Scott Chandler will see Bills from other side

YoloinOhio

Chandler has always been the ideal #2 TE. He belongs lined up with the Greg Olsens and Scott Chandlers of the world. Carolina is where I wanted him to go, they'd have been much improved this season, especially with Benjamin going down.

Now that he is in New England, I can only wish him the best 14 games a year.

I feel bad for Scott as he goes from losing to the Pats all the time to losing to the Bills all the time.

Also how could he not been useful to us, he is better than any backup we have and I haven't been overly impressed with Clay either.

Chandler stinks, he is so incredibly limited. I can't believe that people miss him? He was the poster boy for the last 15 years. He was a mediocre (at best) TE that couldn't block. For some reason the Bills never made an effort to upgrade from him. They let him test the market 2 years ago and he didn't even get a visit. He signed a FA deal this year for less money than Lee Smith is making and we act like he is the missing piece. He has pretty good hands, plays smaller than his frame, creates no separation and can't block. The more that he got the ball last year the worse off the Bills were.

He's a nice guy and was good in the community. As a football player he just isn't good. Please do not go to "he was the best TE that we have had since Riemersma" either. That list includes: Royal, Fine, Euhus, Nelson, Everett, Campbell, Schouman, Stupar, Gaines, Moore, Dickerson, Neufeld, Cieslak and my favorite Lee Smith. Just because they all were horrible doesn't make Chandler good.

Scott, it's OK to fumble now.

LOL !

Chandler stinks, he is so incredibly limited. I can't believe that people miss him? He was the poster boy for the last 15 years. He was a mediocre (at best) TE that couldn't block. For some reason the Bills never made an effort to upgrade from him. They let him test the market 2 years ago and he didn't even get a visit. He signed a FA deal this year for less money than Lee Smith is making and we act like he is the missing piece. He has pretty good hands, plays smaller than his frame, creates no separation and can't block. The more that he got the ball last year the worse off the Bills were.

He's a nice guy and was good in the community. As a football player he just isn't good. Please do not go to "he was the best TE that we have had since Riemersma" either. That list includes: Royal, Fine, Euhus, Nelson, Everett, Campbell, Schouman, Stupar, Gaines, Moore, Dickerson, Neufeld, Cieslak and my favorite Lee Smith. Just because they all were horrible doesn't make Chandler good.

Perspective is a funny thing isnt it Kirby ?

LOL !

Perspective is a funny thing isnt it Kirby ?

It really is. Part of the reason that people defend him is because look at who they are comparing him to. His production was linked to his opportunity. Chandler is in a good place now and is a decent fit as a 2nd TE. The Bills have significantly upgraded the TE position with Clay.

It really is. Part of the reason that people defend him is because look at who they are comparing him to. His production was linked to his opportunity. Chandler is in a good place now and is a decent fit as a 2nd TE. The Bills have significantly upgraded the TE position with Clay.

I might guess the Bills know how to use the TE position a bit better under Roman ?

and that we have not yet seen how well opportunities will be created by them. whether by blocking ( Mulligan ) or getting open and or making plays after the catch

( Clay )

I might guess the Bills know how to use the TE position a bit better under Roman ?

and that we have not yet seen how well opportunities will be created by them. whether by blocking ( Mulligan ) or getting open and or making plays after the catch

( Clay )

I think that is a part of it. I've said it before and it may sound ridiculous but Clay MAY be the most talented TE that we have ever had. He's good (top 10ish in the league) but that is crazy to think about. The guy that may be the 10th (or so) best TE in the NFL in 2015 could be the best in franchise history.

The Bills TEs over the last 20 years are the equivalent of the Browns' QBs.

I think that is a part of it. I've said it before and it may sound ridiculous but Clay MAY be the most talented TE that we have ever had. He's good (top 10ish in the league) but that is crazy to think about. The guy that may be the 10th (or so) best TE in the NFL in 2015 could be the best in franchise history.

The Bills TEs over the last 20 years are the equivalent of the Browns' QBs.

I noticed someone discounting Clay upstream or maybe another thread here.

Because i had no idea of him, i started watching some of his highlights and more.

yes he is all that. If he does not get the ball like Watkins last week. Dont worry. he will be making a huge play soon enough. and he is a consistent Pro with upside!!

laughed at the compare to the Browns qbs. a bit harsh but....