Breaking down Tyrods interceptions.

mikef272002

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did anyone see the Woods TD? Looked like either an incredible throw, or a damn lucky one that should have been picked.

A little bit of both I'd say. If he led the receiver the safety was to the left of where woods was running. It made woods adjust and run straight instead of on an angle. That was the good part about it. If the coverage from the cb want so bad it would have been an easy pick. That was the luck part.

A little bit of both I'd say. If he led the receiver the safety was to the left of where woods was running. It made woods adjust and run straight instead of on an angle. That was the good part about it. If the coverage from the cb want so bad he wouldn't have thrown it it would have been an easy pick. That was the luck part.

Fixed.

Wrong! There's no way Sammy is coming down with a ball that just barely touches his finger tips. Overthrown pass all the way. Sammy was being diplomatic as he often is in interviews.

I watched the replay a ton of times, the camera's moving too fast to see if it went through his hands or finger tips. what replay are you watching?

from what I've seen tryrod has been way more accurate then I ever imagined based on what little we had to base expectation on. The pick at the end of the second quarterwas by far his worst, but situationally not lethal. The other two a bit high but tipped into picks. Most of his tosses have been on the money.

TakeYouToTasker and I went back and forth on that one a little bit...when I first saw it at the game, I thought as he did: that it was a lucky throw that should've been picked.

After seeing the A-22 from the end-zone view, it looks like a perfect throw--just high enough to be out of Butler's reach, but low enough to let Woody make a play. I don't know if TYTT has had a chance to see the A-22 yet, so I don't know if he's since changed his opinion.

Yeah...not arguing that point at all. Just saying I like that he owns his responsibilities.

Yes, I have. Thank you for reminding me about this. I've softened my stance a bit after seeing the All-22.

Here's where I stand on that play:

The throw was incredibly ill-advised, and could have been intercepted if it hadn't be thrown absolutely perfectly, to the perfect spot, with perfect velocity, and perfect timing, all of which it was. There aren't a lot of quarterbacks who can make that throw, and even fewer who can do it with any degree of consistency. If Tyrod makes that throw 10 times, I wouldn't be surprised if 9 are intercepted. OR, I could be completely wrong, and Tyrod actually has a "once in a generation" type of ceiling, and will hit those with freakish jaw dropping consistency leading us to 10 straight Super Bowls. (more likely somewhere in between, as we all know)

With that said, I really hope Tyrod doesn't decide to make a living slinging that type of toss, because I'm not sure my antacid budget can handle it.

Yes, I have. Thank you for reminding me about this. I've softened my stance a bit after seeing the All-22.

Here's where I stand on that play:

The throw was incredibly ill-advised, and could have been intercepted if it hadn't be thrown absolutely perfectly, to the perfect spot, with perfect velocity, and perfect timing, all of which it was. There aren't a lot of quarterbacks who can make that throw, and even fewer who can do it with any degree of consistency. If Tyrod makes that throw 10 times, I wouldn't be surprised if 9 are intercepted. OR, I could be completely wrong, and Tyrod actually has a "once in a generation" type of ceiling, and will hit those with freakish jaw dropping consistency leading us to 10 straight Super Bowls. (more likely somewhere in between, as we all know)

With that said, I really hope Tyrod doesn't decide to make a living slinging that type of toss, because I'm not sure my antacid budget can handle it.

Hah! Good summary, and good on you for taking a second look.

As soon as he threw it, I had my head in my hands thinking it would be picked.

All-22. It was hot and too high for Sammy.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000534702/Patriots-Logan-Ryan-interception

this video has the best close-up angles. i'm calling this very catchable. and coming in "hot" from 33 yards out seems somewhat of a stretch. and if you look at the end zone camera angle, he had more than enough time to see the ball and get in position.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000534702/Patriots-Logan-Ryan-interception

this video has the best close-up angles. i'm calling this very catchable. and coming in "hot" from 33 yards out seems somewhat of a stretch. and if you look at the end zone camera angle, he had more than enough time to see the ball and get in position.

You go right ahead. Overthrow all the way.

How is this even a discussion? He timed his jump perfectly and at his highest elevation, the ball was a bit behind him and grazed his fingertips. How the hell is he supposed to catch that? Please explain that scientifically. Not "we traded two first rounders for him, he should catch that...derp".

Because it didn't just "graze his fingertips." you understand the definition of "graze" and "fingertips" right? Derp

922FinalPlay.gif

At the time, I thought it was completely uncatchable, but from that replay, I think Sammy could have had it. Would have been a spectacular grab, as the throw was too high, but not impossible.

Because it didn't just "graze his fingertips." you understand the definition of "graze" and "fingertips" right? Derp

922FinalPlay.gif

agreed...as i mentioned above, i've changed my mind after seeing the replay...jumped the gun a bit earlier

Edited by QB Bills

So, you're saying every single overthrow is uncatchable? This can't possibly be an overthrow that was also catchable?

Of course not. I'm talking about this particular throw. Put it on him accurately in a reasonably clean pocket and it's not even an issue.

What week will EJ start? My guess is very soon.

Would you stop this please? Tyrod isn't coming out of the lineup any time soon unless it's due to injury.

I think these angles show conclusively that it was a bad pass that was still catchable.

Does anyone else think that Sammy mistimed his jump and hand extension by a split second? The sequence doesn't seem right to me as to when he peaks and when the ball hits his hands.