8-25: Bills' Final Training Camp Practice - 10 AM to 12 PM

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A lot of people making a big deal out of who is getting 1st team offense reps. Perhaps they should be more focused on who is getting reps against the 1st team defense. This is 3rd time I have seen EJ taking 3rd team reps against the 1st team defense, while Cassel and Taylor are competing against the backups on D.

That Rex is a trickster.

Edited by Rockinon

A lot of people making a big deal out of who is getting 1st team offense reps. Perhaps they should be more focused on who is getting reps against the 1st team defense. This is 3rd time I have seen EJ taking 3rd team reps against the 1st team defense, while Cassel and Taylor are competing against the backups on D.

That's how scout teams work. In Baltimore Tyrod always practiced against the 1st string D.

It makes sense to me that EJ would run scout team today against the 1st team D since he most resembles Luck with respect to physical stature and arm talent.

Yeah, I'm guessing it was placed poorly and Goodwin adjusted but couldn't get his hands on it, just his chest. I don't know, it seems odd, but it probably makes sense if you see it

I don't understand this at all. But my bottom line is this is the NFL - QB got pressure, got to throw on the run, Receiver gets jammed on the line and is a little slow to get to his spot or takes off like a bat out of hell with some extra adrenaline - if the ball gets close enough to hit the receiver anywhere but the back of his head, he's gotta catch it.

Hit the Juggs machine, Flash

Edited by Hopeful

I don't understand this at all. But my bottom line is this is the NFL - QB got pressure, got to throw on the run, if the ball gets close enough to hit the receiver anywhere but the back of his head, he's gotta catch it.

Hit the Juggs machine, Flash

I don't disagree, but I hate when I can't even visualize how a play happened.

It makes sense to me that EJ would run scout team today against the 1st team D since he most resembles Luck with respect to physical stature and arm talent.

Yea, that does sound right. Now I understand what they were saying about him doing his best Andrew Luck impersonation.

@ChrisBrownBills

Rex said Charles Clay has a minor knee issue. Pulled out of practice early. Thinks he'll still be ok for Pittsburgh game. #Bills

@mikerodak

Rex says the Bills still haven't decided what they'll do at QB for Saturday. Will make call within next day or so.

@TyDunne

Rex on QB's: This is the scenario I wanted. I wanted all three to perform well and they have.

@SalSports

Rex in response to EJ not getting same 1st team reps: "We'll see how it goes Thursday. But you guys won't be there, so who cares?" (Laughs)

@viccarucci

"Barring an unforeseen thing," Rex Ryan expects Seantrel Henderson to start at RT for #Bills this season.

@SalSports

Rex on TE competition: It's going to be tough to make this team. Says he's really liked Gragg lately.

@mikerodak

Rex asked if Nick O'Leary has done enough to make the team. "I don't know," he responds.

Is this just to give the secondary work or is the starting front line actually trying to get to EJ?