Mario Butler

Anyone else surprised to see Butler out there so much yesterday. Everything I saw from him was solid too. I noticed 2 very nice pass break-ups including the one that was intercepted by AW. Rex loves the kid. What do folks think his future is with the team? Does he have the best skill set to play on the outside? In the slot? Safety?

I'm not trying to anoint him the next Revis, but he certainly left an impression. Thoughts?

Anyone else surprised to see Butler out there so much yesterday. Everything I saw from him was solid too. I noticed 2 very nice pass break-ups including the one that was intercepted by AW. Rex loves the kid. What do folks think his future is with the team? Does he have the best skill set to play on the outside? In the slot? Safety?

I'm not trying to anoint him the next Revis, but he certainly left an impression. Thoughts?

solid cb depth. It's a beautiful thing.

If him or Darby step up, and McLovin' comes back and plays as well as he did two years ago within the Pettine scheme, then I can see the Bills letting Gilmore leave in free agency. If that means we can keep other key free agents and still have a solid CB core, I'm actually okay with that.

I like Butler quite a bit. He was very clearly the better option than Ron Brooks yesterday.

I think he'll have a home here as long as the numbers game can be sorted out when McKelvin returns, after which I think he'll be a great option as the team's #4 corner next season if/when McKelvin is released for cap reasons.

Yes, he made some very nice plays on the ball.

If him or Darby step up, and McLovin' comes back and plays as well as he did two years ago within the Pettine scheme, then I can see the Bills letting Gilmore leave in free agency. If that means we can keep other key free agents and still have a solid CB core, I'm actually okay with that.

I think this would be a horrible, horrible decision. Gilmore is a top-notch NFL CB, and those don't come along very often.

No offense intended by that comment.

Butler had a really nice camp also....dude is a nice addition to our CB depth. Leodis better start growing dreads if he wants to fit in. I call our CB group....Ron Darby and the Whalers! 19-0!

Edited by Stl Bills

No.

Just no.

I suspect most will disagree with that, including mostly importantly Rex. Man loves his top-notch corners, so I suspect he's near the top of Whaley's list of resignings.

Put down the skunky beer, and back away slowly.

I've been thinking about this. I'm pumped to get him back, but what kind of shape is he going to be in? How long after he comes back before he gets into "football shape"? I mean, when's the last time he was able to run?

He'll need time to get in game shape no question. The beauty of Darby playing so well and the rest of the depth in the secondary is they don't have to rush him back. They can work him back into game shape if they need to.

Wait until Leodis gets healthy too

i'm skeptical he will ever be back and be a healthy contributor. even if he comes back it will take a long time to get up to game speed. i think we are seeing what Darby can do and Butler adds good depth. if they can get anything for McLovin' in a trade then i think now is the time

i'm skeptical he will ever be back and be a healthy contributor. even if he comes back it will take a long time to get up to game speed. i think we are seeing what Darby can do and Butler adds good depth. if they can get anything for McLovin' in a trade then i think now is the time

His trade value is low until he gets back on the field and shows he's healthy. That's the rub.

I don't know about this. I'd honestly see them prioritizing Gilmore over anyone left they have to sign. Whaley can find another Bradham, Gilmore is actually very good, and his value is discounted due to lack of picks. Yesterday wasn't the first one I've seen bounce off of his chest.

His trade value is low until he gets back on the field and shows he's healthy. That's the rub.

you would think so but we got McCoy for an injured Kiko. you never know

it would be like buying a car that you know needs a little work but you got a good deal on it. you know if it was working right it would cost more and there would be a lot more people interested so sometimes you take that chance

you would think so but we got McCoy for an injured Kiko. you never know

it would be like buying a car that you know needs a little work but you got a good deal on it. you know if it was working right it would cost more and there would be a lot more people interested so sometimes you take that chance

That was mainly (I believe) because Chip Kelly knew Kiko well from Oregon and they had a full off season to get him up to speed with their scheme/team. Trading in season for a guy who hasn't seen the field since last year is a much riskier proposition. I would think his trade value would be severely deflated until he gets back onto the field.

I could be wrong though.