Scariest Movie Monster/Alien

truth on hold

The xenomorph from "Alien."[/drop mic]

thats a nasty one too, sharing the no nonsense evil nature of Cloverfield. But for sheer size I had to go with the latter. btw I read Alien was in part based on the Tarantula Hawk insect

A tarantula hawk is a spider wasp which hunts tarantulas. The female tarantula hawk captures, stings, and paralyzes the spider, then either drags her prey back into her own burrow or transports it to a specially prepared nest, where a single egg is laid on the spider’s abdomen, and the entrance is covered. When the wasp larva hatches, it creates a small hole in the spider'sabdomen, then enters and feeds voraciously, avoiding vital organs for as long as possible to keep the spider alive.[1] After several weeks, the larva pupates. Finally, the wasp becomes an adult, and emerges from the spider's abdomen to continue the life cycle.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tarantula_hawk

Scariest? Dunno. I don't find these CGI monsters scary at all. My favorite monster/alien might be Elmer...er, the Aylmer from Brain Damage.

giphy.gif

Agree with most CGI monsters. But clay-mation ones don't do it for me either.

Agree with most CGI monsters. But clay-mation ones don't do it for me either.

I agree they aren't scary. But either can be interesting. In this case, Aylmer's real menace isn't his looks. And if you've never seen Brain Damage, I recommend it---preferable with a buzz on.

I agree they aren't scary. But either can be interesting. In this case, Aylmer's real menace isn't his looks. And if you've never seen Brain Damage, I recommend it---preferable with a buzz on.

That's probably the only way I'd see it. Reminds me of "Evil Dead."

That's probably the only way I'd see it. Reminds me of "Evil Dead."

Less fun in some ways, more fun in others. I mean Evil Dead has Bruce Campbell, so it's hard to argue Brain Damage has a more compelling cast. But Brain Damage is a far more "intelligent" film---and far more a B movie. More an addiction movie than a demon/monster movie.

Personally I think Alien is the overall scariest. How does this movie look for scary? Looks creepy to me. I know it's Shymalon but maybe he can come back.

The TV spots they're running for that right now, specifically the oven line, make it look like a comedy.

My vote. I don't know a single person who's seen it who hasn't felt uncomfortable watching it and had nightmares about it.

I'm pretty sure I have seen Event Horizon at least twice. I know I watched the second time because I didn't remember seeing it the first time---but recalled some of it while re-watching it. With that said, it still left no impression on me. I barely recall seeing it. No nightmares, no uncomfortableness.

I'm pretty sure I have seen Event Horizon at least twice. I know I watched the second time because I didn't remember seeing it the first time---but recalled some of it while re-watching it. With that said, it still left no impression on me. I barely recall seeing it. No nightmares, no uncomfortableness.

You are a rare person immune to the subtle terror of Sam Neill. Even in Hunt for Red October, where he plays a good guy, you half expect him to sink the submarine.

This particular movie has a rare combination of gore, Sam Neill, all of the actors weren't that famous (pre-Matrix Fishburne) so all of them could be killed, and derelict spaceship suspense (akin to 2010, Aliens) where you have no idea what you're walking into.

You are a rare person immune to the subtle terror of Sam Neill. Even in Hunt for Red October, where he plays a good guy, you half expect him to sink the submarine.

This particular movie has a rare combination of gore, Sam Neill, all of the actors weren't that famous (pre-Matrix Fishburne) so all of them could be killed, and derelict spaceship suspense (akin to 2010, Aliens) where you have no idea what you're walking into.

Not sure how rare I am.

http://www.metacritic.com/movie/event-horizon

Event Horizon was forgettable to me too. Maybe Ill give it another try sometime. I cant imagine anything that sci-fi can be that terrifying though.

Good case made for the Cloverfield monster. Wouldnt have thought of that.

For me, Poltergeist scared the daylights out of me as a kid. I would say Alien would be one of my last choices to encounter (despite their ability to easily mow hundreds down in Aliens).