Crowd noise this Sunday? Guinness in the House!

Chandler#81

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I make enough noise at home. You may hear me at the stadium a thousand miles away. When the kids were young my wife would take them for three hours walks with the two dogs. Friends and neighbors were very accommodating, bless them all! But I sure do miss the stadium experience! GO BILLS!!!

I've been to Arrowhead a few times, and I'll say it was fricking loud,

Curious - was the stadium itself more closed in? Imagine the stadium design has a lot to do with it in a lot of places - the Ralph is so open

Curious - was the stadium itself more closed in? Imagine the stadium design has a lot to do with it in a lot of places - the Ralph is so open

Good point.

The world record used to be held here in Seattle by Seahawk fans. But CenturyLink Stadium was built to be loud by using parabolic canopies that reflect sound back to the field.

And as an article in Time points out:

"These physics also change behavior. “Fans get caught up in it,” says Stewart. “They experience an intense increase in the sound levels that they would not normally experience in an outdoor environment, and are energized by it.” As a result, they scream even louder."

The Ralph was not built with similar acoustics. Which will make breaking the record even more impressive.

http://keepingscore.blogs.time.com/2013/09/17/the-science-of-sound-how-seattle-got-so-darn-loud/

Most people seem to forget something - The P*tri*ts fans travel well and Bills season ticket holders sell tickets well. Most of the tickets scalped for the Colts game went to Bills fans but the same thing will not happen for this game. When fans are willing to pay almost as much for one game as a local pays for season ticket the decision to sell becomes much less difficult. And it is very easy for the season ticket holders to buy extra tickets when first available and sell them now for profit. I know a number of season ticket holders who pay for their tickets this way.

The game will not be as loud because not as many Bills fans will not be in the stands.

Most people seem to forget something - The P*tri*ts fans travel well and Bills season ticket holders sell tickets well. Most of the tickets scalped for the Colts game went to Bills fans but the same thing will not happen for this game. When fans are willing to pay almost as much for one game as a local pays for season ticket the decision to sell becomes much less difficult. And it is very easy for the season ticket holders to buy extra tickets when first available and sell them now for profit. I know a number of season ticket holders who pay for their tickets this way.

The game will not be as loud because not as many Bills fans will not be in the stands.

I'm detecting one too many nots in this sentence.