Preseason Game 4: Bills at Lions

YoloinOhio

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Simms has played well, for the most part, with the obvious exceptions of some bad sacks and that one HORRIBLE play. I don't think this impacts the Cassel decision, though, as Simms is a PS guy at best.

Kellen Moore might not make the Lions, though. And he didn't look too bad.

How the hell can you line up off sides twice in one game? Seriously?

Ask Bruce Smith.

Simms has played well, for the most part, with the obvious exceptions of some bad sacks and that one HORRIBLE play. I don't think this impacts the Cassel decision, though, as Simms is a PS guy at best.

Kellen Moore might not make the Lions, though. And he didn't look too bad.

Ask Bruce Smith.

Fair enough. Of course Bruce bought some leeway with the majority of his play. I agree about Simms play tonight. He has had a few crap plays but he has not been given a lot of time. I do like the way he continues to look downfield as he moves up towards the line of scrimmage

If they were easily fixed in practice, then he wouldn't have posted the kick tonight. Right?

Right. Any kick hitting the post is not even close to a correct hit on the ball. Carp looks shaky. If he makes the final cut, he's on a really short leash.

While you may be right. The guy missed a bunch of time this offseason. Probably still getting his feel back. But hitting the post is a ton better than being 6 feet wide, if that's the case. Still I'm a bit concerned---but not worried.

While you may be right. The guy missed a bunch of time this offseason. Probably still getting his feel back. But hitting the post is a ton better than being 6 feet wide, if that's the case. Still I'm a bit concerned---but not worried.

The worry with Carpenter is...as good as he is when he is on...and that's VERY good...he still kicked his way out of Miami...These last two years in Buffalo he seemed to put it all together...But when you look back a bit it does get a little scary...Especially when he's struggling a bit...It's tough...Because the last two years he was money... B-)

The worry with Carpenter is...as good as he is when he is on...and that's VERY good...he still kicked his way out of Miami...These last two years in Buffalo he seemed to put it all together...But when you look back a bit it does get a little scary...Especially when he's struggling a bit...It's tough...Because the last two years he was money... B-)

Oh I understand the concern. But the guy has just come off some leg troubles.

It is especially tough for him because he doesn't seem to handle KO well. I find it hard to believe this young punters aren't learning to blast a kickoff from a tee. You think Rex will roll with Gay?

Edited by The Dean

It's nuclear physics for some.

Did Tarpley look as good as the radio guys said he did?

Tarp was awesome, but he has that Landon Cohen or Joique Bell vibe. Preseason superstar, cut.

FullWhaley.

Helped: Tarpley and Reddick had nice games. So did Fluellen. I think Dez Lewis showed enough to get signed to the PS.

Hurt: IK (can't be making mental mistakes), the backup interior OL.

Agree on Dez Lewis. Guy looked like shite the rest of the preseason, but showed good hands and route running tonight. He makes the PS if no one else claims him.

Oh I understand the concern. But the guy has just come off some leg troubles.

It is especially tough for him because he doesn't seem to handle KO well. I find it hard to believe this young punters aren't learning to blast a kickoff from a tee. You think Rex will roll with Gay?

I don't think he loves the idea...No question he would rather not...

I think too...The Bills do have some really good kickoff coverage guys...So...That may play into it as well... B-)

Helped: Tarpley and Reddick had nice games. So did Fluellen. I think Dez Lewis showed enough to get signed to the PS.

Hurt: IK (can't be making mental mistakes), the backup interior OL.

Agree with all that. Tarpley is only one who made team to me. Lewis had an excellent game although not enough to even get to PS (he may have to beat out Davis and Thompson).

I thought Simms sucked despite what the announcers said. Bryce looked good. Wood looked like PS worthy. No TEs distinguished themselves. Reddick looked decent enough. IK made THREE intolerable plays. Brooks lucked out, not sure he was good the whole game. Butler looked horrible on the TD. Not worried yet about Carpenter. Schmidt could be a pro bowl punter in two years.