Edit: now confirmed rumor that Bills will release Cassel

eball

Cassel also doesn't get sacked as much, which means he probably is more agile and with awareness less likely to get hurt and avoid the negative yards.

Not saying you're wrong, but I'd like to see those numbers.

Ok, it turns out you were right. According to Pro Football Reference, Cassel has gotten sacked on 7.6% of his passing attempts. EJ is 7.7%.

Cassel is so much more aware and agile.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, that's not at all what the column says -- and down what rabbit hole did you go to find this?

He's prolly subscribed to the clickbait daily.

Edit: I need to subscribe to the spelling daily apparently.

Edited by bladiebla

No, that's not at all what the column says -- and down what rabbit hole did you go to find this?

How is this any different then the link that started this page. Oh wait, I know. The one I linked to has advertisers and isn't some 16 year old tweeting,

Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking... :lol:

Actually the column has Ian Rapoport info, which some here linked to but only posted the part about Cassel getting cut.

"Following the news that Taylor would be the starting quarterback, NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that either EJ Manuel or Matt Cassel would be released following the decision. Manuel has some momentum after throwing for 170 yards and two touchdowns against the Pittsburgh Steelers, but Rapoport believes the Bill might be ready to move on from the former first-round pick instead."

That remains a possibility, and how delighted you'd be if that does in fact turn out to be the case. :devil:

No QB is getting a pink slip until after tomorrow night's game. There's a lot at stake in how well Simms plays.

If he goes the distance and doesn't crap the bed, he'll probably end up on the PS.

It'll be interesting to see if they throw Cassel in the game, but I think if they do that (unless Simms gets dinged) they're likely only throwing him a bone.

Tyrod : 40 yard dash = 4.51 s , Vertical Jump = 37.5 in, Broad Jump = 126 in, 3 cone drill = 6.78 s, 20 yard shuttle = 4.09s

EJ : 40 yard dash = 4.65 s , Vertical Jump = 34.0 in, Broad Jump = 118 in, 3 cone drill = 7.98 s, 20 yard shuttle = 4.21s

Those are some big differences in speed and agility between the two.

I think you forgot:

Tyrod 6'1" 215

EJ. 6'5" 240

gaining steam

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25287912/report-bills-debating-whether-to-cut-veteran-quarterback-matt-cassel

Everybody sing along!!

Trolling, trolling, trolling down the river!

http://nfltraderumors.co/bills-reportedly-discussing-releasing-qb-matt-cassel/

Carucci adds that with a cap figure of around $5 million, Cassel is just too expensive as a backup quarterback. On top of that, the Bills can use all the space they can get in order to lock up DT Marcell Dareus to a contract extension

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

gaining steam

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/25287912/report-bills-debating-whether-to-cut-veteran-quarterback-matt-cassel

Everybody sing along!!

Trolling, trolling, trolling down the river!

http://nfltraderumors.co/bills-reportedly-discussing-releasing-qb-matt-cassel/

Carucci adds that with a cap figure of around $5 million, Cassel is just too expensive as a backup quarterback. On top of that, the Bills can use all the space they can get in order to lock up DT Marcell Dareus to a contract extension

You're the troll. You've bashed everyone but EJ and get upset that EJ didn't get the starting nod.

Me not a fan of Cassel or EJ, actually thought the best QB won the job. As far as backups go, neither Cassel nor EJ is a good fit and would force changes to the offense. More protection for EJ and shorter/quicker routes for Cassel. Either way it would allow teams to stack the box more. I am a fan of getting rid of both of them as they both have too much down side and getting someone else as backup. They are both too expensive as backup options.

It's also possible the Bills are saying this to drive up the trade requests on EJ or Cassel.

Edited by VABills

I saw Rapoport on NFLN last night and he said he believed very strongly that the Bills were not ready to move on from Manuel and that left Cassel on the bubble.

Saw that too. In other news the Eagles may keep Tebow over Barkley! Ouch!

That is from Monday. I know you wish that was the latest but the noises appear to be very much in the other direction. Cassel seems to be the one on the brink. I do think a good trade offer would see them trade EJ and keep Cassel, but I only see Cassel as a potential cut.

If Cassel has truly ended up 3rd in a 2 man competition that is slightly ironic as there were still people on here a week ago telling us he was definitely going to start.

That is from Monday. I know you wish that was the latest but the noises appear to be very much in the other direction. Cassel seems to be the one on the brink. I do think a good trade offer would see them trade EJ and keep Cassel, but I only see Cassel as a potential cut.

If Cassel has truly ended up 3rd in a 2 man competition that is slightly ironic as there were still people on here a week ago telling us he was definitely going to start.

That last statement scares me, as I knew that we were in for a lot of 9-6 games if he started (assuming Carpenter can learn to kick FG's).