Reporter shot and Killed on Live TV in VA

pathetic joke, comparing US to a bunch of (mostly tiny) 3rd world countries. the proper comparison of course is to industrialized nations. OECD we rank #2 in homicide rate, 2nd only to Mexico, a corrupt nation that cant even enforce laws. is that the standard we want to hold ourselves to?

https://www.quandl.com/collections/society/oecd-murder-rates

So what changes should be made to reduce gun crimes and what kind of results can we expect from those changes?

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As said in the Charleston thread, ya know, we need to blame the LGBT's on this. Stand against the Rainbow flag!

Today, at the New York State Fair, it's Pride Day and Law Enforcement Day!!!

http://www.syracuse.com/statefair/index.ssf/2015/08/day_2_at_the_2015_nys_fair_pride_day_and_people_from_40_countries_become_us_citi.html

So what changes should be made to reduce gun crimes and what kind of results can we expect from those changes?

Yeah, the Dems don't even go into specifics anymore. They just talk about "sensible" gun legislation. I totally forget what they even want anymore.

Yeah, the Dems don't even go into specifics anymore. They just talk about "sensible" gun legislation. I totally forget what they even want anymore.

They don't really want solutions, they just want you talking about it.

THEY KNOW THERE’S NO BETTER WAY TO ENSURE A GOP VICTORY IN 2016:

Obama Won’t Be Pushing Second Amendment Rollback After Latest Shooting.

So they’ll issue some sound bites, and try some under-the-radar gun control, but nothing more.

They don't really want solutions, they just want you talking about it.

THEY KNOW THERE’S NO BETTER WAY TO ENSURE A GOP VICTORY IN 2016:

Obama Won’t Be Pushing Second Amendment Rollback After Latest Shooting.

So they’ll issue some sound bites, and try some under-the-radar gun control, but nothing more.

I love the way the solutions they pitch in the wake of an event are always "do something that would in no way have prevented the event."

I don't know about you but I would be a little worried if I were a news reporter. I wouldn't be surprised if having this as your last act in life broadcast on live TV as being pretty attractive to many crazies out there.

I agree Chef.

or the "I'm going to film as I'm shooting and post it on youtube"

That sh#t is especially disturbing.

lol at this story being buried already.

I'm not saying I want the media to be broadcasting this gay, black killer's name (just refer to him anonymously as the "gay black killer"), but I want them to report on this story for the amount of days they would report it if the guy had been white and straight and the victims had been black.

lol at this story being buried already.

I'm not saying I want the media to be broadcasting this gay, black killer's name (just refer to him anonymously as the "gay black killer"), but I want them to report on this story for the amount of days they would report it if the guy had been white and straight and the victims had been black.

In fairness, it had to take a backseat to the black guy who murdered the sheriff's deputy yesterday by walking up behind him at a gas station to murder him.

No. Wait. I could have sworn there was a story about that somewhere yesterday. Must have been my imagination.

In fairness, it had to take a backseat to the black guy who murdered the sheriff's deputy yesterday by walking up behind him at a gas station to murder him.

No. Wait. I could have sworn there was a story about that somewhere yesterday. Must have been my imagination.

lol, great point. even THAT story is getting buried now.

Awesome work by the federal government and Big Media telling black people that every cop is racist and out to get them. :thumbsup:

Awesome work by the federal government and Big Media telling black people that every cop is racist and out to get them. :thumbsup:

And if he didn't have the gun, he would have stabbed him w/a broken bottle. Maybe swung a telephone pole @ him.

I don't think they needed The Fed and Big Media to get this message through. You think? You have obviously never lived in an AA's shoes and dealt w/the cops. I haven't either, but I have probably seen it more. All this sure doesn't mean to go out there and kill cops, but there are some out that will gun down authority. Sad, but it is the wild west world we live in. It is a sick crime of opportunity. Most likely gang related. Gangs hate competition, ie: The cops.

BUT, if you gotta blame somebody... Blame away. Last time I looked it was some dirtball cop-killer pulling the trigger. Of course it was racial, the victim is a white cop, the killer black. Why didn't he pick a black cop?

Let's take chaos and try and put it into some rational order. Yeah, that will do. What you are doing is no different than what the gun stealing Libs do by blaming that there are too many guns and easy access to them out there on the streets.

BUT, if you gotta blame somebody... Blame away. Last time I looked it was some dirtball cop-killer pulling the trigger. Of course it was racial, the victim is a white cop, the killer black. Why didn't he pick a black cop?

If you have to blame somebody...blame guns. It's never the shooter's fault, only the gun's.

If you have to blame somebody...blame guns. It's never the shooter's fault, only the gun's.

Didn't I kind of? But if he didn't shoot him w/a gun, he would have swung the telephone pole @ the cop.

The problem is the equation out there. Both sides of an equation have to be balanced... Or sorta balanced. Society can't have a wild west mentality and not expect somebody to lash out against authority. Of course this is a big deal for the individual tragedy. I am not saying this is right, but there is a whole anti-authority crowd out there that is probably rejoicing... Totally sick. Helter Skelter?

You think the cops want lax gun control? Of course not. I guess you never watched old Dragnet episodes... LoL I jest but really.

It is what it is. Try telling that to the widows and orphans. Maybe this dude was reading one of TYTT's anti-authority posts and took it literally.

Maybe he shot the sheriff but didn't shoot the deputy. Maybe he was listening to too much Bob Marley? If he is guilty... He will pay.

There is always something to blame. The pragmatic approach would be to take your chances against a swinging telephone pole. Not an deadly efficient weapon like a firearm. Even in the old west, one checked their guns @ the door of the saloon. Society is NOW that saloon.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Didn't I kind of? But if he didn't shoot him w/a gun, he would have swung the telephone pole @ the cop.

The problem is the equation out there. Both sides of an equation have to be balanced... Or sorta balanced. Society can't have a wild west mentality and not expect somebody to lash out against authority. Of course this is a big deal for the individual tragedy. I am not saying this is right, but there is a whole anti-authority crowd out there that is probably rejoicing... Totally sick. Helter Skelter?

You think the cops want lax gun control? Of course not. I guess you never watched old Dragnet episodes... LoL I jest but really.

It is what it is. Try telling that to the widows and orphans. Maybe this dude was reading one of TYTT's anti-authority posts and took it literally.

Maybe he shot the sheriff but didn't shoot the deputy. Maybe he was listening to too much Bob Marley? If he is guilty... He will pay.

There is always something to blame. The pragmatic approach would be to take your chances against a swinging telephone pole. Not an deadly efficient weapon like a firearm. Even in the old west, one checked their guns @ the door of the saloon. Society is NOW that saloon.

So what should be changed to reduce crimes like this?

Nothing will reduce crimes like this. We went down the worm hole. We just have to deal with and move on. It is what it is. What are you going to do, come for people's guns... That ain't going to work. What are you going to do? Stop anti-authority people from hating cops? That ain't going to happen. Fighting tyranny is an American birthright. Just look @ the nut job anti-authority people here.

As long as you have an deadly efficient killing machine (firearms) and the anti-authority attitude I described above, we will be dealing with these cases from time to time.

Just watch your back @ all times! Stay vigilant. Don't get complacent, etc..

I like the part where he blames the study of classical liberalism for the murder of a cop pumping gas.

A study of the classics, eh? Don't give birdog even a hint of where you might live. On second thought, you've pretty much already given him your GPS coordinates when you told him you live in Rhode Island.