EJ Will Start Pittsburgh Game

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm consulting HamSandwitch! He seems to have the inside scoop on this. Ham, what brilliance, you had this all figured out days ago. Never mind WGR, Jerry Sullivan (we shouldn't anyway), all the "insiders". Those that read Ham's post a few days ago on his "theory" was dead on

PS: Was there really an assassin on the grassy knoll?

I think he gets two drives. Unless they are very short (and then that may be a reason to only give him two). I think they just decided to reward him for hard work and production, to show everyone on the team the guy that deserves to start will start, to show guys on the team who are backups that if they work hard enough they will be given a chance, to mess with the Colts, and to really see if, by chance, EJ lights it up. It's actually a very good move.

If he doesn't play great, or very well, then they are going with TT or Cassel. With Watkins and Harvin and Shady out anyway, it's not as though the timing is going to be helped by having TT or MC get those snaps in the 2-3 drives.

This is a great chance for EJ and he's got to be thrilled. If he comes up big, like he did in the end against the Browns there is hope for him as an NFL player. I don't really predict it (I predict he shows a little good and a little bad) but here is his chance.

Trying to figure out what to make of this. Is EJ seriously still in the hunt to be the opening day starter? Is it really still a 3 QB race? Is it just a nice gesture to EJ for his hard work and solid drive against Cleveland? Maybe a smokescreen to throw off the Colts preparation? None of the above? All of the above?

I'm admittedly perplexed.

This is the NFL. They wouldn't be doing this as a 'gesture.' That's ridiculous. You're only confused because the Bills media and subsequently the national media has been spewing pure negativity about EJ for months now. And of course the genius posters here who thought that had everything all figured out.

Rex has already said that Simms will play the majority. I think the starters may get a series or two.

My take...EJ the first quarter, TT and Casell split second quarter and maybe a little of third depending on downs, Simms remainder. I will be there so its gonna be nice to see them all play! But you may be right also.

Weren't they out for the Cleveland game too? And Tyrod was still able to put some things together. However he couldn't finish his drives, let's see if EJ can bring one home for a TD

That is a good point in this

Can EJ do what Tyrod did.....which was take backups and make them productive against 1st stringers.........

I knew he would start ....it was the only way this thing can be remotely fair. Finally a staff with a clue.

His performances in the 1st two preseason games made this happen for EJ. He showed quite a bit of improvement with respect to command of the offense and delivering the ball with accuracy, timing, and anticipation. Good for him!

I knew he would start ....it was the only way this thing can be remotely fair. Finally a staff with a clue.

Or further proof Rex doesn't know how to handle QBs. Two ways of looking at it IMO.

Edited by stony

My take...EJ the first quarter, TT and Casell split second quarter and maybe a little of third depending on downs, Simms remainder. I will be there so its gonna be nice to see them all play! But you may be right also.

I was and he was talking about the Detroit game not the Steeler game. The Steeler game the starters will play into the third quarter. The Lions game I think the starters play a series or two and then Simms plays the rest of the game.