Reporter shot and Killed on Live TV in VA

Or maybe he wouldn't have because it would have been so damn hard. Guns just like suicide can make the sitiation impulsive. Of course couple both together and you have a quick answer. Of course they both may find another way to do what they are thinking, but the idea is to make it as hard as possible so a person gets discouraged and their impulse control (or lack of) is not a factor.

Or he gets in his car and drives through your kid's parade.

Stop trying to stop human beings from committing violence. It's been around since the dawn of man and it's never going to stop.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or he gets in his car and drives through your kid's parade.

Stop trying to stop human beings from committing violence. It's been around since the dawn of man and it's never going to stop.

Exactly, the worst acts of violence weren't even committed with guns.

It's not that dangerous where we live just where she has to drive through to get home. We have a world class view of the SF Bay, Downtown SF, The Bay and GG bridges and a house that's nearly doubled in value since we bought it 3 years ago.

I own bridges?

Oh, yes.

Would you like to buy one?

I am not trying to stop it totally... Just slow the game down.

Statistically, if you're not in the drug/gang business you are in virtually no more danger of being involved in a gun crime than you would be if you lived in any other civilized country in the world, regardless of their gun laws.

I guarantee when the profile of this !@#$tard comes out, there will have been numerous "incidents" or observed behaviors that should have been gigantic red flags but people just let them pass.

Only a racist would make this about race. It's about someone with a mental problem who cracked.

If the killer was a white man and the reporter and camera man were black, virtually NO ONE would be talking about how the shooter had mental health problems.

And Al Sharpton would be setting up his show at that TV station before the lunch truck was gone.

Precisely how do you propose we "remove (the) easy access" to a gun in a way that would have prevented him from getting a gun to do this job?

I'm all ears.

Im not a law expert, but quickly off the top of my head since you asked... I'd say stricter policies of who can buy guns based on a mental health/red flag database of some sort. Hear me out...

When they fired this guy, the employer thought it would be best to do it with a completely empty building and with local police present for fear there would be a violent incident. If such a database or infrastructure were present, he would have been flagged as potentially violent by his employer and/or the police and not allowed to purchase a gun.

Look, Im an idiot and I can come up with pretty simple (theoretical) solutions.

Of course, it would mean this country start taking mental illness seriously, and it would take all the paranoid gun nuts not losing their mind that someone is after their little killing machines, just to prevent the crazies that they denounce every time something like this happens from joining their group of "gun owners".

Hey !@#$. This guy wanted to kill people. If someone is willing to kill people, they don't need anything beyond a kitchen knife and no amount of words written on a piece of paper is going to stop someone like that. And any marginally trained soldier could show you how easy it is to kill a large number of people who don't know how to defend themselves with nothing more than an edged weapon.

PERIOD.

If blades work so well at killing than why do you need guns? Besides to make yourself feel like you have a working penis, of course.

Is there no credence to the phrase "Bringing a knife to a gunfight"? That's a level playing field in your opinion? Guns dont make killing any easier? That's really what you are arguing?

Get a grip.

Im not trying to take your guns away, just make it harder for people to kill so easily.

Statistically, if you're not in the drug/gang business you are in virtually no more danger of being involved in a gun crime than you would be if you lived in any other civilized country in the world, regardless of their gun laws.

I guarantee when the profile of this !@#$tard comes out, there will have been numerous "incidents" or observed behaviors that should have been gigantic red flags but people just let them pass.

You are correct. There is a history of issues, and recent ones at that (see above). People didnt "let them pass", there is simply nothing for them to do about it. No where to report or log it. So shouldnt there be a system in place to prevent guys like this from simply walking into a store and buying a gun?

Dont you want to prevent more idiots from giving you responsible gun owners such bad names?

Edited by DrDareustein

Only a racist would make this about race. It's about someone with a mental problem who cracked.

Jesus H. Christ

Im not a law expert, but quickly off the top of my head since you asked... I'd say stricter policies of who can buy guns based on a mental health/red flag database of some sort. Hear me out...

When they fired this guy, the employer thought it would be best to do it with a completely empty building and with local police present for fear there would be a violent incident. If such a database or infrastructure were present, he would have been flagged as potentially violent by his employer and/or the police and not allowed to purchase a gun.

Look, Im an idiot and I can come up with pretty simple (theoretical) solutions.

Of course, it would mean this country start taking mental illness seriously, and it would take all the paranoid gun nuts not losing their mind that someone is after their little killing machines, just to prevent the crazies that they denounce every time something like this happens from joining their group of "gun owners".

If blades work so well at killing than why do you need guns? Besides to make yourself feel like you have a working penis, of course.

Is there no credence to the phrase "Bringing a knife to a gunfight"? That's a level playing field in your opinion? Guns dont make killing any easier? That's really what you are arguing?

Get a grip.

Im not trying to take your guns away, just make it harder for people to kill so easily.

You are correct. There is a history of issues, and recent ones at that (see above). So shouldnt there be a system in place to prevent guys like this from simply walking into a store and buying a gun?

You mean like the 20,000 laws already on the books? It's nice to know you're retarded about every single issue, not just one.

There are 300,000,000+ people in this country. At least one of them was willing to load a truck with fertilizer and fuel and blow up a building. 19 were willing to give their lives to kill thousands. Your "solutions" are nothing more than a panacea to help the terminally stupid feel better but YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO STOP PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KILL SOMEONE FROM DOING IT.

There's a reason that police only arrest 1% of the criminals in the world while they're committing the actual crime. Try to figure it out, brainiac.

Jesus H. Christ

You mean like the 20,000 laws already on the books? It's nice to know you're retarded about every single issue, not just one.

There are 300,000,000+ people in this country. At least one of them was willing to load a truck with fertilizer and fuel and blow up a building. 19 were willing to give their lives to kill thousands. Your "solutions" are nothing more than a panacea to help the terminally stupid feel better but YOU ARE NEVER GOING TO STOP PEOPLE WHO WANT TO KILL SOMEONE FROM DOING IT.

There's a reason that police only arrest 1% of the criminals in the world while they're committing the actual crime. Try to figure it out, brainiac.

Your level-headed and rational replies really set a good example of responsible gun owners who have no chance of flying off the handle. Nice job.

It's like you dont even read my posts. You just react because youre so afraid of someone taking away your penis replacement. Dont worry, it wont happen. Certainly not in your (remaining) lifetime.

Go back to humping polar bears, no one will take your murder toys.

Edited by DrDareustein

Of course, it would mean this country start taking mental illness seriously

This guy wanted people dead. Making him get a gun illegally wasn't going to slow him down enough to stop him. And even if it did, will it stop all the mentally ill who want to kill someone with a gun?

No.

And please spare me the whole "if we can save one life" crap. Half the usless laws on the book started with some idiot standing at a mic saying "If this law can just save one life..."

I own bridges?

Oh, yes.

Would you like to buy one?

You'll notice the lack of 's after GG in my post. :D

George Harrison reminds of Jayden Smith. Not because they say hilarious things, but because both of them are annoying and should shut up.

George has been silenced.

Why? Maybe some video game developer can grab the footage and incorporate it into a first person shooter.

/end_sarcasm

it's already been added to techno music and such. there are some pretty interesting spoofs of it already

and there have been mods made for most games, too.

and, i will not post it, but there is a spoof of the gunman holding the weapon and it covered like it was Doom2.

This guy wanted people dead. Making him get a gun illegally wasn't going to slow him down enough to stop him. And even if it did, will it stop all the mentally ill who want to kill someone with a gun?

No.

And please spare me the whole "if we can save one life" crap. Half the usless laws on the book started with some idiot standing at a mic saying "If this law can just save one life..."

So what's your idea then? Give everyone (including all the people out there like this guy) guns? Have one big, nation-wide shoot out where only the good guys survive?

Something needs to be fixed. I've already conceded I'm not proposing anything ridiculous like banning all guns. Im trying to have a discussion on this but you guys get way too riled up about your precious guns.

Do you guys have any ideas? Or are you just here to pretend like there isnt a problem?

Edited by DrDareustein

So what's your idea then? Give everyone (including all the people out there like this guy) guns? Have one big, nation-wide shoot out where only the good guys survive?

Something needs to be fixed. I've already conceded I'm not proposing anything ridiculous like banning all guns. Im trying to have a discussion on this but you guys get way too riled up about your precious guns.

Do you guys have any ideas? Or are you just here to pretend like there isnt a problem?

Guns have been around for centuries, crazy people have been around for millennia. Yet we're seeing a spike in crazies killing people with guns. Don't you think it is time to reexamine the cause?

Guns have been around for centuries, crazy people have been around for millennia. Yet we're seeing a spike in crazies killing people with guns. Don't you think it is time to reexamine the cause?

Sure! Im the one that's open to ideas here. What are you proposing the cause is?