Football Outsiders Breaks Down Ryan Fitzpatrick

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He was, is and always will be a good backup and a below average to bad starter. He might look ok for a few games and get everyone's hopes up, but sooner or later he will revert back to who he is. Not unlike Kyle Orton.

he is such a great guy, leader, etc. though - people want to give him the benefit of the doubt. Film don't lie.

Fitz pays people to injure the other QBs when he goes to a new city, right? He keeps getting the chance to start! Even when he was given the job and then benched, he got the job back!

Did you guys click on the "Interceptable Passes Project" link? http://presnapreads.com/2015/05/28/the-interceptable-passes-project/Guess who is in the bottom tier? :/ Wonder why they used EJ and his four games over Orton though.

He has all the intangibles.

The only minor thing lacking in his all but complete game is the ability to throw a football.

Did you read the article? Apparently he does not have all of the intangibles - he's an idiot when it comes to processing information during the play and making the right read.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

Did you read the article? Apparently he does not have all of the intangibles - he's an idiot when it comes to processing information during the play and making the right read.

Sarcasm. Fitz is an awful football player and even worse in the clutch when the game is on the line. I would take almost anyone starting over him.

And he screams like a girl.

Say what you want. I think Fitz played the hand he was dealt. I liked him and think he will excel in NY. Defense wasn't great in Buffalo and he was forced to play games from behind. As such, he had to throw more often than he would have liked. Flash forward, Jets defense may be better than any defense he has played with. Gailey certainly made him relevant and this year he could be something.

I wouldn't over look the Jets this year. Just saying. As you all know I hope I am wrong. Go Bills.

Say what you want. I think Fitz played the hand he was dealt. I liked him and think he will excel in NY. Defense wasn't great in Buffalo and he was forced to play games from behind. As such, he had to throw more often than he would have liked. Flash forward, Jets defense may be better than any defense he has played with. Gailey certainly made him relevant and this year he could be something.

I wouldn't over look the Jets this year. Just saying. As you all know I hope I am wrong. Go Bills.

did you read the article? It doesn't matter whether he throws a lot, a little, has a good d, a good running game... It doesn't matter. He had those things in Houston and got benched. He's not good. Hes been on a million teams and its always the same. He might look ok now and then. That's not good enough. Edited by YoloinOhio