Taylor Review

Thurmal34

And that has absolutely nothing to do with whatever point you were trying to make.

Keep swinging & missing.

Maybe I misread your intent. It happens often here (and not just myself).

Let me state the following comments in general - make of it as you will.

Comparing a rookies 10 starts (4-6) and his 2nd season (2-2) record to TT's 2 NFL starts is silly. Obviously.

Trashing EJ's horrid game vs JJ Watt and giving TT a mulligan for Sunday is silly as well.

I always enjoyed - TT won the job because he was "better on his feet" and sat for 4 seasons under Flacco.

Next - Stop thinking people are saying TT is a bust when there is criticism.

We have NO clue how well TT will perform over the next month or so. Go Bills.

Huh??? re: the safety? That was in no way, shape, or form a safety, and nor did it look like one.

To me it looked as if he was still on his feet when pushed into the endzone, therefore a safety. Could be I was pissed at the crappy performance at the time and wasn't paying full attention.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't read the thread, so forgive me if my take is stale, but I still feel good about Taylor.

For the middle quarters he looked lost. It took me back to games 3 and 4 last year. He couldn't feel the pass rush, couldn't read the defense, was afraid to throw down the field, and just looked overwhelmed.

But the way he fought back in the late 3rd and through the 4th is encouraging. I expect growing pains from a guy in his second start. It's how he responds that tells the story.

The types of mistakes make a difference too. 2 of those INTs we're off the hands of a receiver. They were too high and I still put them on the QB, but the point is they weren't the kind of head scratching mistakes you can't correct. A guy who throws 3 TDs and runs for another is showing the upside on the field to make me believe he can be the guy.

Time will tell, and he certainly has a way to go to get where we need him to be, but I'm still on the bandwagon for now.

I haven't read the thread, so forgive me if my take is stale, but I still feel good about Taylor.

For the middle quarters he looked lost. It took me back to games 3 and 4 last year. He couldn't feel the pass rush, couldn't read the defense, was afraid to throw down the field, and just looked overwhelmed.

But the way he fought back in the late 3rd and through the 4th is encouraging. I expect growing pains from a guy in his second start. It's how he responds that tells the story.

The types of mistakes make a difference too. 2 of those INTs we're off the hands of a receiver. They were too high and I still put them on the QB, but the point is they weren't the kind of head scratching mistakes you can't correct. A guy who throws 3 TDs and runs for another is showing the upside on the field to make me believe he can be the guy.

Time will tell, and he certainly has a way to go to get where we need him to be, but I'm still on the bandwagon for now.

This is nearly verbatim what I wrote about him...so clearly you are correct :beer:

Page 19 seems like a good place to review:

75.5%, 437 yds, 4 TD, 3 INT, 103.9 Rating, 84 yds rush, 1 TD rush

So Tyrod has accounted for 5 TDs and 3 INTs, while completing 75% of his passes. He's on pace for roughly 3500 yards passing, and 700 yards rushing. 40 combined TDs, and 24 INTs.

And that's if we're to assume that he'll continue to get unlucky bounces on those tipped passes.

Correct. That is what I have been saying as well. Those bad stats for EJ had people yelling for him to be benched.

Right now EJ is in street clothes and TT has the reigns. Lets keep moving forward and see what happens.

Additionally - What more can we discuss when the team has a bad outing for 2 full QTRs. You give credit or you criticize. Yes, there were positives and there were negatives. IMO the negatives outweighed the positives.

That is true from this week IMO.

The point being the bad for EJ was 0 TDs and 4 picks. The bad for Tyrod was 4 TDs (3 passing) and 3 INTS. The Bills made mistakes and plays. The offense was moving. When EJ was bad (or pretty much any QB for the last decade) the team did not move the ball. There is a big, big difference there.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

The point being the bad for EJ was 0 TDs and 4 picks. The bad for Tyrod was 4 TDs (3 passing) and 3 INTS. The Bills made mistakes and plays. The offense was moving. When EJ was bad (or pretty much any QB for the last decade) the team did not move the ball. There is a big, big difference there.

He never had the line or collection of weapons TT has. Except for this preseason of course where he posted the highest QBR Edited by JTSP

I'll add to these comments and say that the respective "bads" from each were different types of "bad". EJ's bad was meltdown bad. Unable to get himself to throw to an obviously-open WR, or even create any type of offensive play type bad. With Taylor, he did a lot of the classic breakdown stuff: breaking the pocket too early, walking himself into edge pressure that shouldn't otherwise get to him, failing to identify open targets in the middle of the field, and carelessness with the ball. What he did continue to do was keep his eyes down the field and look to make plays. I really think he'd have come out of his mid-game funk earlier if Harvin makes that sideline catch at midfield in the 3rd (and he should have...I am really unhappy with his effort--or lack thereof--on that play, as the ball was very well-placed), as that play alone showed me that he could regain his composure and throw a perfect pass when he needs to.

He never had the line or collection of weapons TT has. Except for this preseason of course where he posted the highest QBR

Did you watch that Houston game last year? I am an EJ fan, and I will tell you for certain that there were wide open receivers all day that game, and he simply didn't trust himself to get them the ball (save for the throw to Mike Williams on the busted coverage--which was a nice play). And despite what some may tell you, he did have time to do so on many occasions that day.

I'll add to these comments and say that the respective "bads" from each were different types of "bad". EJ's bad was meltdown bad. Unable to get himself to throw to an obviously-open WR, or even create any type of offensive play type bad. With Taylor, he did a lot of the classic breakdown stuff: breaking the pocket too early, walking himself into edge pressure that shouldn't otherwise get to him, failing to identify open targets in the middle of the field, and carelessness with the ball. What he did continue to do was keep his eyes down the field and look to make plays. I really think he'd have come out of his mid-game funk earlier if Harvin makes that sideline catch at midfield in the 3rd (and he should have...I am really unhappy with his effort--or lack thereof--on that play, as the ball was very well-placed), as that play alone showed me that he could regain his composure and throw a perfect pass when he needs to.

Did you watch that Houston game last year? I am an EJ fan, and I will tell you for certain that there were wide open receivers all day that game, and he simply didn't trust himself to get them the ball (save for the throw to Mike Williams on the busted coverage--which was a nice play). And despite what some may tell you, he did have time to do so on many occasions that day.

Thank you Bandit. At the moment the Bills are 4th in the NFL in PPG as well. If I were to tell you that the Bills were going to average 4 TDs+ a game you would think that they would win the Super Bowl. The offense has made mistakes and looked bad at times but they have still done more than we would have thought they needed to.

Completely agree with this.

Also, 2 of the interceptions were in the 2 minute drill when TT is trying to make a play. The one that he missed to Clay was the most problematic because it put Brady and Co. on the Buffalo 30 and led to 7.

I, personally, am sick and tired of every stinking QB thread turning into an EJ thread. This one actually took several pages to get there, but, get there it did. If you want to talk about EJ then start or contribute to an EJ thread. Continuously running threads off the rails aint cool & it does violate the TOS on a couple levels.

Watching him closely, he did have a few high throws......the picks after Clay and Watkins got hands on the ball were, I guess, to hot to handle....so he needs to throw with a little more finess. Having said that.....he didn't make a lot of bad throws.....EJ threw a lot more bad throws in his starts the prioir two years.....I am in no way ready to go back to EJ at this point. TT has been a more accurate passer than EJ by far. I am concerned however, that he looks like Rob Johnson in there...for those of you who remember....holding the ball to long ...8 sacks is indicative of trying to hard to make plays....throw it away!!! and avoid the sack. So, TT's completion percentage is abnormally high in the sense the sacks were negative plays while passing. Anyhow, I am all for rolling with TT......

EJ (and I say this as a #3 jersey owner) isn't going to see the field in a bills uni unless Tyrod gets hurt and they look at Cassel and realize he's not the ticket either.

Tyrods three picks were mistakes that he can fix.

One was just a bad idea and a throw only Aaron Rodgers gets away with (late second quarter). One was high but catchable (clay) , the one Sammy jumped 50 feet in the air and tipped may have been for woods behind him.

He's clearly established himself already as a starting NFL QB (top 32), unless some d coordinator figured out some uncorrectable weakness we've yet to see. His numbers are solid.

last time on this as I don't want to continue this - Marone and can't Hacket v Rex and Roman - period end of discussion.

I am trying to talk the O performance and weakness of the Offense this past Sunday.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

I, personally, am sick and tired of every stinking QB thread turning into an EJ thread. This one actually took several pages to get there, but, get there it did. If you want to talk about EJ then start or contribute to an EJ thread. Continuously running threads off the rails aint cool & it does violate the TOS on a couple levels.

It's like this for the Redskins too. Every Kirk Cousins conversation becomes an RG3 discussion. Fortunately for us it seems almost [but not] all of our fans are pulling for Taylor. The same can't be said for Cousins.

I think you're EJ and you're trying to reverse psychology us into talking about you. It won't work!

Frankly, I think this was started as an EJ thread. Quote from the OP: "If your QB can't make up his mind and your OL can't protect you are out of the conversation." As if there is still a quarterback competition. (I suppose there is in some people's minds.) Three posts later, the bait had been taken, and the conversation had turned into TT vs EJ.

It only took one loss for this crap to emerge.

Edited by Rocky Landing

EJ (and I say this as a #3 jersey owner) isn't going to see the field in a bills uni unless Tyrod gets hurt and they look at Cassel and realize he's not the ticket either.

Tyrods three picks were mistakes that he can fix.

One was just a bad idea and a throw only Aaron Rodgers gets away with (late second quarter). One was high but catchable (clay) , the one Sammy jumped 50 feet in the air and tipped may have been for woods behind him.

He's clearly established himself already as a starting NFL QB (top 32), unless some d coordinator figured out some uncorrectable weakness we've yet to see. His numbers are solid.

I remember seeing a dude with a beard, ball cap turned backwards and a #2 pencil behind his ear figure Taylor out just two days ago.