Breaking down Tyrods interceptions.

mikef272002

Even still, it would have been underthrown to Woods if it was intended to him. Woods was at least 11 yards past where sammy was trying to make a play on the ball. Watch the video. Watkins is tipping the ball before woods even turns around.

I thing I noticed in the video was Karlos Williams is a beast. The drive when it's 37-13 1st play catches a short pass and totally runs over # 23 Chung. A couple plays later on a pass to Harvin he gets downfield and blows up #30 Harmon. He's going to be a handful for other teams very soon.

Edited by LOVEMESOMEBILLS

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the Pats game was more on the defense than on Tyrod... we put up 32 points, which should win you most games.

It's not that simple. All three phases have to work together for the team to be successful. Five consecutive 3 and outs were a major contributor as well as ST poor play and penalties.

Hence why I said 'more on the defense', not 'completely the defense's fault'.

Hes still got over a 100 qb rating, a 75% completion percentage and some very accurate long balls to wr's that barely played in the preseason in only his second NFL start against the top 2 AFC teams last year, one being the superbowl champs.

He is doing great so far.

This needs to be reiterated over and over. It's his second start! He has been through the gauntlet already and put up almost 60 pts. This is the first time in a long time where I'm not worrying about how the QB will play in the coming week. I think he is steady and getting sharper.

This needs to be reiterated over and over. It's his second start! He has been through the gauntlet already and put up almost 60 pts. This is the first time in a long time where I'm not worrying about how the QB will play in the coming week. I think he is steady and getting sharper.

i still worry because as a 1st year starter, he's facing a defense every week that he's never played against before. But I do feel like our QB is more of an asset than a liability - and that's fairly uncommon with this team.

I get the excitement over Taylor. He made some awesome plays in the 4th quarter of that game, but in the 1st 3 quarters of the game he was pretty brutal. Especially towards the end of the 3rd where he got sacked 3 times in a row fumbling twice.

The offensive line didn't do him any favors(They were pretty bad actually) but he looked lost up until the 4th and while I don't think the Patriots backed off scheme was(they weren't in prevent), it is possible the Patriots defense got complacent and lazy due to the fact that the game was pretty much in hand.

We will see this week if he can build on that 4th quarter or if he reverts back to form from the first 3 quarters of that game in which he was awful.

If he does play like he did in that last quarter against Miami, then I expect a win. No question.

Except when he drove them right down the field on the first drive? Talk about revisionist history

i still worry because as a 1st year starter, he's facing a defense every week that he's never played against before. But I do feel like our QB is more of an asset than a liability - and that's fairly uncommon with this team.

Yolo I agree. Here's a question though, could it have been worse being the pats****? The intimidation of the SB champs, the vaunted BB coaching etc? Maybe caused TT to actually believe he was overmatched? I expect him to perform better and not have the deer in the headlights look and if it cost us a week 2 loss for him to not have that look again I'll take it.

Yolo I agree. Here's a question though, could it have been worse being the pats****? The intimidation of the SB champs, the vaunted BB coaching etc? Maybe caused TT to actually believe he was overmatched? I expect him to perform better and not have the deer in the headlights look and if it cost us a week 2 loss for him to not have that look again I'll take it.

i didn't notice the deer in headlights but if it was there, that sucks. There are bigger challenges to come, but I feel like he was not ready to get in a shoot out with Tom Brady. The defense needs to do its job so he's not coming from behind and expected to win the game with his arm (at this point in his career).

i didn't notice the deer in headlights but if it was there, that sucks. There are bigger challenges to come, but I feel like he was not ready to get in a shoot out with Tom Brady. The defense needs to do its job so he's not coming from behind and expected to win the game with his arm (at this point in his career).

I guess I was meaning more of the deer in the headlights in terms of how he didn't seem to trust what he was seeing, holding the ball a little too long etc. you're absolutely right though. This early in his career he can't be expected to bail out what should be a very good defense.

If he had put it more toward the middle, Sammy would've gotten smoked because the DB was coming from the left side. As it was, Sammy had no one in front of him for maybe 15 yards.

To me it's a real shame that the ball did not hit Sammy in the breadbasket and in stride. DB coming in from the left would have been about four yards closer to the line of scrimmage and Watkins would have been turning it straight upfield with a single high safety to beat, a fifteen yard cushion and Woods in the area to possibly help out with a block. Given Sammy's YAC ability I like his chances of scoring in that scenario. I think we were very close to pulling off a major comeback which would certainly have raised a few eyebrows and changed the post game conversation somewhat I would think. Confirms my belief that our O has the potential to be very productive, indeed explosive at times, and I think we will see that more clearly as the O starts to gel. We are loaded with playmakers and I think Tyrod will have the wherewithal to get the best out of them. For sure his performance so far has been uneven but what I see is a guy with a very strong arm that is not inaccurate and who can make plays with his legs. I have to think those are the main takeaways from the two games so far and I also believe that the Bills brass are very pleased with what they have seen (while acknowledging that Tyrod and the O are a work in process) otherwise they might not have traded Cassell. Trading MC may have been an even greater vote of confidence in Tyrod than it was in EJ.