Taylor Review

Thurmal34

Not sure if this was posted elsewhere, if so please delete.

Our starting QB sucked today. He was slow to get the ball out, he was poor with his decision making, and he was unable to decide what to do quickly.

Major fail from Taylor and the OL. Glenn got soundly beaten by Jones. If your QB can't make up his mind and your OL can't protect you are out of the conversation. We deserve any ridicule we get. IdiotS.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TT is not a starting caliber QB. He may grow into it but he has A LOT of growing to do for it to happen.

Let me be the first to publicly express my displeasure with the fact that EJ didn't dress again. I fervently believe EJ wouldn't have thrown as many bad balls, as many picks and he would have been able to see over the line and push the ball down field in a more aggressive fashion.

All we got was Capt. Checkdown the sequel for vast swaths of this game coupled with an inability to climb the pocket.

Will we beat teams with TT, probably. I'm just not sure he can grow enough by the end of this season to make it worth it.

TT is not a starting caliber QB. He may grow into it but he has A LOT of growing to do for it to happen.

Let me be the first to publicly express my displeasure with the fact that EJ didn't dress again. I fervently believe EJ wouldn't have thrown as many bad balls, as many picks and he would have been able to see over the line and push the ball down field in a more aggressive fashion.

All we got was Capt. Checkdown the sequel for vast swaths of this game coupled with an inability to climb the pocket.

Will we beat teams with TT, probably. I'm just not sure he can grow enough by the end of this season to make it worth it.

Give it up

After the first drive, TT was awful, but so was the offensive play calling. The only guy that showed up on offense today was LeShady. But full marks to Tyrod for not quitting in the 4th quarter and bringing the Bills back. Not too down on Tyrod, the Hoodie undressed him a bit today. I blame Roman more, he should have had an offensive answer once TT started getting abused in there.

Edited by Freddie's Dead

Our starting QB sucked today. He was slow to get the ball out, he was poor with his decision making, and he was unable to decide what to do quickly.

Major fail from Taylor and the OL. Glenn got soundly beaten by Jones. If your QB can't make up his mind and your OL can't protect you are out of the conversation. We deserve any ridicule we get. IdiotS.

I'm happy with Taylor. Not happy with McCoy, Watkins and the offensive line.

Hopefully Doug Whaley is smarter than the knee-jerk brigade. Personally I'm sold on Taylor. So he had a tough day against the goodies, like that never happens. He can make plays.

I'm still sold on Taylor too.

John - I love your posts and your takes as a rational poster. What plays/drives, in your opinion, before the Pats were up 33-13, did Taylor execute well?

Specifically, I'm looking for drives/plays in Q1, 2, and 3 where he executed and put his team in position to win or compete.

Unfortunately - I think we saw the real Tyrod today. He was nothing at VaTech. Did nothing at Baltimore and did nothing today. I hope I am wrong- but I think Tyrod played over his head in limited action in pre season and against the Colts last week. He looked like a third string QB when it counted for mos of the game today. Maybe we can blame it on the coaching and game plan but if was bad today. Let's see what happens next week in Miami.

No our offensive line sucks

Ahh. I see the EJ apologists are coming out of the wood work.

Hopefully Doug Whaley is smarter than the knee-jerk brigade. Personally I'm sold on Taylor. So he had a tough day against the Hoodia? Like that never happens. He can make plays.

Why Promo? What sold you?

I'm not saying replace him, but he held the ball WAY to long and was sacked eight, nine times? Is that what we are accepting these days?

He looked confused at times and made some poor decisions, but he did way more good than bad. Not a surprise for a QB with limited experience playing against Belichick.

He made some excellent throws late in the game to keep us in it. If our D makes a stop with 3 minutes to go, we have a chance to win the game. Can't ask for more from the kid.

After the first drive, TT was awful, but so was the offensive play calling. The only guy that showed up on offense today was LeShady. But full marks to Tyrod for not quitting in the 4th quarter and bringing the Bills back. If Rex hadn't lost faith in Carp and started chasing the points, all we would have needed was a FG to tie. That may have changed the end of the game. Not too down on Tyrod, the Hoodie undressed him a bit today. I blame Roman more, he should have had an offensive answer once TT started getting abused in there.

I agree the play calling sucked at times. clearly but I don't believe our receivers were that covered calling for dump off after dump off. He was in there trying to play from the pocket which he clearly is uncomfortable doing. And , if he keeps the chains moving the Pats don't put us that deep in a hole. One hand washes the other. The Pats are a better team.

Edited by Buffalo Boy