RB Fred Jackson released

FireChan

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is semantics and you seem to be letting your animus towards him get the best of you. As I said, it's common sense to say you'll take a big cut if the alternative is no salary at all. It's not as if there are other teams out there who are going to break the bank for him. He's looking at vet minimum pretty much everywhere.

One more try:

Did Freddy Jackson approach the Bills and offer to take a pay cut?

Or did Florio simply suggest that as part of the "anything" Freddy would do to retire a Bill? You know, to support his claim that the Bills should have done this a different way.

Like I said, specious reporting.

Florio's article could be entirely true -- and if so, it just reinforces that the Bills didn't want Fred on the roster at any price because they like the other four backs more.

I think this is the case, regardless of the veracity of Florio's reporting.

GO BILLS!!!

Fans who support one player more than the overall team = RJ

I may be missing context here, but I think it's pretty unfair to say the two are mutually exclusive. I do not support the front office in this move, but to say that I am now unsupportive of the team is pretty bogus and a misstatement of the fact.

I may be missing context here, but I think it's pretty unfair to say the two are mutually exclusive. I do not support the front office in this move, but to say that I am now unsupportive of the team is pretty bogus and a misstatement of the fact.

ndirish1978 = RJ

Exactly. A team is made up of players and I can disagree all I want with the FO and still be a fan. What he said was fallicious.

We're not announcing the starting QB for another 11 days.

Rex, I'm not keeping FJ.

Doug I'm cutting him now out of courtsey.

Bills fans: complete uproar.

PR Department: TT is our starting QB

Rest pf the NFL: Can we sign him please!

One more try:

Did Freddy Jackson approach the Bills and offer to take a pay cut?

Or did Florio simply suggest that as part of the "anything" Freddy would do to retire a Bill? You know, to support his claim that the Bills should have done this a different way.

Like I said, specious reporting.

Does it matter? The proof is in the pudding. They didn't keep the best RBs, they kept those they saw the most potential in down the road. It's a move for next season not this season. And it's a decission that doesn't make the team any stronger for this season.

It also shows that Rex bleets like a sheep but reads the community like a dodo.

FJ has said over and over that he wanted to retire a Bill. He still has more game this season then KW or Brown, next year, maybe not.

They prolly didn't trade him out of respect but it would have been a far better business decision both in return as in PR.

I got completly side tracked didnt I...

Edited by bladiebla

I don't understand the vitriol over FredEx. He was the best Bill since the Kelly days in so many ways. My guess is he gets signed by Cleveland, or another RB starved team.

If not, my bet is we take him back after opening day at the minimum as the contract is not guaranteed, and if he gets hurt, it's simply an injury settlement.

I love the guy. I get it though as it is a position of depth, and we could use the $2.7 mil. on the Dareus contract. NFL is a cold business, and no one stays on their past.

He's not done with football. My only Jersey ever bought, and the most expensive authentic one. I'll enjoy wearing it at the Pats game when we fly up for the game. My hope is if he is done after this year somewhere else, we retire him at the beginning of next year. Love the guy.

Thanks Fred for everything. You are the most resilient Bill ever. they wanted to fire you almost every year, and you never allowed them to do so. I was so bummed when he broke his leg after 10 games and was trending #2 in the league behind MJD.