Brady's suspension lifted

YoloinOhio

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favorite quote from Berman:

"An arbitrator's factual findings are generally not open to judicial challenge, and we accept the facts as the arbitrator found them."

Only the staunchest defender of Brady and the Patriots** could take solace in that.

GO BILLS!!!

The NFL messed up big here and Roger Goodell should be fired. First you don't have a independent investigation if your VP, Pace directs, proof reads it and adds his own notes to the draft. Second, you can't accuse a player on a fineable infraction, player doesn't cooperate and call it protecting the NFL Integrity and punish the player as if they broke the drug policy. The initial charge was never proven and he couldn't be fined for it, the team yes. It is not the right of any employer to take personal property of a employee to prove a case against them without a warrant. Third, the NFL integrity in the CBA can only be punishable to Team, owner, management not the players. A memo came out in March 2014 trying to change this to individual players but was never submited to the players or the Union, it doesn't apply to the players. Fourth, past presedence set the action the NFL could take. Roger Goodell didn't need to spend 3 million on a investigation that could only charge a $25,000 fine, period! He could have laid down the fine and see if the team and Brady appealed. Why do you think Goodell took this whole thing this far? He was trying to set new precedence so he could give himself absolute authority over players. GUESS WHAT, ROGER GOODELL LOST BIG TODAY!!!! The 2nd Court of Appeals will not hear this case unless Roger Goodell can bring something new to the table. They will review the findings and turn down this appeal.

In 2006 the league gave Payton Manning the right to petition all QB's so they can manipuate the footballs any way they want. Does anyone truely believe that 1-1.5 pounds of pressure really makes that much of a difference that Brady would risk his legacy over this? As a Bills fan and a Buffalo native, this whole fiasco to me is a joke. The fact that fans really believe Brady deserves 4 games for this shows me that there is little common sense in people today. Darieus almost puts his vehicle into a restaraunt in Hamburg and allot of you because of this want his suspension lifted, Darieus should be in jail! Everyone take a chill pill and enjoy that one of the best QB's ever will be playing our Bills killer defense and once and for all get knocked off his throne. The fact that anyone wants him suspended instead tells me you want everything handed to the Bills and care less how they get it. Who's worse, the hand that reaches out for help when not needed to win or the one that takes what they can to get ahead to win even if it crosses a fine line?

Edited by USABuffaloFan

Hope everyone has fun when the CBA expires in five years.

The shield is going to go in to those bargaining sessions with strict discipline demands so this doesn't happen. The NFLPA isn't going to go along with it and there will be a lockout.

Hope everyone has fun when the CBA expires in five years.

The shield is going to go in to those bargaining sessions with strict discipline demands so this doesn't happen. The NFLPA isn't going to go along with it and there will be a lockout.

the logical trade is that in exchange for a fairer process to reach the decisions.

The NFL messed up big here and Roger Goodell should be fired. First you don't have a independent investigation if your VP, Pace directs, proof reads it and adds his own notes to the draft. Second, you can't accuse a player on a fineable infraction, player doesn't cooperate and call it protecting the NFL Integrity and punish the player as if they broke the drug policy. The initial charge was never proven and he couldn't be fined for it, the team yes. It is not the right of any employer to take personal property of a employee to prove a case against them without a warrant. Third, the NFL integrity in the CBA can only be punishable to Team, owner, management not the players. A memo came out in March 2014 trying to change this to individual players but was never submited to the players or the Union, it doesn't apply to the players. Fourth, past presedence set the action the NFL could take. Roger Goodell didn't need to spend 3 million on a investigation that could only charge a $25,000 fine, period! He could have laid down the fine and see if the team and Brady appealed. Why do you think Goodell took this whole thing this far? He was trying to set new precedence so he could give himself absolute authority over players. GUESS WHAT, ROGER GOODELL LOST BIG TODAY!!!! The 2nd Court of Appeals will not hear this case unless Roger Goodell can bring something new to the table. They will review the findings and turn down this appeal.

In 2006 the league gave Payton Manning the right to petition all QB's so they can manipuate the footballs any way they want. Does anyone truely believe that 1-1.5 pounds of pressure really makes that much of a difference that Brady would risk his legacy over this? As a Bills fan and a Buffalo native, this whole fiasco to me is a joke. The fact that fans really believe Brady deserves 4 games for this shows me that there is little common sense in people today. Darieus almost puts his vehicle into a restaraunt in Hamburg and allot of you because of this want his suspension lifted, Darieus should be in jail! Everyone take a chill pill and enjoy that one of the best QB's ever will be playing our Bills killer defense and once and for all get knocked off his throne. The fact that anyone wants him suspended instead tells me you want everything handed to the Bills and care less how they get it. Who's worse, the hand that reaches out for help when not needed to win or the one that takes what they can to get ahead to win even if it crosses a fine line?

Very well put. Brady never deserved 4 games for this even if he did it. Goodell took this way too far and its going to bite him in the ass.

Just reported on ESPN radio

I have no sympathy for Brady, but I have even less for the power abusive NFL. The NFL is a corrupt corporation from top to bottom. The NFL thinks they are some kind of privileged organization that need not comply with the rule of law. Brady was smart (or devious) enough to destroy the key evidence in the case. However, the NFL has to prove their case to suspend a player from his job and the judge ruled there was no evidence directly linking Brady to the alleged offense.

For me, they both suck big time, but the NFL sucks worse! The Bills need to beat Brady and the Pats so let's get on with it already!

That's not an endorsement of the factual findings. It's a simple acknowledgement of the court's role in this case.

Doesn't matter. The facts are accepted by the court, regardless.

We all get that the facts of the case weren't germane to the proceedings in Berman's courtroom.

GO BILLS!!!

Why not? Berman's ruling means it's open season on ALL suspensions for ALL employees subjected to collectively bargained disciplinary action.

GO BILLS!!!

I wish I was a little more surprised. It's easy to point the finger at Godell, and his biggest failure is in the legal team he surrounded himself with. They have virtually unlimited resources, and they can't negotiate a CBA that holds water and creates a reasonable and enforceable penalty. I sure hope the loss of draft picks sticks. (And I couldn't care less about the million dollars.)

As much as I wanted Brady suspended, this does make Week 2 a much more interesting game.

This team is going to have a heck of a challenge right out of the blocks in Weeks 1 and 2.

I can't wait to see how they respond to it.

It is going to define our season in my opinion.

Why not? Berman's ruling means it's open season on ALL suspensions for ALL employees subjected to collectively bargained disciplinary action.

GO BILLS!!!

Not quite. Berman did reaffirm the discipline outlined in the written policies of the league. He just torpedoed Goodell's authority to levy arbitrary punishment on arbitrary transgressions.

Which I would normally agree with, except that he has that authority under the CBA. So Berman's ruling becomes a de facto overturning of those provisions of the CBA. What's more, it's the CBA those morons in the NFLPA agreed to...but they end up bearing no responsibility for this mess.

Doesn't matter. The facts are accepted by the court, regardless.

We all get that the facts of the case weren't germane to the proceedings in Berman's courtroom.

GO BILLS!!!

GO BILLS!!!

That's what I mean by BS. The ruling creates a slippery slope that allows even women beaters to appeal. Sickening.

Not quite. Berman did reaffirm the discipline outlined in the written policies of the league. He just torpedoed Goodell's authority to levy arbitrary punishment on arbitrary transgressions.

Which I would normally agree with, except that he has that authority under the CBA. So Berman's ruling becomes a de facto overturning of those provisions of the CBA. What's more, it's the CBA those morons in the NFLPA agreed to...but they end up bearing no responsibility for this mess.

Did you read the article though, he was punished under the "detrimental to the league" rules, not under the domestic violence rules.