Reporter shot and Killed on Live TV in VA

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have misread Wooderson's post, but I thought he was saying that he watched the video that the shooter had posted. That one would more than likely show you where his initial shots were directed.

I know I have no interest in watching that, but if someone actually did, they might as well end the stupid fight so we don't have to read it anymore.

I'm not sure which video he watched. I would be interested in seeing the video from the shooter's perspective.

I'm not sure which video he watched. I would be interested in seeing the video from the shooter's perspective.

It was the shooter's perspective. He walked up the boardwalk with gun drawn. None of the 3 people even noticed that he was standing there. He had the gun pointed at the female reporter for a good 5-7 seconds before he actually fired. It looked to me like he might've missed the first shot, but then she reacted and started to run and he shot off several more rounds before turning to the cameraman. The video was facing her for the most part so the rest was unknown. It was a :30 video which the shooting probably started at :15. I'm almost positive twitter removed it. Somehow I just happened to see it posted 3 mins after he posted it.

Nope, I still say Coward. Mentally Ill or not, he knew what he was doing.

Well from a legal perspective, if he was legally mentally ill, he would not have known what he was doing.

But I don't want to get into that. I understand the coward reaction to this sort of thing. It's just a coping mechanism for dealing with something that confronts us and which we find horrific and reprehensible.

It's surprising how many people survive self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

I mean, it's not a lot...but it's quite a bit more than you would think.

I went to school with someone who survived a suicide attempt with a shotgun blast to the mouth. I was back east many years ago for my 10 year reunion and he was at a family reunion at the same park (he was a year or two behind me). His face was a mess. :sick:

Well from a legal perspective, if he was legally mentally ill, he would not have known what he was doing.

But I don't want to get into that. I understand the coward reaction to this sort of thing. It's just a coping mechanism for dealing with something that confronts us and which we find horrific and reprehensible.

Or, you know...it's that people think he's a coward for walking up behind a group of unsuspecting people, shooting them, attempting to run away, and then shooting himself when it appears he will be caught.

Sorry, not a whole lot of psychological digging needed to figure that one out.

oh i am sure, but i guess i was coming from a more "cosmic karma" type thing...why couldn't the stars or whatever higher body aligned to cause him to fail while shooting the other 3 people.

It's surprising how many people survive self-inflicted gunshot wounds.

I mean, it's not a lot...but it's quite a bit more than you would think.

oh i am sure, but i guess i was coming from a more "cosmic karma" type thing...why couldn't the stars or whatever higher body aligned to cause him to fail while shooting the other 3 people.

Oh I hope he survives and spends the rest of his life in a shithole prison with debilitating pain from the attempt.

Or, you know...it's that people think he's a coward for walking up behind a group of unsuspecting people, shooting them, attempting to run away, and then shooting himself when it appears he will be caught.

Sorry, not a whole lot of psychological digging needed to figure that one out.

You're pre-supposing that the shooter is sane and thinking the way you were when you wrote your post.

I am assuming he is not sane and so labeling him a coward is not really appropriate or correct.

Of course, neither of us knows for sure if he is sane or insane. We can guess though based on the information at hand.

Oh I hope he survives and spends the rest of his life in a shithole prison with debilitating pain from the attempt.

Because that will help his mental illness how?

I agree he should be removed from society but throwing him in jail isn't going to bring the people back or do anything positive for anyone.

You're pre-supposing that the shooter is sane and thinking the way you were when you wrote your post.

I am assuming he is not sane and so labeling him a coward is not really appropriate or correct.

Of course, neither of us knows for sure if he is sane or insane. We can guess though based on the information at hand.

He can't be cowardly and insane? I think you're trying too hard. I don't care at all about his sanity. Edited by Acantha

Because that will help his mental illness how?

I agree he should be removed from society but throwing him in jail isn't going to bring the people back or do anything positive for anyone.

Everyone has an excuse nowadays. Criminals are criminals.

Send his ass to Texas. Sizzle sizzle.

Everyone has an excuse nowadays. Criminals are criminals.

Send his ass to Texas. Sizzle sizzle.

Mental illness is such a cop out in this one. If he's mentally ill then we might as well say the same exact thing for every single murder out there. This isn't someone shooting up a random movie theater or a school. This is a guy going after a very specific target that he had a history with.

I agree.

I thought your observation was humorous, but even my embracing of gallows humor didn't extend as far as responding with a laughing emoji.