Roadhouse to be remade:

Deranged Rhino

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: One day when I no longer need a job I'll share some of the funnier pitch meetings I've had with network and studio heads in town. Some of the stuff I've heard is priceless. A lot of otherwise really bright people saying some really crazy things like, "We love everything about this idea, the setting, the characters, the title. (cut to five minutes later in the same meeting) ...Now all we need to do is change the setting, the characters and the title and we'll really have something."

:lol: Goes in to meeting with Gone Baby Gone, comes out with Transformers like...

200w_d.gif

Saw the thread title and thought: Oh, sure, but with an all black or all Hispanic cast. Wasn't too far off.

This immediately made me think of Death at a Funeral.

:lol: One day when I no longer need a job I'll share some of the funnier pitch meetings I've had with network and studio heads in town. Some of the stuff I've heard is priceless. A lot of otherwise really bright people saying some really crazy things like, "We love everything about this idea, the setting, the characters, the title. (cut to five minutes later in the same meeting) ...Now all we need to do is change the setting, the characters and the title and we'll really have something."

"Physics can't explain turbulence" still kills me. :lol:

The more I hear about your industry, the more I think Get Shorty was a documentary.

This is so !@#$ing ridiculous. Ruining the memory of good movies like this and Ghostbusters with SJW dribble.

SJW?

"Physics can't explain turbulence" still kills me. :lol:

The more I hear about your industry, the more I think Get Shorty was a documentary.

The physics one is in the top three for sure. Especially the confirmation he got in the room from everyone else who were nodding along like, "Oh, yes, of course it can't."

My other favorite happened with something that wasn't mine. I was in a notes meeting (not as the writer, as a peon) on another script with the writer and a few executives. We're going through the script page by page and one of the execs stops to give a note about a particular line of action description that had something to do with "a house that would be at home in the Great Gatsby." Now, this is the kind of line that doesn't appear on screen, it's just a stage direction -- but this one executive got hung up on it because, and I quote, "I don't think we need a Stephen King reference in this script, it muddles the tone".

Trying to keep a straight face during the next few minutes might have been the most daunting professional challenge of my life.

And you're not too far off on Get Shorty. The ladyfriend and I just watched it over the weekend (she had never seen it and is herself working on a TV show right now that is being run by executives who are making her life hell) and she made me rewind this scene twice because she was convinced this is how the execs on her show talk about the writers. :lol:

(edited the clip since the last one loses sound)

Edited by GreggyT

whoa whoa whoa, stop the clock, not the biggest swayze fan, but that movie absolutely oozed masculinity...that was a bad ass movie, and then Sam Elliot took into the stratosphere of masculinity

easy Pooj, I wasn't hating on Swayze (RIP). Think of it from the other angle. He was masculine, and she is even more masculine. I do not get why anyone even finds her remotely attractive. Different strokes, I guess (pun intended).

I was working at Maple Drive in the early 90's and Rob Reiner used to come in al the time because Castle Rock's offices were upstairs. I was at the bar after lunch getting a drink and he's there talking to someone, hell yelling, "it's a !@#$ing Lucy show!! I can't !@#$ing believe it. They were pitching me a !@#$ing Lucy show!" What a maroon. I spent many years working in some Hollywood hotbed restaurants. I have a ton of stories too.

She's a great athlete and a beautiful woman.

But no actress.

It's going to be no better than that inevitable Predator/Commando/True Lies tour de force with the Rock where all the cool guys will be replaced with less cool guys from professional wrestling. Carl Weathers? Oh, you get Dave Bautista now. Ventura? Please. We have Jon Cena for you.

You know who's to blame for all this? Roddy Piper. Awesome in They Live, he gave Hollywood ideas...

Edited by dpberr

But no actress.

It's going to be no better than that inevitable Predator/Commando/True Lies tour de force with the Rock where all the cool guys will be replaced with less cool guys from professional wrestling. Carl Weathers? Oh, you get Dave Bautista now. Ventura? Please. We have Jon Cena for you.

You know who's to blame for all this? Roddy Piper. Awesome in They Live, he gave Hollywood ideas...

It goes back way before then. Try OJ in "The Towering Inferno." And that's just off the top of my head. There are probably even older ones.

But no actress.

Why not replace Ventura with Ventura?

I am guessing she will try to play the role a little more masculine.

:lol:

Without doubt.

whoa whoa whoa, stop the clock, not the biggest swayze fan, but that movie absolutely oozed masculinity...that was a bad ass movie, and then Sam Elliot took into the stratosphere of masculinity

Swayze skews gay, always.

What's more masculine than this leap?!

roadhouse-o.gif

Like this.

Sounds like a meeting with ad executives. Like dogs at a fire hydrant. Everyone has to put their mark on it.

• 2 months later...