Taylor Review

Thurmal34

I should ask you the same.... Too many three and outs, and stalled drives... Not sure who was responsible, but the playcalling lacked lethality... Karlos Williams looked great, and LB's were flat-out studs yesterday... I like Tyrod... He's the best QB we've had in a while... Terrific arm strength... great athlete.... Not yet a playoff calibre QB... Which is what we need.... A win against a lousy team, and a terrible coach does not equal a playoff berth or a won division... Tyrod still has much to prove.

:lol: Right back atcha!

:o

Dude.... I got in some big trouble insulting Ryan Fitzpatrick on this board... And caught just as much heat defending Russell Wilson... The fact that I question Tyrod's brain power has nothing to do with race. -At all... I swear.

Hot take!! Ryan Lindley was a playoff QB last year.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hot take!! Ryan Lindley was a playoff QB last year.

Yet no one has ever accused Lindley of being playoff CALIBRE... Which was the term I used.... We've all seen tremendous performances from Fitz, and T. Edwards... Shame on me for needing more time to make up my mind on Taylor... Feel free to use words like "franchise" if you wan't... I'm not anywhere near there yet, and may not be for some time.... .

Edited by #34fan

Yet no one has ever accused Lindley of being playoff CALIBRE... Which was the term I used.... We've all seen tremendous performances from Fitz, and T. Edwards... Shame on me for needing more time to make up my mind on Taylor... Feel free to use words like "franchise" if you wan't... I'm not anywhere near there yet, and may not be for some time.... .

What about his play to date hasn't impressed you? His play has him near the top of the league in every passing category and the team is 3rd in the league in points. What about his performance has underwhelmed you? What did you expect him to do better than he has?

What about his play to date hasn't impressed you? His play has him near the top of the league in every passing category and the team is 3rd in the league in points. What about his performance has underwhelmed you? What did you expect him to do better than he has?

I can't speak for 34, but as for me, I'm thrilled by what he has done so far. However, there have been a lot of QBs who have started out great (Robert Griffin and Vince Young for example) and then turned to worms. Not saying Tyrod will, but I can't predict the future. So far, so good. But you gotta play well over time to be franchise or elite or whatever you wanna call it. Way too early to crown him IMHO. Take it one week at a time.

It's a good start.

I can't speak for 34, but as for me, I'm thrilled by what he has done so far. However, there have been a lot of QBs who have started out great (Robert Griffin and Vince Young for example) and then turned to worms. Not saying Tyrod will, but I can't predict the future. So far, so good. But you gotta play well over time to be franchise or elite or whatever you wanna call it. Way too early to crown him IMHO. Take it one week at a time.

It's a good start.

I don't disagree but that is different than "he isn't playoff caliber." I don't even know what that means. If someone believes that "he is not a playoff caliber QB" they better be prepared to support their argument because the numbers say otherwise.

The nice thing about this past Dolphins game is that it solidified the notion that you can't defend TT by keeping him in the pocket and forcing him to beat you. He'll beat you.

The nice thing about this past Dolphins game is that it solidified the notion that you can't defend TT by keeping him in the pocket and forcing him to beat you. He'll beat you.

I just watched the condensed version of the game. TT was even better than I thought. He had a few bad throws but every QB does. But on second viewing, some of the ones I saw the first time were even better on closer scrutiny. He played such a smart game.

I don't disagree but that is different than "he isn't playoff caliber." I don't even know what that means. If someone believes that "he is not a playoff caliber QB" they better be prepared to support their argument because the numbers say otherwise.

Okay fine.... for me, it was the overthrows... And the ball-holding... Tyrod seems to overthink it too much... I understand your need for further proof... i wish I had some.... To me, these are not very good signs... I remain open-minded, but pessimistic about Tyrods long-term effectiveness.. We'll see vs. NYG... It's a big stage vs. another superbowl winning QB... If you guys are right, i'll tip my hat to you..

Okay fine.... for me, it was the overthrows... And the ball-holding... Tyrod seems to overthink it too much... I understand your need for further proof... i wish I had some.... To me, these are not very good signs... I remain open-minded, but pessimistic about Tyrods long-term effectiveness.. We'll see vs. NYG... It's a big stage vs. another superbowl winning QB... If you guys are right, i'll tip my hat to you..

It's eight minutes into the MNF game and Aaron Rodgers, one of the very best QBs, already has more high passes thrown than TT did. Not to mention that high or overthrown passes on bombs are 10x better than shorter and lower ones.

I agree 100%.

I know Tyrod could use some more experience, and has to learn as teams gameplan against him, but the notion that if you can render him ineffective if he stays in the pocket seems false. He might throw better on rollouts, but if you are going to over-commit to stop that he can definitely hurt you.

The one measuring stick I hold above all others for all players, but especially QBs, is their ability to respond to adversity. How does he pick himself up off the mat? Needless to say, TT passed that test with flying colors. Gives me a sense of confidence knowing he can overcome those times when he and/or the team struggles. I particularly loved his attitude about how the response to last week's test actually started in the 4th quarter against NE**** and how they were able to carry that focus into the practice week. His attitude is infectious.

I cannot overstate how important that aspect of QB play is.

GO BILLS!!!

The one measuring stick I hold above all others for all players, but especially QBs, is their ability to respond to adversity. How does he pick himself up off the mat? Needless to say, TT passed that test with flying colors. Gives me a sense of confidence knowing he can overcome those times when he and/or the team struggles. I particularly loved his attitude about how the response to last week's test actually started in the 4th quarter against NE**** and how they were able to carry that focus into the practice week. His attitude is infectious.

I cannot overstate how important that aspect of QB play is.

GO BILLS!!!

^ this

It's a good start.

A reason I am optimistic about his start vs. the starts given by guys like RGIII and Vince Young is that Taylor doesn't seem to be riding a gadget offense. We have an excellent OC in Roman, but this is not the gimmicky deal that Washington used. This is a legit offense. In the case of VY, There are similarities between the teams - Ten. had a great defense to support the offense, but their offense didn't have any firepower. They legitimately ran "Ground and Pound" without the passing game we have. Tyrod has exhibited excellent decision making in 2 of 3 games. In the other, he almost overcame a terrible performance in the pocket (I blame him for most of the sacks). He had us right in it at the end.

It's a good start.

Interesting players to compare him to (never mind that both took their teams to the playoffs), but why use those two?