Taylor Review

Thurmal34

John from Hemet...its today's nfl. We have a full 60 minutes from Sundays game and it's time to call it. Week one was a fluke. The Patriots are about as soft a defensive foe as you're going to see this year. They do mext to nothing week In and week out. If you can't see that you have some issues. We can accurately predict he will be sacked 122 more times and will throw 28 more picks.l this year alone.

It's time to move on Tyrod.

LOL

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I bit on the EJ sucks remark. I should know better.

Go Bills. Rally on TT.

enough already Kirby. It has been 2 whole games. One good, one fraught with struggles. Did I or did not say you can't pass "judgement" (more or less) after 2 games. Passing "judgement" after even the 1 was silly.

We're on to Miami.

I was just responding to this:

There seems to be that thought process going around.

First - the TT fans need to relax and ignore intended Trolls.

Secondly they should not assume all criticism is a blatant TT sucks remark.

No one is saying that the 4th quarter forgave everything. All anyone is saying is that you have to look at the entire game. There was some good (5 TDs on offense) and some bad (3 INTs). You can't just conveniently select the parts of the game that best fit your narrative. The Bills never scored 5 TDs when other QBs were "fraught with struggles."

As of today the Bills are 4th in the league in PPG and there is a 23+ page thread with people talking about the QB being a problem. The defense gave up 466 passing yards and 40 points (or whatever). If you are looking to point a finger the game plan is probably the proper place to start (specifically on the defensive side of the ball).

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 TD

1 PUNT

1 PUNT

1 INT - 9 yards passing after the 1st QTR

2 PUNT

2 PUNT

2 TD

2 INT- 38 yards passing 2 INT's after the 2nd QTR

3 PUNT

3 PUNT

3 TD- 59 yards passing after the 3rd QTR

4 TD

4 TD

4 INT- Taylor needs to work on those air balls that sail, overthrows.

That lack of offensive production for 3/4 of the game has to be a concern. What we don't know is that if the Patriots kept stacking the box, and kept the pressure on Taylor / the run game, is if they could have overcome that on their own.

NFL football is a game of emotion, and the Bills offense did get hot in the 4th to make a decent comeback. Lets hope the offense can carry that emotion to Miami, and squish those lousy fish!

Another poster commented on the final throw and interception, suggesting the throw was intended for Woods who was open 10 yards further downfield. I reviewed the highlights and think he was right and I am sure Woods would have made the catch. I have no issue with Sammy assuming it was for him and going up and after it, but I now believe it was a good throw to Woods and tipped by a freakish leap by Sammy.

FP

Another poster commented on the final throw and interception, suggesting the throw was intended for Woods who was open 10 yards further downfield. I reviewed the highlights and think he was right and I am sure Woods would have made the catch. I have no issue with Sammy assuming it was for him and going up and after it, but I now believe it was a good throw to Woods and tipped by a freakish leap by Sammy.

FP

A bunch of clips from the All-22 have basically confirmed that it was definitely intended for Sammy (which is what Taylor said in his post-game interview as well).

Gotta think that image stings when Tyrod sees it on tape. Unfortunate, but hopefully a learning experience that will stick out in his mind when the bullets are flying on Sunday!

I am actually very surprised he didn't diagnose this properly based on how wide open the pocket was. Can't let opportunities this easy slip by.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

No one is saying that the 4th quarter forgave everything. All anyone is saying is that you have to look at the entire game. There was some good (5 TDs on offense) and some bad (3 INTs). You can't just conveniently select the parts of the game that best fit your narrative. The Bills never scored 5 TDs when other QBs were "fraught with struggles."

As of today the Bills are 4th in the league in PPG and there is a 23+ page thread with people talking about the QB being a problem. The defense gave up 466 passing yards and 40 points (or whatever). If you are looking to point a finger the game plan is probably the proper place to start (specifically on the defensive side of the ball).

This is so true. Our defence had no answers for the Patriots attack. I think the reason the focus is so much on Tyrod is that we don't yet know what we have there. As for the defence, in spite of a poor outing, we expect them to bounce back and be strong this year.

A bunch of clips from the All-22 have basically confirmed that it was definitely intended for Sammy (which is what Taylor said in his post-game interview as well).

Thanks - I stand corrected.

I am actually very surprised he didn't diagnose this properly based on how wide open the pocket was. Can't let opportunities this easy slip by.

That was my initial thought too. But watch the end zone GIF. Jones drives Glenn to the middle, and I am guessing TT thought the left side would be open since the pocket was collapsing. As he made the move left, Jones changed direction.

I don't think the pocket would have been there if TT steps up because Jones would have continued to push Glenn backwards.

Well..maybe in his 3rd career start

No...He's a 5 year vet... Right? He should know everything just from game film and practicing. All those years of mental reps...

This guy likes TT...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/fantasy-roto-arcade/the-winning-entry-in-million-dollar-baller-in-week-2-165343166.html

Edited by ricojes

That was my initial thought too. But watch the end zone GIF. Jones drives Glenn to the middle, and I am guessing TT thought the left side would be open since the pocket was collapsing. As he made the move left, Jones changed direction.

I don't think the pocket would have been there if TT steps up because Jones would have continued to push Glenn backwards.

Looks to me as if this is exhibit A of what Rex talked about yesterday in his presser and on WGR in reference to Tyrod climbing the pocket when it's called for.

Looks to me as if this is exhibit A of what Rex talked about yesterday in his presser and on WGR in reference to Tyrod climbing the pocket when it's called for.

Yes that play immediately jumps out at first glance, but I wonder if he would still refer to that play after watching film.

I seriously don't know what you want to argue.

Great start followed by too many punts and turnovers followed up by a good 4th QRT until the last INT.

I ridiculed KO for having 5 three and outs in a single game. You think that same criticism should change much?

WRT the 466 passing yards -

You simple can not give the Cheaters a short field no matter who the QB is under center on ANY team.

IF the Bills sustained longer drives and not given up the short field maybe just maybe the 466 could have been 366 passing yards.

I seriously don't know what you want to argue.

Great start followed by too many punts and turnovers followed up by a good 4th QRT until the last INT.

I ridiculed KO for having 5 three and outs in a single game. You think that same criticism should change much?

WRT the 466 passing yards -

You simple can not give the Cheaters a short field no matter who the QB is under center on ANY team.

IF the Bills sustained longer drives and not given up the short field maybe just maybe the 466 could have been 366 passing yards.

You simply can't give Gronk and Edleman a free release. That is the foundation of their offense that has won 4 Super Bowls. Short, quick crosses and possession type passes. That was as bad a game plan as I have ever seen.

To you other point the Bills scored 5 TDS!!! When was the last time the offense was so inept and scored 5 touchdowns? The answer is never. There was some good and some bad.

It really just blows my mind because that 2 game stretch of QBing (despite some issues in game 2) was probably the best 2 game stretch since Bledsoe early (maybe that one Fitz stretch). We are 4th in the NFL in PPG (way ahead of the last number of years). Some people want to act like that is the reason for the loss but it may not be in the top 5 (defensive game plan, offensive game plan, penalties, pass defense and OL). You could argue with some but it certainly isn't in the top 3.

Our QB is on pace for like 40 TDs and 3,500 yards and has completed over 75% of his passes. What were reasonable expectations for his 1st 2 starts? I am pretty sure that 2 game stretch was the best a Bills QB (making his 1st 2 starts) has ever had. If being better than anyone that we have ever had in the same position isn't good enough, I don't know what to tell you or anyone else.

You simply can't give Gronk and Edleman a free release. That is the foundation of their offense that has won 4 Super Bowls. Short, quick crosses and possession type passes. That was as bad a game plan as I have ever seen.

To you other point the Bills scored 5 TDS!!! When was the last time the offense was so inept and scored 5 touchdowns? The answer is never. There was some good and some bad.

It really just blows my mind because that 2 game stretch of QBing (despite some issues in game 2) was probably the best 2 game stretch since Bledsoe early (maybe that one Fitz stretch). We are 4th in the NFL in PPG (way ahead of the last number of years). Some people want to act like that is the reason for the loss but it may not be in the top 5 (defensive game plan, offensive game plan, penalties, pass defense and OL). You could argue with some but it certainly isn't in the top 3.

Our QB is on pace for like 40 TDs and 3,500 yards and has completed over 75% of his passes. What were reasonable expectations for his 1st 2 starts? I am pretty sure that 2 game stretch was the best a Bills QB (making his 1st 2 starts) has ever had. If being better than anyone that we have ever had in the same position isn't good enough, I don't know what to tell you or anyone else.

Fine but let's not talk about what we're on pace for. BB has put out tape for the rest of the league to use against Tyrod, as many of us knew he would. The next few games will be very telling. If Tyrod is a slow learner or has hit his ceiling, we're in for some rough offensive displays starting in Miami this Sunday. If on the otherhand we have a true QB on our hands, things about to be interesting.

A 2 game stretch Kirby. What can you truly say about 2 freaking games? Not all that much as fact. On pace means pace. It does not mean it will happen. If it does GREAT.

look back over the years - Scoring is always up in September

The Steelers put up 21 v the Putz, and 43 against the 49ers.

2 days ago Arizona put up 48 t oChicago's 23 and Oakland put up 37 to Baltimores 33

Yes, it is good the Bills put up 32 and 27 points ..... lets not get carried away.

how do you think the 0-2 teams feel putting up points and have ZERO wins??

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever