Ronald Darby putting up Darrelle Revis-esque coverage stats

pbanach

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a very good scenario......teams are gonna stop throwing at Darby and start throwing at Gilmore........VERY good thing.

McKelvin still has a role here......injuries (and John Rambo)......happen

^

This. Quality depth is invaluable, and the injury bug bites deep some times.

After the Aaron Rodgers negative grade for MNF vs. KC, I'm not sure what this means.....

‏@Rand_Getlin

Through three games, #Bills CB Ronald Darby is only allowing a 31.8 QB rating when thrown at, per @PFF. Best in the league.

as kelly said, that's not a (more subjective) PFF grade - that is a pure statistic like yards per attempt, several other sports media groups should be able to confirm that number.

Nobody truly singles Beckham. Becuase he has better footwork I'd go Darby with safety help. Let Gilmore go one on one with Cruz or randle, which is playing better.

I mostly agree with that, but have a slightly different take. I'm pretty sure Cruz primarily works out of the slot. Have Roby take him, since he's so good covering slot receivers, and let Gilmore take on their big, physical receiver Randle on the outside. Have the ultra-athletic Darby cover their deep threat Beckham. Give Darby safety help over the top (though I don't think he'd need it all the time), let the other two play on islands, and get after Manning and stop the run. Gilmore should be able to shut Randle down, Darby plus the occasional safety would leave Beckham having trouble to find space, and occasionally giving Robey some help on Cruz to potentially reduce Cruz's impact, and they'd be stuck with the run game and checkdowns. Other than Gronk, we've been good against TEs recently, so as long as we can have someone match up against their TE, and we continue to stop the run, I think we should be fairly well off on D this coming week.