Edit: now confirmed rumor that Bills will release Cassel

eball

It's kind of embarrassing how very impressed the local Bills media was with Matt Cassel...LOL

It really seems like they all live in a bubble and just read all their own local stuff without ever reading other sources outside of that bubble which challenges the group think.

While Cassel, statwise, played well, most of his passes were short, sideline checkdowns, while TT and EJ were slinging theirs. Why is that? Was Cassel told by Roman not to throw down field but TT and EJ were? Or was Cassel just staying within his range?

If the latter is true, then why do you even want a guy like that, veteran or not? He'd be an offense killer. He'd make our weapons useless. Defenses would crowd the line knowing Cassel can't/won't beat them. We saw how this works with Trent, Fitz and Orton. It's a slow death. No, thank you. Cassel? Cut.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While Cassel, statwise, played well, most of his passes were short, sideline checkdowns, while TT and EJ were slinging theirs. Why is that? Was Cassel told by Roman not to throw down field but TT and EJ were? Or was Cassel just staying within his range?

If the latter is true, then why do you even want a guy like that, veteran or not? He'd be an offense killer. He'd make our weapons useless. Defenses would crowd the line knowing Cassel can't/won't beat them. We saw how this works with Trent, Fitz and Orton. It's a slow death. No, thank you. Cassel? Cut.

Matt "Slow Death" Cassel. Good one Promo! :thumbsup:

With Simms performance (lack thereof) and uncertainty with unproven TT and to a lesser extent EJ, gotta keep Cassell now. At least for the first month or so until things settle down

I think if Cassell ends up seeing the field this year as a starter, the season will be dead anyway. Just release him and get the $$.....It's all or nothing, all or nothing.

It's embarrassing how they are STILL propping up Cassel over EJ!! This Matt Coller is a RIOT!!

Right...Coller was at it again this morning with his anti-EJ agenda...but there was a twist...

In an early segment Coller (and Howard to a lesser extent) were both backing Cassel as the back-up...Coller was once again, regurgitating his stance that EJ can't be trusted and when/if he gets in and blows a game for you (which in his opinion is obviously a forgone conclusion) your stuck if Cassel is gone...

Then Sal comes on...And to my surprise, and obviously to Coller, Sal backs EJ 100%...He even says that he has had a change of heart when it comes to EJ and points out that in his opinion the coaching is making a big difference...He now trusts that EJ should be the back-up...And says if that is the case there is zero reason to keep Cassel...So...

Now I'm expecting it...Here comes Coller with his anti-EJ rant and his QB analytics and algorithms pointing out how EJ can't get better...I just know he's going to mention how EJ is not to be trusted no matter what you see in preseason...I'm certain he's going to use that Houston game argument and point out how if EJ gets in he'll just lose you the game all by his lonesome...But instead...Nothing...He just kind of ignores the fact that when anyone other than Sal has that exact same opinion he completely disagrees...But when the football guy...the coach says it...well then...no argument I guess...

Whatever... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

With Simms performance (lack thereof) and uncertainty with unproven TT and to a lesser extent EJ, gotta keep Cassell now. At least for the first month or so until things settle down

if they keep him for a month his whole salary is guaranteed. He's either cut now or he's here all year.

Is this guy still credible after all the misinformation he has dealt out regarding the QB's?

What misinformation has Wawrow spouted? IMO he is the fairest and most reliable of the local reporters. (Well, locally based, that is.)

Right...Coller was at it again this morning with his anti-EJ agenda...but there was a twist...

In an early segment Coller (and Howard to a lesser extent) were both backing Cassel as the back-up...Coller was once again, regurgitating his stance that EJ can't be trusted and when/if he gets in and blows a game for you (which in his opinion is obviously a forgone conclusion) your stuck if Cassel is gone...

Then Sal comes on...And to my surprise, and obviously to Coller, Sal backs EJ 100%...He even says that he has had a change of heart when it comes to EJ and points out that in his opinion the coaching is making a big difference...He now trusts that EJ should be the back-up...And says if that is the case there is zero reason to keep Cassel...So...

Now I'm expecting it...Here comes Coller with his anti-EJ rant and his QB analytics and algorithms pointing out how EJ can't be trusted...I just know he's going to mention how EJ is not to be trusted no matter what you see in preseason...I'm certain he's going to use that Houston game argument and point out how if you trust EJ he'll just lose you the game all by his lonesome...But instead...Nothing...He just kind of ignores the fact that when anyone other than Sal has that exact same opinion he completely disagrees...But when the football guy...the coach says it...well then...no argument I guess...

Whatever... B-)

Coller really should stick to analytics because his football acumen with respect to personnel assessment is minimal at best.

Coller really should stick to analytics because his football acumen with respect to personnel assessment is minimal at best.

Exactly...

The thing is he dismisses EJ's chances with such certainty...If you did not know any better you might actually believe the guy knows what he's talking about...

Like I've said before...He should stick to hockey... B-)

Exactly...

The thing is he dismisses EJ's chances with such certainty...If you did not know any better you might actually believe the guy knows what he's talking about...

Like I've said before...He should stick to hockey... B-)

Sadly I think he's even worse at hockey. I'm pretty sure he was talking up Hodgson mid last season.

Edited by The Wiz

Now I'm expecting it...Here comes Coller with his anti-EJ rant and his QB analytics and algorithms pointing out how EJ can't get better...I just know he's going to mention how EJ is not to be trusted no matter what you see in preseason...I'm certain he's going to use that Houston game argument and point out how if EJ gets in he'll just lose you the game all by his lonesome...But instead...Nothing...He just kind of ignores the fact that when anyone other than Sal has that exact same opinion he completely disagrees...But when the football guy...the coach says it...well then...no argument I guess...

Whatever... B-)

Well later in the broadcast they speak on the offensive line and how bad it was last year. He even says how he and Jeremy watched games and saw how the offensive line were the reason they lost games last year, but still says EJ Manuel lost the Chargers/Texans games singlehandedly.

Whatever... B-)

Well later in the broadcast they speak on the offensive line and how bad it was last year. He even says how he and Jeremy watched games and saw how the offensive line were the reason they lost games last year, but still says EJ Manuel lost the Chargers/Texans games singlehandedly.

Based on these summaries, I'm certainly glad I don't listen to these Dimwits.

Edited by 1B4IDie

Sadly I think he's even worse at hockey. I'm pretty sure he was talking up Hodgson mid last season.

I guess...See the thing is I love hockey, but I'll be the first to admit I really don't know the in's and out's of the game...Unlike baseball and football I never played hockey...So I'll defer to the experts...Something Coller should do more often... B-)