Taylor Review

Thurmal34

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read the thread, so forgive me if my take is stale, but I still feel good about Taylor.

For the middle quarters he looked lost. It took me back to games 3 and 4 last year. He couldn't feel the pass rush, couldn't read the defense, was afraid to throw down the field, and just looked overwhelmed.

But the way he fought back in the late 3rd and through the 4th is encouraging. I expect growing pains from a guy in his second start. It's how he responds that tells the story.

The types of mistakes make a difference too. 2 of those INTs we're off the hands of a receiver. They were too high and I still put them on the QB, but the point is they weren't the kind of head scratching mistakes you can't correct. A guy who throws 3 TDs and runs for another is showing the upside on the field to make me believe he can be the guy.

Time will tell, and he certainly has a way to go to get where we need him to be, but I'm still on the bandwagon for now.

I generally agree with this. The other point about 2 of those INTs is they were thrown in very short time at the end of the half (while trying to score before half) and at the very end of the game. Obviously INTs are never good, but with :16s in the half in one case and 1:15s in the game in the other, they resulted in kneel-downs. The first INT on the throw to Clay, I thought was very bad judgement throwing a jump ball into double coverage with a DB trailing. Yes it was 3rd down and we were trying to make things happen, but "live to fight another day", don't give the Pats great field position. It would be OK to take that risk if we were down on the NE 30 perhaps, long for a field goal you can look at a deep pass as the equivalent of a punt in some ways, if you make it great, if you don't you were going to punt on the next play (as long as you tackle anyone who intercepts promptly)

Not to take away or disagree that Taylor needs to improve, but I think it's also worth looking at the *@!# play calling. After the first drive, the Pats were clearly stacking the box. I can see 11 guys on the first down play - so obviously we dial up...a run? The defense adjusts, the offensive play calling needs to adjust, and depending upon how much freedom he has that may be 0% on Taylor.

YardsPerPass has some great stuff up on his Twitter feed breaking down TT's day. He missed a lot of reads and a left the pocket a bunch of times when he didn't have to.

He's still the right guy for the job IMO, but he has to be better than he was Sunday if the Bills want to compete for a championship.

Yeah, he held the Bills offense to 5 TDs. He really showed them.

3 of those TDs came in garbage time. It's sad reading so many replays from fans buying into that 4th quarter. It's easy to get hot when the game is out of hand and there's no more pressure to win. It was nice that he did do what he did, but Taylor needs to perform under pressure when the game is still a contest.

Edited by 1billsfan

YardsPerPass has some great stuff up on his Twitter feed breaking down TT's day. He missed a lot of reads and a left the pocket a bunch of times when he didn't have to.

He's still the right guy for the job IMO, but he has to be better than he was Sunday if the Bills want to compete for a championship.

He's 75% passing on the year... if he's missing guys, then so is every QB in the league.

3 of those TDs came in garbage time. It's sad reading so many replays from fans buying into that 4th quarter. It's easy to get hot when the game is out of hand and there's no more pressure to win. It was nice that he did do what he did, but Taylor needs to perform under pressure when the game is still a contest.

We had the ball with 1:15 left in the game down 1 score... How is that garbage time?

To me it looked as if he was still on his feet when pushed into the endzone, therefore a safety. Could be I was pissed at the crappy performance at the time and wasn't paying full attention.

I understand. It wasn't a safety though - it was a forward progress ball placement (as it should have been).

Unfortunately - I think we saw the real Tyrod today. He was nothing at VaTech. Did nothing at Baltimore and did nothing today. I hope I am wrong- but I think Tyrod played over his head in limited action in pre season and against the Colts last week. He looked like a third string QB when it counted for mos of the game today. Maybe we can blame it on the coaching and game plan but if was bad today. Let's see what happens next week in Miami.

NOTHING? lets review VA tech career.

ACC Championship ( 2007,2008,2010)

2010 ACC player of the Year

2010 Acc offensive player of the year

2010 ACC championship Game MVp

2008 ACCC championship Game MVP

If you are gopping to TROLL please at least get your facts right, WShould be banned for this.

Don't let facts get in the way of the crusade

I get where you are coming from. But the ineptness of the O in q2 and q3, combined with the horridly confused D put us in a deep hole. TT's numbers are the end of the first half were very bad. Way too early to call trends but some items best watching if we seriously think this team is capable of the playoffs

We had the ball with 1:15 left in the game down 1 score... How is that garbage time?

IMO, the Pats started dropping players into coverage and played prevent defense. They got caught with their pants down because they really no longer had any fear of what the Bills could do on offense and it almost burnt them. The Bills got hot and it was just one of those things that happens to teams who have a big lead with a lot of time left. Great for Tyrod to keep plugging away like that. However, he really needs to start burning teams down the field with his arm. Preferably in the first half of games. Because we all know that the dink and dunk game does not work and won't get you in the playoffs. All the blame isn't on Taylor either. It's also on Roman and Rex. Do they want to be in the playoffs? Then stop with the stupid old school ground and pound crap and become a passing team first. They have all the weapons in the world and we all want to see if Taylor is a franchise QB. No more training wheels, go nuts like they were doing in the fourth quarter. That's the ticket to a Superbowl folks. If the Bills have a top 10 offense we are there. Just go for it Rex.

OMG TORLLS TROLLS EVERYWHERE? if it was "garbage time" why did we have a chance to tie with less than 2 minutes to go..Really? MY god, please do a better job of trolling.

I think its because of the stature and the first rd draft status. People here are emotional. Let tyrod do well sunday and he will be god again... take notes... and im an EJ fan

Yeah, but what if he has another "bad game"? What if teams "figured him out"? What do the Bills do then, go with Cassel? Will EJ ever get another opportunity to "let 'er rip"?

OMG TORLLS TROLLS EVERYWHERE? if it was "garbage time" why did we have a chance to tie with less than 2 minutes to go..Really? MY god, please do a better job of trolling.

If 37-13 going into the 4th quarter isn't garbage time in the NFL then nothing is garbage time. Seriously. It's a positive that Taylor and the Bills got that hot, but it was still garbage time. It should be a lesson to the Bills that no lead is safe and if they are ever in the position of having a huge lead, they need to continue to play hard for the entire game.

what's sad to me are the knee jerks. If you're right let me be the first to congratulate you on your pronouncement.