Leodis Update: Activated to the 53 - CB or Safety?

26CornerBlitz

@john_wawrow

#Bills CB McKelvin quickly climbing up chart of favorite interviews. Q: How long ago team broach idea of him moving to safety? A: "Fresh."

What followed from #Bills CB McKelvin was a playful account of how excited he is to finally be ready to return to the field.

Best part of interview was how #Bills CB McKelvin didn't care that cameras were rolling. There were several "bleep-worthy" moments.

On open to making switch to safety, #Bills McKelvin: "You don't want me sitting on the sideline. (Bleep), I can make plays."

More #Bills McKelvin, when it's pointed out that he sounds fired up. Leodis: "Sure, right. I haven't played in a (bleeping) year. (Bleep)."

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't mean to offend anyone, but I thought it was pretty obvious the guy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Maybe he plays great at safety but considering he scored a 13 on the wonderlic and all the mental !@#$ ups we've already seen on defense I'm not confident.

I didn't say he was a bad football player. He was great in 2013 and first half of 2014. Just saying he's not going to be teaching quantum physics when he retires.

Not many people in the general population of the US will or could.

First of all, it's an intelligence exam. Be all or not when you are one of the very worst in your class it generally means what it says it means.

I don't care about his speech. I don't watch interviews so really couldn't even tell you what he sounds like. His propensity for bonehead plays on the field has spoken volumes for years.

And no, he has not "steadily" improved. He was pretty much intermittently bad/terrible/bad for the all but the last half season of his rookie contract and then he found a coach who could get thru to him and turned from a liability in nickel coverage to a good boundary corner almost overnight.

He has all-pro physical traits......so good wasn't really his ceiling.....but I think it's more than fair to wonder if he is sharp enough to play the mentally demanding safety position in RR's D.

disagree

No ****.

Alright I'll say it. The guys stupid. Is that clear enough? Lol.

thats not cool. on any level.

how about your stupid?

btw the way i wonder what your metrics are in regard to intelligence, and how you of all people can describe another as " stupid " , and no i dont lol at that crap/ you a mensa member? regional director perhaps?

and you used the wrong punctuation for guys. so maybe you should stfu.

I like McKelvin, he just adds that little something to the defense.

Once Hendy got a hold of him he turned his game around.

I agree he is a natural athlete and comes off a bit goofy and funny.

Can he play safety under Rexa complicated defense? heck it seems challenging for the supposedly cerebral Graham : )

Much less Duke ( who is coming around ).

as Leo mentioned, Rex plays a safety as man coverage often. and thats where he has found his home.

If indeed Rex and Thurman need to simplify the play for dumb ole Leodis then just do it. his natural talent is pretty darned good. been looking forward to his return actually. just don't get him injured doing returns already please!!

Edited by 3rdand12

Didn't mean to offend anyone, but I thought it was pretty obvious the guy isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.

Maybe he plays great at safety but considering he scored a 13 on the wonderlic and all the mental !@#$ ups we've already seen on defense I'm not confident.

I didn't say he was a bad football player. He was great in 2013 and first half of 2014. Just saying he's not going to be teaching quantum physics when he retires.

There have been alot of successful NFL players, including Jim Kelly and Dan Marino, who scored no better than that. The only thing stupid should be used to describe, is the Wonderlic itself.

There have been alot of successful NFL players, including Jim Kelly and Dan Marino, who scored no better than that. The only thing stupid should be used to describe, is the Wonderlic itself.

truly an antiquated measuring device that should be removed. to much quantifying by fans.

football intelligence can be nearly overcome by natural ball skills with good coaching. excepting QBs. who are a something altogether different animal

I remember thinking Leo brought the fire and Gilmore brought the ice. Glad to have him back in the fold. He's hungry. Time to finally beat that Dolphin azz. Funny that he got hurt vs Dolphins in November last year, and that is where he makes his return this year.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Heard an interview tonight with Leodis my man on Murph's show. Say what you want about Boomhauer, but he can't wait to get back on the field, and I can't wait to see him. When healthy, he is one of the best athletes we have, and there are few kick returners better than Leodis in the NFL. Go Leodis!

I remember thinking Leo brought the fire and Gilmore brought the ice. Glad to have him back in the fold. He's hungry. Time to finally beat that Dolphin azz. Funny that he got hurt vs Dolphins in November last year, and that is where he makes his return this year.

If we've learned one thing about this defense.......beware when they get fired up. That's when they get undisciplined and get their assses handed to them.

Leodis getting his ankle snapped in that Dolphins game after talking mad sh*t all week was positively Rex-like.

McKelvin: no substitute for game shape

Posted by Chris Brown

He’s been rehabbing for the better part of a calendar year from a broken fibula near his ankle suffered in Week 11 last season. Now that he’s ready to return to the active roster this week, Leodis McKelvin figures to see action as a punt returner and possibly in the secondary. As hard as McKelvin has worked with his rehab regimen and in practice the past couple of weeks the veteran defensive back knows there is no substitute for game shape.

“You’ve just got to go out there and just play hard and get yourself ready and run to every ball to get yourself mentally prepared to go,” McKelvin told Buffalobills.com. “When the game gets here you know you’re going to have a lot of adrenaline going on and you have to keep yourself composed and keep yourself ready and it comes from the gut. When you feel tired, tell your mind to tell yourself to keep going and that’s pretty much what you have to do.”

Chill out bro.

Maybe stupid was the wrong term. He's not bright and that's ok. I'm not the smartest guy either. How's that? Is that better?

you dont have to please me.

But thank you, ScottLaw. I being a resident idiot get sensitive about these things

: )

He was born to play press man in the slot. Robey needs to make way for Leodis. Leodis from the slot is also in an ideal spot to blitz from when pressing also. Putting him at safety is a complete waste of his skills as they currently are. Press man is his game. Playing off and playing zone, not so much.

Edited by RealityCheck

He was born to play press man in the slot. Robey needs to make way for Leodis. Leodis from the slot is also in an ideal spot to blitz from when pressing also. Putting him at safety is a complete waste of his skills as they currently are. Press man is his game. Playing off and playing zone, not so much.

Agree. I don't see him as an effective safety.

I still think he will probably be an upgrade at safety to Duke and Rambo.