Leodis Update: Activated to the 53 - CB or Safety?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I seem to be one of the few people who would be perfectly happy if Leodis never played for the Bills again.

He's done more bad than he's ever done good, and then when he does something well...he's struttin' like all he does is lower the boom.

Pass.

Leodis seems to come up big in the wrong way too often. I don't believe I have ever forgiven him for dropping that punt against the Cowgirls on MNF years ago.

sorry....

Its called cap management. Still a lot of season left. We should all hope Darby continues. Bills cant afford a $12 million CB.

In discussing cap management, the elephant in the room is Mario's contract. He is a very good player but is he worth the gigabucks? My guess is they restructure his contract to free up cap space next year.

Okay. I'd bet anything that NFL personnel professionals would not agree with you.

I said that he is good - not knocking him.

In discussing cap management, the elephant in the room is Mario's contract. He is a very good player but is he worth the gigabucks? My guess is they restructure his contract to free up cap space next year.

I said that he is good - not knocking him.

They at some point have to address Mario's contract with its cap number being so exorbitant

Gilmore is very good, but is still emerging IMO..

Leodis seems to come up big in the wrong way too often. I don't believe I have ever forgiven him for dropping that punt against the Cowgirls on MNF years ago.

sorry....

I understand your perspective for sure. and you are not the only one.

Being a big fan of leodis under Donnie it will be hard for me to see him gone likely next year if Butler is worth a darn. its business.

dont like it , but it is fact.

Come back and beat that ass Leo my man. Make it as difficult as possible for Whaley and Co.

!!

I actually think it swings the other way. This board undervalues how good Gilmore actually is / has been playing.

I think people focus too much on the corner position and not enough on the position that is really letting us down here and there

Safety

The injuries we are taking at Safety and while Rambo hits like a truck his coverage is really getting exposed. I am waiting to see if the safety coverage picks up this week with Aaron WIlliams back in the lineup

I think people focus too much on the corner position and not enough on the position that is really letting us down here and there

Safety

The injuries we are taking at Safety and while Rambo hits like a truck his coverage is really getting exposed. I am waiting to see if the safety coverage picks up this week with Aaron WIlliams back in the lineup

An excellent point as well. Not having AW in has hurt the defense more than most realize. Hopefully he'll make a big difference tomorrow being back out there.

Its called cap management. Still a lot of season left. We should all hope Darby continues. Bills cant afford a $12 million CB.

I have never been a fan of re-signing high priced CB's.

I feel like CB is the one position where the FA price is over-inflated, and you can get a good CB in the first two rounds that can step in immediately and play with a small learning curve. Darby is a great example of that, though he has far exceeded expectations.

I would let Gilmore walk when he is a FA and draft a CB in the first round maybe the year before he becomes a FA to try to replace him.

Safety

True, Graham and AW are our only reliable safeties.

Safety

Williams has become a very good safety, as much as he drove me nuts at corner. He has very good recognition and nice angles. Does better playing the play instead of the player?

Graham has just switched over, and already had a freaky injury ( for me anyways)

Starting safeties should be fine.

Duke has been a big letdown and Rambo is still young. we dont know about J.Meeks.

so depth is a concern. But i think with Aaron and Corey Bills are very strong running the starters

I feel like CB is the one position where the FA price is over-inflated, and you can get a good CB in the first two rounds that can step in immediately and play with a small learning curve. Darby is a great example of that, though he has far exceeded expectations.

I would let Gilmore walk when he is a FA and draft a CB in the first round maybe the year before he becomes a FA to try to replace him.

I don't believe Darby is the typical rookie CB.

Think there's a difference between signing high-priced FA CBs, but extending a homegrown talent is fine, provided they don't leave you for more $.

An excellent point as well. Not having AW in has hurt the defense more than most realize. Hopefully he'll make a big difference tomorrow being back out there.

Hope he is back to speed. He is an asset

IMO

I don't believe Darby is the typical rookie CB.

thats for sure!

I think its still the 3 year program and when you put them in too soon the team will suffer to some degree.

Ronald is an anomaly. and a fantastic anomaly indeed!

Think there's a difference between signing high-priced FA CBs, but extending a homegrown talent is fine, provided they don't leave you for more $.

Gilmore should be an interesting litmus under whaley. Stephon is still improving btw.

I agree that that is typically a difference. But in terms of just straight up dollars, why spend so much money on keeping a top-tier CB if I have a very good chance to replace him with a rookie at a fraction of the price?

If you look at the CB's that have been drafted in the first round too, it is a position that has much less bust potential than other positions. I would rather take Gilmore's money and invest in at the QB, D-line, and LB positions. Regardless, I don't think they can pay him and Darby to second deals, so maybe they take a run at him, and if he doesn't re-up, they look to extend Darby in a few years.