Bills have had discussions on trading Bryce Brown

YoloinOhio

Lots not clear Freddie was cut for brown. Karlos and McCoy were clear 1&2 from what I hear. If 3 is Dixson, Browns never on the field.

I'm not a fan of Dixon running with the ball. He's good for 2-3 tough yards every now and then but he's not a full time RB. That would leave us with 1 RB and 1 rookie backup. Meanwhile we have 5 TE's!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots not clear Freddie was cut for brown. Karlos and McCoy were clear 1&2 from what I hear. If 3 is Dixson, Browns never on the field.

It depends on what happens. I think Brown is not active and therefore the #4 as you say, but that is mostly because of ST. But if Shady goes down for a game or games, Brown becomes the #1 and starts or #2 and splits carries with Karlos.

Brown is a guy Whaley liked long before they made that trade with Philadelphia. And now they're working on dealing him? Chip Kelly is probably laughing over this news.

I doubt it. Chip Kelly himself is the master of "that was Then, this is Now" and "what have you done for me right here recently?"

As the roster changes, the prioritization of players change - that's not such a tough concept for NFL GMs to grasp.

I'm not a fan of Dixon running with the ball. He's good for 2-3 tough yards every now and then but he's not a full time RB. That would leave us with 1 RB and 1 rookie backup. Meanwhile we have 5 TE's!

Seems like we have TE and FB intermixing a lot, and switching between the two positions. Gotta wonder about where Felton might rank if we need some help with touches, or even Clay?

It depends on what happens. I think Brown is not active and therefore the #4 as you say, but that is mostly because of ST. But if Shady goes down for a game or games, Brown becomes the #1 and starts or #2 and splits carries with Karlos.

Agreed. I think he's the back with the style that can be most easily featured of the backups but without playing special teams may struggle to be active if all healthy.

I'm kind of surprised how little people think of Brown. He's a talented runner and his fumbling has been overblown. The only upside to cutting Fred is keeping Brown, IMO.

He's an easy target and there are many here that enjoy having someone to tear down. The guys got a TON of talent, if he can put it all together. He's the type that could boom like Hughes did for us, with even slight refinements to his game, talent around him, and an opportunity. The Stars might not align for him to see that potential and his poor choices in the past leave him digging out of a hole but he could be very effective.

Agreed. I think he's the back with the style that can be most easily featured of the backups but without playing special teams may struggle to be active if all healthy.

This is why Whaley doesn't get as much credit as he should for building a team rather than each individual move being looked at in a vacuum. He made the trade last year because the two previous years Fred and CJ got hurt and we had to resort to Tashard Choice. So a fourth round pick for a guy with real talent is a very good risk.

Marrone IMO ruined our whole offense last year so we really don't know what we have in him, although he ran very well in preseason.

I doubt it. Chip Kelly himself is the master of "that was Then, this is Now" and "what have you done for me right here recently?"

As the roster changes, the prioritization of players change - that's not such a tough concept for NFL GMs to grasp.

C'mon, Chip traded Bryce because he's black. At least that's what McCoy said.

Yeah Jackson's 0 rushing fumbles in 2014 was a real learning experience for Bryce Brown. He decided to go his own way and fumble us out of a playoff spot anyway though.

Explain to me what difference it makes whether a RB fumbles from carrying the ball as opposed to receiving? A fumble is a fumble

I'm kind of surprised how little people think of Brown. He's a talented runner and his fumbling has been overblown. The only upside to cutting Fred is keeping Brown, IMO.

He's an easy target and there are many here that enjoy having someone to tear down. The guys got a TON of talent, if he can put it all together. He's the type that could boom like Hughes did for us, with even slight refinements to his game, talent around him, and an opportunity. The Stars might not align for him to see that potential and his poor choices in the past leave him digging out of a hole but he could be very effective.

I think the majority of fans know he's a talented runner but I disagree his fumble problem is overblown, coaches hate when RBs cough up the ball, because they will have trouble trusting the guy won't do it again next time/carry.

The problem that I have with BB is that he doesn't make the effort or show the wilingness to protect the ball. For instance, during a pre-season game he turns the corner to the right sideline, the DB is closing on him and hits him when he's still carrying the ball with his left hand/arm. This is basic stuff, you switch the ball to the other arm to protect it and to see if you can stiff arm the guy. He had time to do it but he never did on that play. Also he doesn't put the other arm around the ball when he's about to get hit, you see all RBs do this to protect the ball, at times he just doesn't

Maybe the coaches addressed this issues to no avail, maybe BB is hard headed about it and won't change his ways. I don't really know, but it's a shame because is a correctable thing.

I think the majority of fans know he's a talented runner but I disagree his fumble problem is overblown, coaches hate when RBs cough up the ball, because they will have trouble trusting the guy won't do it again next time/carry.

The problem that I have with BB is that he doesn't make the effort or show the wilingness to protect the ball. For instance, during a pre-season game he turns the corner to the right sideline, the DB is closing on him and hits him when he's still carrying the ball with his left hand/arm. This is basic stuff, you switch the ball to the other arm to protect it and to see if you can stiff arm the guy. He had time to do it but he never did on that play. Also he doesn't put the other arm around the ball when he's about to get hit, you see all RBs do this to protect the ball, at times he just doesn't

Maybe the coaches addressed this issues to no avail, maybe BB is hard headed about it and won't change his ways. I don't really know, but it's a shame because is a correctable thing.

+1 by the way your name is spelled wrong, you need another x