Concerns on Clay's knee?

Reed83HOF

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 21m21 minutes ago

Bills TE Charles Clay battling knee injuries, not new. Had knee drained at least 6 times last season in MIA. Dr.'s concerned about longevity

Jay Skurski @JaySkurski 2m2 minutes ago

BN Blitz: Report: Concerns rise over #Bills TE Charles Clay's knee http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/09/13/report-concerns-rise-over-charles-clays-knee/

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is a 6x knee drain a lot for a professional football player?

Some context would be nice.

Seems extreme but I'm always shocked when I hear what's normal for being "nfl healthy"

Saw that... Miami seemed to be ok with it enough to transition tag him

Tags way different than a long term deal though.

Lets keep in mind that he was having Knee problems LAST year.........and playing

Players do overcome this

The report was talking about his longevity. Said something to the effect that some people with the Phins didn't think his career would last much more than 2 more seasons due to his knee. Report went on to mention the Bills gave him $24 million in guaranteed money.

Let's hope those concerns end up being unfounded...

The report was talking about his longevity. Said something to the effect that some people with the Phins didn't think his career would last much more than 2 more seasons due to his knee. Report went on to mention the Bills gave him $24 million in guaranteed money.

Let's hope those concerns end up being unfounded...

Hopefully it is the same people who said pass on Brees...

And part of the reason perhaps being long term concerns?

wasnt mentioned at the time, but seemed more like his agent knew he could get more money elsewhere so he didn't sign there. They certainly were trying to sign him long term until the last minute. I would think the TE they did sign has more issues with concussion, shoulder, etc.

wasnt mentioned at the time, but seemed more like his agent knew he could get more money elsewhere so he didn't sign there. They certainly were trying to sign him long term until the last minute. I would think the TE they did sign has more issues with concussion, shoulder, etc.

They signed Cameron to a two year deal. Not really a risk.