Who is 2nd string QB?

jumbalaya

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Tyrod but putting all the eggs in one basket would be very stupid at this point. Trading EJ right now would be insane, he should be the back-up in case Tyrod is not up to the challenge.

Edited by Fixxxer

Are we running a straight option offense?

I suspect it will be close to what the 49ers did with Kap. He wasn't a great QB, bu with the Roman poption, it was a nice hybrid. I suspect we'll be close to that. TT can hurt you from pocket as he has a good arm, plus can take off if you don't respect it. But at same time give him a short/long option to one side and he'll kill you as he's faster than Kap, plus can make that throw.

FWIW Rex has said multiple times he plans on keeping all 3.

So lets assume all 3 remain...TT is clearly the starter now, so I would assume EJ is the #2 given he had a great preseason and the game plan wouldn't have to change drastically like it would with Dr. Boring Cassel

I actually love this situation. EJ has shown promise and appears to be making significant progress in year 3. I think EJ as the 2 will be, again, a great learning experience. It will also provide him with an opportunity to refine his game. Come next year, it is possible that EJ will show to be the guy, but right now I believe Rex made the right call. EJ as the 2 and give Cassel his papers

I think that if Tyrod gets hurt Cassel enters the game. If Tyrod misses a game or more EJ plays those weeks.

OK- so what if a team offered a #1 pick for EJ? Do you make that deal? So many teams are QB starved. I would not be surprised if someone offered a #1

Of course you would make that deal but no one is offering that.

OK- so what if a team offered a #1 pick for EJ? Do you make that deal? So many teams are QB starved. I would not be surprised if someone offered a #1

You'd be lucky to see a round that can be counted to using one hand. If Ej moves, it's about clearing the cap, not getting a great pick.