Taylor Review

Thurmal34

I saw every play live. He rebounded nicely in the 4th qtr. He stunk before then. Here's to a better game this week before the Bills get in a big hole.

But you know what? The game is 60 minutes long, plus OT sometimes. Bad quarters, good quarters, it's all part of one game. My takeaway from Sunday is Taylor bounced back and made it a game till the final drive. That means a lot to me.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you know what? The game is 60 minutes long, plus OT sometimes. Bad quarters, good quarters, it's all part of one game. My takeaway from Sunday is Taylor bounced back and made it a game till the final drive. That means a lot to me.

It should. Resilience and character to never quit are important traits.

I saw every play live. He rebounded nicely in the 4th qtr. He stunk before then. Here's to a better game this week before the Bills get in a big hole.

TBH even coaches talk about needing to watch tape so seeing it live should have no added knowledge then someone seeing it on TV.

Read whole thread. Was shocked at lack of what is normally experienced Bills fans analysis. Looked to me that Roman wanted to kneel it out once we were up 7-0 and then got a 3 and out.

What we as fans don't know is how much Roman and Rex allow TT to audible out of a bad play call. Signature game fail play was when the Pats went up by 7 and we had to play from behind first series. On the TV I was watching, on 2nd down, all 11 Pats were in the screen - and we ran. That's 11 in the box and we still ran.

Tyrod is a better football mind than mine. But even mine knows you HAVE TO AUDIBLE OUT AND GO DEEP !! That's proof enough for me that TT was limited to whatever Roman called. Roman - if in charge - only called 3 deep balls today - 3. Insane with our WR talent. And if you say TT could do whatever there's there with no fear of repraisal I did not see that and it looked to me that we're back to EJ/Hackett/Marrone - I hope with all hope that I'm wrong. The OC was an absolute idiot today. And TT needs to push back hard if he was limited by him. Almost conspiracy theory **** bad on the unwillingness to go deep.

Aside from that, the D-line did not show up and all 4 should turn in their Top 100 .. crap. 2 out of 5 NE OL were rookies. Pathetic showing.

The second this TT's fault is the second u didn't really watch or are not a critically thinking football fan.

Still waiting for anyone to respond to this. Does anyone even know if TT was permitted to audible out of clearly incorrect play calls ?

If we could see 11 in the box - so could he - and we have Sammy, Woods and Percy wide. 3 deep balls in an entire game is basically handing a 3 and out to the Pats - which we did. TT could have and would have torched that secondary deep if he was able to audible out..

Still waiting for anyone to respond to this. Does anyone even know if TT was permitted to audible out of clearly incorrect play calls ?

If we could see 11 in the box - so could he - and we have Sammy, Woods and Percy wide. 3 deep balls in an entire game is basically handing a 3 and out to the Pats - which we did. TT could have and would have torched that secondary deep if he was able to audible out..

One would think that a player as intelligent as TT and in his fifth season as a pro, would have free reign. I'd be shocked if Roman handcuffed him in that fashion. Based on the number of open receivers we've had, I'm not sure there have been many "incorrect" play calls have been made.

GO BILLS!!!

I stopped reading after about the 4th post. Most here want to give EJ 3 years, but they are done with TT after 2 games...Yeah, great conversation...

I think its because of the stature and the first rd draft status. People here are emotional. Let tyrod do well sunday and he will be god again... take notes... and im an EJ fan

One would think that a player as intelligent as TT and in his fifth season as a pro, would have free reign. I'd be shocked if Roman handcuffed him in that fashion. Based on the number of open receivers we've had, I'm not sure there have been many "incorrect" play calls have been made.

GO BILLS!!!

It makes sense until one watched 9, 10, 11 in the box and still swing passes and runs while we were losing the lead and having one built on us.

I can face it but it's hard for me to think that TT's football mind can't see when a deep ball is the right audible. Single wide x3 and 11 in the box is that time.

Edited by moshermw

8 in the box most of the time. Can't run against that. Called swing passes against 8 in the box. They were all over that. Un touched blitzers up the middle. He did as much as possible. We were out coached period and didn't adjust. Ask Rex. He was more mad at himself than normal. With our O line we must use our TE to catch the quick pass and get them out of 8 in the box.

Why not take a page out of BBs book and run slants run flats us Sammy Clay and Harvin for YAC yards. I have been screaming this for weeks now. This team could be a yac yard monster

Did Tyrod struggle at times yesterday? Absolutely. But, it is one thing to struggle against the best team in football in your second career start and another to struggle against non-playoff teams (e.g. EJ against Houston last year).

That Tyrod could "struggle" and still lead the Bills to 32 points against the Super Bowl champs should be cause for celebration. New QB, new tight end, new running back, new fullback, two new starters on the offensive line, new offensive coordinator... and still 32 points against perhaps the best team we'll play all year. Not terrible in the grand scheme of things.

Let me ask you this... who has the better defense? The Pats or Houston.... Ill wait. If you are bringing up the 2 teams, put it in perspective.

There is a "dirty balls" joke in here somewhere...

Lol

very hard to tell. I still think that Watkins was the intended target there.

This

It makes sense until one watched 9, 10, 11 in the box and still swing passes and runs while we were losing the lead and having one built on us.

I can face it but it's hard for me to think that TT's football mind can't see when a deep ball is the right audible. Single wide x3 and 11 in the box is that time.

11 in the box and nobody covering the wideout? Really?

Anyway, I gotta believe that he has the green light any time he sees press man and one safety or cover-0. It's a no-brainer. High school QBs have that freedom, let alone 5th year pros.

GO BILLS!!!

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, if so please delete.

Our starting QB sucked today. He was slow to get the ball out, he was poor with his decision making, and he was unable to decide what to do quickly.

Major fail from Taylor and the OL. Glenn got soundly beaten by Jones. If your QB can't make up his mind and your OL can't protect you are out of the conversation. We deserve any ridicule we get. IdiotS.

Taylor looked like a guy making his second start but he was able to get the Bills back in the game. The defense was terrible especially the Dline which couldn't do jack vs 3 rookies. Rex is trying to do too much with the defense and obviously likes to talk but continues to lose to the Pats.

Overall Taylor was the least of the Bills problems IMO.

Please find the people who were complaining about EJs first game outing against NE and then against the Panthers? If EJ has consistently delivered those kinds of games then we wouldn't have a QB issue.

EJ was a wet behind the ears ROOKIE. TT is a 4 year "vet" not much more to say is there.

Not really though. Let's look at the actual stats: EJ's highest ever completion percentage in a game is 72.73%, he has never thrown for 3 TDs in a game, never accounted for 4 TDs in a game, never rushed for more than 40 yards and never had a game over 8.75 YPA. If you go through and pick out the best of the best of what he has ever done Tyrod has done more in 2 weeks.

Now if you were to average out all of his starts the gap would be much wider. I only looked for his absolute best performances and compared them against both of Taylor's. They are not in fact the same or even similar.

See last nights game against the NYETS. Maybe Indy was a false marker.

I am not going to argue this endlessly. Fact - TT had a good game and a bad game. Lets move on.

Tyrod is the best QB we have seen since Flutie. Not everyday you will get a QB that will help you score 32... In his second start. Sadly the defense **** the bed.

ROTFLMAO

good thing I didn't have a mouthful of coffee.

EJ was a wet behind the ears ROOKIE. TT is a 4 year "vet" not much more to say is there.

See last nights game against the NYETS. Maybe Indy was a false marker.

I am not going to argue this endlessly. Fact - TT had a good game and a bad game. Lets move on.

ROTFLMAO

good thing I didn't have a mouthful of coffee.

I was just responding to the post that people would throw out those same stats for EJ. Those stats don't exist for them to throw out.

Well then, the problem when playing great* teams is you can't have BAD QTR's. You can't throw 3 INT's and you can't fumble and give up a safety that the refs gifted the Bills, (yes, gifted) and you can't give the Cheatriots the ball at your own 30 to 40 yard line!!!

I'll say it again - Accept that TT had faults in the game Sunday and move on.

Well then, the problem when playing great* teams is you can't have BAD QTR's. You can't throw 3 INT's and you can't fumble and give up a safety that the refs gifted the Bills, (yes, gifted) and you can't give the Cheatriots the ball at your own 30 to 40 yard line!!!

A safety? What?

I was just responding to the post that people would throw out those same stats for EJ. Those stats don't exist for them to throw out.

Correct. That is what I have been saying as well. Those bad stats for EJ had people yelling for him to be benched.

Right now EJ is in street clothes and TT has the reigns. Lets keep moving forward and see what happens.

Additionally - What more can we discuss when the team has a bad outing for 2 full QTRs. You give credit or you criticize. Yes, there were positives and there were negatives. IMO the negatives outweighed the positives.

And that has absolutely nothing to do with whatever point you were trying to make.

Keep swinging & missing.

Huh??? re: the safety? That was in no way, shape, or form a safety, and nor did it look like one.