Breaking down Tyrods interceptions.

mikef272002

Just watched the all pro 22 and game replay. The first and last interception's were actually not even going to the receivers who tipped the balls. The first one that Clay tipped as it appeared to be thrown high was actually going to Woods who was about 7 yards behind Clay wide open sitting in a "hole". He throws his hands up at Clay as to say "Hey that was going to me". On the last one that Sammy tipped which again appeared to be too high was actually going to Harven coming across with his man beat. Tyrod noted in his press conference that it was to Harvin and not Sammy. If that is what was happening then it should be something correctable, and not having 2 receivers in the same area would help..!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just watched the all pro 22 and game replay. The first and last interception's were actually not even going to the receivers who tipped the balls. The first one that Clay tipped as it appeared to be thrown high was actually going to Woods who was about 7 yards behind Clay wide open sitting in a "hole". He throws his hands up at Clay as to say "Hey that was going to me". On the last one that Sammy tipped which again appeared to be too high was actually going to Harven coming across with his man beat. Tyrod noted in his press conference that it was to Harvin and not Sammy. If that is what was happening then it should be something correctable, and not having 2 receivers in the same area would help..!

The tipped pass to Sammy was thrown to Sammy, according to Tyrod.

The tipped pass to Sammy was thrown to Sammy, according to Tyrod.

If you listen to his press conference yesterday at the very end the reporter asks him who the ball was intended for on the last play and he said it was to Percy. Then the video ends, so it's hard to catch..

If you listen to his press conference yesterday at the very end the reporter asks him who the ball was intended for on the last play and he said it was to Percy. Then the video ends, so it's hard to catch..

There is another thread where TT said, I believe just after the game or the next day, that the pass was meant for Sammy. Not sure why he'd say that and then change it to Harvin.

There is another thread where TT said, I believe just after the game or the next day, that the pass was meant for Sammy. Not sure why he'd say that and then change it to Harvin.

Unless at that time he was talking about a different interception.. I just listened to it again to make sure I heard him correctly and he clearly stated it was to Percy.

Unless at that time he was talking about a different interception.. I just listened to it again to make sure I heard him correctly and he clearly stated it was to Percy.

I find that hard to believe since Harvin was on the other side of the field. Woods was behind Sammy on that throw.

post-12191-0-65160100-1443108928_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Wiz

Go to Buffalobills.com, and look at Tyrods most recent video titled "get the ball out faster" It was the last question in the interview... And no it don't really matter for those that don't care.. I'm just saying to the people bashing him that it's not as bad as you may have thought...

Tyrod also said that he felt the INT's were on him, that the balls were placed too high, and that it was a technique issue that he is working to correct.

i just read in another thread that is probably not correctable due to his height, and they are preparing EJ to take over for when he is benched so they had to make him the #2 and get rid of Cassel to get him the reps.

Smdh.

what were you saying?

https://vine.co/v/M2x62ilE9Up

Wow. I take it all back.....c'mon. Catch it when it matters or don't throw it so only Andre the Giant can reach it. Asking Sammy to make that catch is ridiculous... the NE DB made a great play on both the tipped INTs. Meanwhile our guys cant catch them when they are thrown in the bread basket...

i just read in another thread that is probably not correctable due to his height, and they are preparing EJ to take over for when he is benched so they had to make him the #2 and get rid of Cassel to get him the reps.

Smdh.

He's 6'1 nothing to do with height, It was a bad release point and rushed throw. Look at Brees...he seems to do alright with his height issue.

Wow. I take it all back.....c'mon. Catch it when it matters or don't throw it so only Andre the Giant can reach it. Asking Sammy to make that catch is ridiculous... the NE DB made a great play on both the tipped INTs. Meanwhile our guys cant catch them when they are thrown in the bread basket...

He's 6'1 nothing to do with height, It was a bad release point and rushed throw. Look at Brees...he seems to do alright with his height issue.

He probably could've had it...it would have, however, been an outstanding catch. It was a bad throw that could've been a terrific catch. The correctable measure is throwing the ball better, not expecting your WR to make a phenomenal catch.

He probably could've had it...it would have, however, been an outstanding catch. It was a bad throw that could've been a terrific catch. The correctable measure is throwing the ball better, not expecting your WR to make a phenomenal catch.

Absolutely. He may catch that 1 out of 5 times. The ball was thrown after his break was finished. I'd have to go back to see if he was the primary or not.