Name the top 5 most "beloved" Bills of all time

Bocephuz

Name the top 5 most "beloved" Bills of all time. Not necessarily the best Bills players of all time, but think more in terms of the biggest fan favorites.

1. - Jim Kelly - savior of the franchise, flawed but tough, talented and a great community member

2. - Darryl Talley - heart and soul of Super Bowl teams, inspired a go fund me campaign from the fans

3. - Fred Jackson - heart and soul of post Super Bowl teams, inspired his own mass online campaign

4. - Brian Moorman - lone bright spot on poor teams for years, involved in community

5. - Kyle Williams - underdog gritty player, great team leader

* I was born in 1979 so I can't really comment on Pre Jim Kelly era.. interested to see who some of the old timers would add to this list.

% O.J. Simpson would probably have been number 1 except for that pesky double murder thing

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Speaking from 1980 on, I think you can make the argument that Fred was one of the top 5 beloved Bills outside of the golden era. Hard to compare anyone in the post-Kelly era to that group.

Some other names that come to mind (some from the golden era, but not yet mentioned):

Leonard Smith - had a great run as a hard hitting safety with attitude.

Billy Brooks - beloved player from 93-95, made a ton of clutch plays over that stretch.

Flutie - polarizing, but a lot of people LOVED him.

Frank Reich

In the last fifteen years, it is Fred Jackson, Kyle Williams, and Brian Moorman.