QB Tyrod Taylor to start Week 1

• Replies 629
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will today be remembered as the day that the future began or a day that set a new low point?

It can't get worse. 15 years of no playoffs, a RB who was a fan favorite but really was always the number 2/3 guy on roster, and a new and exciting QB who can throw and run.

I am thrilled with this decision. I understand we as a community are split whenever there are QB controversies, but I think we have a good ball team here and I'm happy the decision was between players who were performing exceedingly well as opposed to the least bad. I also am happy to have EJ on the team, and think he's got a future in the league. If Tyrod doesn't turn into an above average QB I'd be happy to start EJ down the road. I just happen to think TT has a hell of a ceiling (as does EJ), and he won the competition.

First off, Nickle City, I'm not picking on you, take this with a grain of salt.

But this is the wishy washy kinda of take that a pro athlete can not have. Well, Tyrods good, and EJ's pretty good so if we have them both we can do this then if it doesn't work we can do that. C'mon, whys everyone so afraid to make a stand? Pick the best guy and live or die by it! Can't play both sides of the fence, that's why I think this will mess with EJ too much for him to stay here. He needs a coach that will take a stand for him and stick by it. Not this wishy washy crap that we can keep um all and see whose best later. There's only so many games, The Tyrod era is upon us, we can't look back! The decisions been made

So you're not a Bills fan, you're an EJ fan.

Good luck with that. Pat*** like fans like you.

Once u get your head out of your ass get back to me OK?

Question my Bills fandom you stupid idiot

Edited by mastershake

I think so too. I've liked what I have seen. It certainly is an important day in franchise history though.

Same here...I just need to see him adjust to being spied full-time by opposing DCs. Then again, if you can run the ball, AND you have multiple speedy YAC threats, the ability to do that is significantly reduced.

First off, Nickle City, I'm not picking on you, take this with a grain of salt.

But this is the wishy washy kinda of take that a pro athlete can not have. Well, Tyrods good, and EJ's pretty good so if we have them both we can do this then if it doesn't work we can do that. C'mon, whys everyone so afraid to make a stand? Pick the best guy and live or die by it! Can't play both sides of the fence, that's why I think this will mess with EJ too much for him to stay here. He needs a coach that will take a stand for him and stick by it. Not this wishy washy crap that we can keep um all and see whose best later. There's only so many games, The Tyrod era is upon us, we can't look back! The decisions been made

I think Tyrod is currently the best quarterback on the roster with an extremely high ceiling. That should hopefully be unequivocal enough for you. However, that opinion does not preclude me from holding EJ in high regard, nor should it. Just because I think one is better than I can't like the other or expect him to have a bright future if given the opportunity (mutual exclusivity).

Will today be remembered as the day that the future began or a day that set a new low point?

You want to know something crazy? Just as I heard the (tyrod) news this morning, I was eating breakfast at work. I kid you not, the moment I found out, the Shout song came over the PA system (they pipe in music to the on-campus restaurants). Coincidence or destiny????

EDIT: am I the only one who thinks this Shout song thing is nuts??

Edited by NickelCity

Taylor has 35 career passes but 14 games isn't enough for EJ? I don't get it? Taylor is going to be the guy barring an injury. They are not going to just shuffle guys in and out.

A head coach can go only so far if an unproven QB on a contending team is not playing well for an extended stretch of games. This isn't a situation where it's a rookie QB expected to go through a season's worth of growing pains. It's totally fair to expect Taylor to get his "sea legs" under him by the fourth game. You and I both know the groundswell for EJ would be enormous if Taylor was playing badly each and every game for the first four games. He's 26 years old, not a 22 year old rookie. Having said that, the chances of that happening are very remote IMO because Taylor looks and sounds the part of a successful starting NFL QB. But if that slim chance did arrive four games in, Rex would have to make the move to EJ.

A head coach can go only so far if an unproven QB on a contending team is not playing well for an extended stretch of games. This isn't a situation where it's a rookie QB expected to go through a season's worth of growing pains. It's totally fair to expect Taylor to get his "sea legs" under him by the fourth game. You and I both know the groundswell for EJ would be enormous if Taylor was playing badly each and every game for the first four games. He's 26 years old, not a 22 year old rookie. Having said that, the chances of that happening are very remote IMO because Taylor looks and sounds the part of a successful starting NFL QB. But if that slim chance did arrive four games in, Rex would have to make the move to EJ.

And the controversy begins, this is not good for a team. It's a huge part of the reason I say trade EJ now for what you can get. He is too good to be listed third

You can't have two girlfriends, even if they know about each other. And tell one she's your favorite one week and then tell the other she's your favorite. Even if they're cool with it at the beginning, they're not gonna be cool with it.

Edited by mastershake

I have a feeling all along that who ever starts the season at QB will not be under center at seasons end. Injuries or inconsistent play will lead to a change. Congrats to Taylor and I wish him well.

It kind of is though. They are going to give him some rope. If they gave the job to Cassel I could see that. Taylor has 35 career passes. One of the considerations when deciding on him as a starter is that they are going to have to take the good with the bad. This is not the limited vet. This is the young guy with the high ceiling.

Interesting ... I wonder if anyone ask him about the TD passes EJ threw and how they compared? I am not upset by the decision I guess I would like to understand what the deciding factors were.

It is pretty simple really. They think that Tyrod is the most likely to put points on the board.

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: It was important to see Taylor succeed as a passer this summer

@TyDunne: Ryan on seeing Taylor in the pocket: "That was important. ... His ability to throw the ball was the overriding thing."

@JoeBuscaglia: #Bills HC Rex Ryan: This is an organizational decision to start Tyrod Taylor

@buffalobills: IT'S OFFICIAL: Tyrod Taylor is our 2015 starting QB!

Get to know the man under center: http://t.co/lmPShgtuIyhttp://t.co/8s2bYOolMU

Ok, NOW I fully believe it.

Seriously though guys, did we all watch the same games? Yeah EJ showed improvement and I hope he gets another shot with us. As people have said, Taylor carries an injury risk and it would be better to have someone with similar play style on the roster.

But Taylor has looked good. Really really good, and he's done it for the most part without his best skill players. I honestly think this could be an incredible offensive to go along with our defense with him running it.Do people really think that's impossible with Tyrod running things?