during a game, for that matter. I wasn't feeling comfortable at all yesterday until Hogan's TD.

It took until Karlos's TD run for me to feel safe haha

It was Hogan's for me. Too little time for them to comeback even with 100% 2pt conversions. Karlos's TD was just the icing.

BBFS is still alive and well I see. The game was over at halftime.

I thought it showed great improvement that I knew we had it with over 8 minutes to go.

Glad to hear you're getting better. clap.gif

My coverage match-up ideas for this week:

- Gilmore on Reuben Randle. Randle has good size and hands, and is almost always on the boundary, so I want Gilmore there to neutralize his size and physicality. I also think this is a match-up that strongly favors Gilmore, so Rex can essentially eliminate one of Eli's options pre-snap. Not only does that limit the routes he can throw, it gives Rex the ability to run overload blitzes from Gilmore's side without the worry that they're going to get burnt with hot throws.

- Darby on Beckham or Cruz--whoever is on the other boundary. Love the quickness-on-quickness match-up here. Darby is capable of doing a good job on either of these guys. When it's Beckham, he'll get help, which I'll get to in a second...

- Robey on either Beckham or Cruz--whoever plays the slot. When it's Beckham, he's the guy that gets the help, in the form of...

- Underneath drop zone coverage. With the CBs in man coverage, I'd run a lot of mixed-zone pressure packages with the safeties, LBs, and DLmen. Show heavy pressure pre-snap, then drop guys into short zones to cause traffic in the throwing lanes between Eli and Beckham, since he's the guy that can most likely hurt you when you pressure. It'll expose you a bit to the TE getting open up the seams, but I have no problem making Larry Donnell the guy that beats me.

Thoughts?

I like Gilmore on Randle, Darby on OBJ, and Robey on Cruz.

I like Gilmore on Randle, Darby on OBJ, and Robey on Cruz.

Me too...I expect, however, that they'll move OBJ into the slot on a regular basis to get the match-up against Robey. Those are the times where we need to get a bit creative and either creep a safety over the top or let Robey play a bit deeper and drop a LB into the short zone area.

It's not that I don't think Robey can play; OBJ just happens to be a guy that you need to game plan against. He's one of the few that we'll face this year (others are AJ Green and Dez Bryant) where you can't simply say "cover him" and assume we'll be in good shape much of the time.

Me too...I expect, however, that they'll move OBJ into the slot on a regular basis to get the match-up against Robey. Those are the times where we need to get a bit creative and either creep a safety over the top or let Robey play a bit deeper and drop a LB into the short zone area.

It's not that I don't think Robey can play; OBJ just happens to be a guy that you need to game plan against. He's one of the few that we'll face this year (others are AJ Green and Dez Bryant) where you can't simply say "cover him" and assume we'll be in good shape much of the time.

Yeah, they'll likely try to dictate the matchups they want by a combination of formation and motion. I'm sure Rex and Thurman know this and will be prepared.