8-25: Bills' Final Training Camp Practice - 10 AM to 12 PM

@TyDunne

Rex on QB's: This is the scenario I wanted. I wanted all three to perform well and they have.

I thought at the beginning of TC that they would all be mediocre, and no oone would separate. Now at the end they have all played well, and no one has separated. I have been pleasantly surprised, but I really just want a TD from the first team offense now.

Edited by YattaOkasan

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny observation today: Boobie Dixon was doing individual drills on the side not in pads, Sammy was with him in full pads. Boobie is smiling and laughing and hamming it up with everyone and Sammy is dead serious and focused on doing everything perfectly.

Complete opposites.

P.S Marcel's butt is even bigger up close than it looks on TV. No wonder nobody can move the guy. Can't help but think what kind of a LG he would make if his coaches put him there way back when.

so if you were there, can you clear up how the TT pass to Flash was poorly thrown if it hit Flash in the chest???

Funny observation today: Boobie Dixon was doing individual drills on the side not in pads, Sammy was with him in full pads. Boobie is smiling and laughing and hamming it up with everyone and Sammy is dead serious and focused on doing everything perfectly.

Complete opposites.

P.S Marcel's butt is even bigger up close than it looks on TV. No wonder nobody can move the guy. Can't help but think what kind of a LG he would make if his coaches put him there way back when.

While I like that we have enough positives in 3 QBs to warrant significant playing time for all of them in the 3rd preseason game, it's also problematic. This is the game when the starters give their longest preseason action to prepare for the regular season, and not having a clear starter or even backup could negatively impact timing and symmetry.

After this, even if the game itself has no definitive winner in the competition, I want a starter to be taking 80% of the 1st team reps. I know he wants to milk this out until September 13th, but make a decision already, Rex.

perhaps Rex is holding out to maintain a competitive advantage going into week 1, we'll see

perhaps Rex is holding out to maintain a competitive advantage going into week 1, we'll see

thats exactly what he is doing. Nothing to see here.

They have 2.5 weeks of closed practices after this. They will know who the starter is, and that guy will get the 1st team reps. We all want to know, the media wants to know, but there is zero benefit to making it public knowledge. As long as the team knows, that's all that matters.

Urban Meyer is doing the same at OSU. He said we will

know at game time Sept 7th. It is maddening for a fan. Yet respectable.

Welcome back!!!

I'd really like a glass of wet water.

Just because you seem intent on picking at the details for the sake of making yourself feel important:

According to Webster's Dictionary: brash - confident and aggressive in usually a rude or unpleasant way

: very strong or harsh

bravado - confident or brave talk or behavior that is intended to impress other people

So, in other words Rex was aggressive, and strong in a manner intended to demonstrate confidence to impress those listening.

My choice of words was more succinct. However, please, feel free to enjoy your glass of "wet water" while you stroke your ego to try and feel superior by making an inept attempt at picking at the yarn of other people's observations.

I especially like the players' recognition that this coaching staff is actually TEACHING actionable skills, which could be a condemnation of the past regime. I also see Rex's positive attitude as infectious, unlike Dour Doug

Agreed on both counts!! It's good to feel the excitement of the players and their joy of playing the GAME once again. I realize it's a business but it is still a game that is to be played and that seems to ring true with Rex.

Edited by BigBuff423

thats exactly what he is doing. Nothing to see here.

They have 2.5 weeks of closed practices after this. They will know who the starter is, and that guy will get the 1st team reps. We all want to know, the media wants to know, but there is zero benefit to making it public knowledge. As long as the team knows, that's all that matters.

Urban Meyer is doing the same at OSU. He said we will

know at game time Sept 7th. It is maddening for a fan. Yet respectable.

If the team knows, then someone will anonymously let the cat out of the bag. Not sure I agree that what Rex and Urban are doing is respectable if they let it linger longer. Make a decision and let the team invest in their new leader. WRT the buckeyes, what is going on down there in Cbus that Cardale Jones is not the starter? I understand last year and the injury to JT, etc but why is Meyer considering taking the ball out of Cardale's hands?

If the team knows, then someone will anonymously let the cat out of the bag. Not sure I agree that what Rex and Urban are doing is respectable if they let it linger longer. Make a decision and let the team invest in their new leader. WRT the buckeyes, what is going on down there in Cbus that Cardale Jones is not the starter? I understand last year and the injury to JT, etc but why is Meyer considering taking the ball out of Cardale's hands?

jones was the backup and needs to win the job in camp. Maybe he will, maybe he won't. Nothing is guaranteed. Everything is earned. Last year was last year.

Also - maybe urban and the staff knows they are going to play Cardale. Why would they want va tech to know that?

Both coaches can make a decision and let the team know without making it public. It won't leak in Cbus because urban would just threaten to take playing time away from whoever says anything and playing time is everything at osu. Also the players understand "competitive advantage." If it leaks in buffalo, then it does. Why announce it though?

Edited by YoloinOhio

The players seem invested in Roman's scheme and have responded well to all 3 QBs, so I don't think it's an issue at all.

Meyer's scheme manufactures great college QBs, so I think they're OK, too. Everyone is jumping on the Jones bandwagon, but JT looked just as good to me, if not better.

The players seem invested in Roman's scheme and have responded well to all 3 QBs, so I don't think it's an issue at all.

Meyer's scheme manufactures great college QBs, so I think they're OK, too. Everyone is jumping on the Jones bandwagon, but JT looked just as good to me, if not better.

did you know the Steelers just signed your namesake? After the pouncey injury.