Week 4: Giants' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

The GMen could be 3-0...they carried 10 point leads to the 4th quarter of both of their losses. They can score. Their OL is improved from last year but has not yet been tested by a D front like the Bills. Eli super-immobile so a dirty pocket can get the int machine cranked up. Blitzing Eli is a gamble as he will take the hit and get the ball out to the single-coverage. Their inside game can get going with Andre Williams - he reminds me of Karlos - similar styles. He gets to the 2nd level and lays wood on the LBs and Safety's. Shane Vereen on 3rd downs has been really effective for them (remember that guy?). ODB is moved all over the place to create mismatches...Eli has been using their TE's underneath to take advantage. They have been dying to get Cruz back in the slot. ODB and Cruz have been together for one game in last 2 seasons. Their D can be gashed...they need to blitz to get any heat on the QB. Secondary is thin...Prince A will take away one of our WR's...DRC has been injured and his replacement is not good. Safety has been ravaged by injuries. Nothing especially scary in the front 7. That said, The GMen are rarely out of any game and the coach/QB are as battle-tested as anyone.

We need to limit the penalties. Get a couple of takeaways and keep that offensive momentum. In our building, they will have problems hanging around over 60 minutes.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The GMen could be 3-0...they carried 10 point leads to the 4th quarter of both of their losses. They can score. Their OL is improved from last year but has not yet been tested by a D front like the Bills. Eli super-immobile so a dirty pocket can get the int machine cranked up. Blitzing Eli is a gamble as he will take the hit and get the ball out to the single-coverage. Their inside game can get going with Andre Williams - he reminds me of Karlos - similar styles. He gets to the 2nd level and lays wood on the LBs and Safety's. Shane Vereen on 3rd downs has been really effective for them (remember that guy?). ODB is moved all over the place to create mismatches...Eli has been using their TE's underneath to take advantage. They have been dying to get Cruz back in the slot. ODB and Cruz have been together for one game in last 2 seasons. The GMen are rarely out of any game and the coach/QB are as battle-tested as anyone.

We need to limit the penalties. Get a couple of takeaways and keep that offensive momentum. In our building, they will have problems hanging around over 60 minutes.

I agree that this will be a stiff test for the D.

The Giants also have a pretty solid run D with Cullen Jenkins and Jonathan Hankins on the interior.

Prince Amukamara has also come into his own the last 2 seasons.

I agree that this will be a stiff test for the D.

The Giants also have a pretty solid run D with Cullen Jenkins and Jonathan Hankins on the interior.

Prince Amukamara has also come into his own the last 2 seasons.

The Giants were torched by both Romo and Ryan. I see no reason why the Bills and Tyrod cannot have similar success this week given the many weapons in the arsenal.

The Giants were torched by both Romo and Ryan. I see no reason why the Bills and Tyrod cannot have similar success this week given the many weapons in the arsenal.

I agree that Buffalo should be able to score points against them.

I do think, however, that the extra half-week to rest and game plan may give the Giants an advantage, so IMO that makes this a tougher game than it would be otherwise.

Plus, those play-makers they have on offense do bother me.

I agree that Buffalo should be able to score points against them.

I do think, however, that the extra half-week to rest and game plan may give the Giants an advantage, so IMO that makes this a tougher game than it would be otherwise.

Plus, those play-makers they have on offense do bother me.

It'll likely help them some, but end the end it'll be a matter of Jimmys and Joes over Xs and Os. The Bills should win this game.

It's another statement game (seems like we're saying that each week). Rightly or wrongly the Giants will be overhyped in the media and the Bills underhyped.

Gotta stay focused like they were this week, and take care of business. Aaron Williams will be back -- as long as he keeps his emotions in check that's a good thing.

We may see the return of Goodwin also -- which is good news if Sammy can't go.

It's another statement game (seems like we're saying that each week). Rightly or wrongly the Giants will be overhyped in the media and the Bills underhyped.

Gotta stay focused like they were this week, and take care of business. Aaron Williams will be back -- as long as he keeps his emotions in check that's a good thing.

We may see the return of Goodwin also -- which is good news if Sammy can't go.

Good point. The Bills need that 2nd deep threat to create room for the rest of the guys.

I have a feeling Manning can read blitzes and coverages a lot better than Tannehill. Tannehill left a lot of big plays on the field by not recognizing what the defense was doing.

http://boards.giants.com/showthread.php?63864-Giants-Bills-Discussion&s=653878614e71c21623961dede892fd40

Pretty interesting. Apparently the fact that Brady hung 40 on the bills means the defense is awful. Not that brady is good.

Good...hope we get to hear that all week, every week.

There was nothing more ridiculous than the "start all your Dolphins in fantasy, the Bills' defense is giving up the most fantasy points to opposing QBs" stuff I heard all week.

Context guys, context.

To be fair, at least this week includes Eli Manning and Tom Coughlin, who are a lot closer to Brady/Belichick than Tannehill/whatever in terms of mental talent, it seems.

Eli makes his share of boneheaded mistakes with exhibit A being his incomplete pass vs. the Cowboys in week 1. Eli also throws quite a few picks. Both are things we very rarely see from Brady.