Edit: now confirmed rumor that Bills will release Cassel

eball

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that they are not local people says it all. They do not watch or follow the Bills as closely as we do and therefore have not seen E.J.'s obvious limitations. Makes perfect sense that they would think more highly of him than most of us do.

Right...That's it...His obvious limitations as a young QB in the NFL...Who would have figured that could happen?

I'm no Cassel fan and am glad that TT won the job, but if Cassel gets cut he got a raw deal not getting any reps in that second game. He had 4 series all preseason. Not quite Flutie sitting out that season finale then getting benched, but in the same category.

The reason he got no reps is because the Bills already know what he is...it was TT and EJ they needed to see. I don't mean to be overly critical of your post but it's really that simple.

The reason he got no reps is because the Bills already know what he is...it was TT and EJ they needed to see. I don't mean to be overly critical of your post but it's really that simple.

Exactly, he was the only QB of the bunch that had nothing to prove. You know what you're going to get...

Edited by ricojes

I'm no Cassel fan and am glad that TT won the job, but if Cassel gets cut he got a raw deal not getting any reps in that second game. He had 4 series all preseason. Not quite Flutie sitting out that season finale then getting benched, but in the same category.

No it's not. It's not even in the same hemisphere.

Not really, I knew that but to add that in there was a little disingenuous on your part.

Huh? That's what we do around here. We quote folks and then add our opinions. I in no way implied Eric Wood commented on Cassel.

But if he did, he'd have probably said, "meh."

Well if he can't make it with a genius like Greggo Marrone, how can he make it with anyone?

Why this concept is so hard to understand for some Bills fans and local media is well beyond my ability to comprehend... B-)

Vic typed that tweet through tears...

:lol:

I think EJ makes more sense as our backup

If Taylor were to get injured, the Bills would still be able to run the same type of offense as both QBs have similar qualities

CBF

Tyrod : 40 yard dash = 4.51 s , Vertical Jump = 37.5 in, Broad Jump = 126 in, 3 cone drill = 6.78 s, 20 yard shuttle = 4.09s

EJ : 40 yard dash = 4.65 s , Vertical Jump = 34.0 in, Broad Jump = 118 in, 3 cone drill = 7.98 s, 20 yard shuttle = 4.21s

Those are some big differences in speed and agility between the two.