Leodis Update: Activated to the 53 - CB or Safety?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

McKelvins not the smartest guy in the world. Will be interesting to see how he picks up Rex's system if they do put him at safety.

I think it's smarts and instincts moreso than athleticism that have allowed Graham and AW to seemingly always be in the right place in this D, and to shine. I'm whole heartedly for the move though. I could see McKelvin as a safety being not quite as good as our two starters but still a significant upgrade over the likes of Rambo/Duke. His athleticism will help him try to recover from any growing pain errors that may come early on. Edited by Aaron

I think McK would be a better extra CB when facing multiple WR sets than as a safety. Maybe return to returning kicks since he would on field as CB less often. Yes some would say it is not best use of money to have him as third or fouth CB but they hit jackpot with a CB drafted.

To my memory Leodis has not shied away from contact. If that's the move he'll be fine.

This. Mckelvin blasts guys when he has a good angle

I think McK would be a better extra CB when facing multiple WR sets than as a safety. Maybe return to returning kicks since he would on field as CB less often. Yes some would say it is not best use of money to have him as third or fouth CB but they hit jackpot with a CB drafted.

4th CB ? Rather get one of the bum safeties off the field.

Because his speech isn't up to snuff in your opinion? There's no evidence that I'm aware of that would allow me to make such a statement.

Could be his inability to not understand instructions of when to go down on kick and punt returns.

Because his speech isn't up to snuff in your opinion? There's no evidence that I'm aware of that would allow me to make such a statement.

He got a 13 on the wonderlic.

And he answered 34 questions so that takes some doing to only get 13 correct.

Lead his class in wrong answers though so perhaps he deserves extra points for leadership?

Took the guy 6 years to learn how to translate top 10 physical talent into competent CB play.

Opens mouth and inserts foot a lot.

I root for the guy and glad they've stuck with him but he's purdy dumb.

He got a 13 on the wonderlic.

And he answered 34 questions so that takes some doing to only get 13 correct.

Lead his class in wrong answers though so perhaps he deserves extra points for leadership?

Took the guy 6 years to learn how to translate top 10 physical talent into competent CB play.

Opens mouth and inserts foot a lot.

I root for the guy and glad they've stuck with him but he's purdy dumb.

Wonderlic isn't the be all end all & I think his play has steadily improved. His speech is not good and people put too much into that & they have from day 1.

Wonderlic isn't the be all end all & I think his play has steadily improved. His speech is not good and people put too much into that & they have from day 1.

First of all, it's an intelligence exam. Be all or not when you are one of the very worst in your class it generally means what it says it means.

I don't care about his speech. I don't watch interviews so really couldn't even tell you what he sounds like. His propensity for bonehead plays on the field has spoken volumes for years.

And no, he has not "steadily" improved. He was pretty much intermittently bad/terrible/bad for the all but the last half season of his rookie contract and then he found a coach who could get thru to him and turned from a liability in nickel coverage to a good boundary corner almost overnight.

He has all-pro physical traits......so good wasn't really his ceiling.....but I think it's more than fair to wonder if he is sharp enough to play the mentally demanding safety position in RR's D.