8-25: Bills' Final Training Camp Practice - 10 AM to 12 PM

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The closer we get to the first game, the more it seems surreal....Marrone left on a midnight train to nowhere, Rex entered with his brash bravado and Greg Roman has given the fans the first sense of hope for an NFL quality Offense in quite some time. There is a great deal of anxiety about the QB situation (God, that gets old to rehash every freakin' year) but otherwise, there is an incredible amount of hope and promise that comes with the first game. This might be the best coaching staff the team has had since Marv retired and that, more than anything else gives me some faith in the season. Players and their talent of course is really big, but as we all have seen - good or great coaches get the most from the players they have and given the plethora of talent for the BILLS, it would seem a good coach could make the most of it and bring this team into the post-season. Bring on Pitt and let's go!

I have but one word to add...

19 and 0, baby!!!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

Welcome back!!!

The closer we get to the first game, the more it seems surreal....Marrone left on a midnight train to nowhere, Rex entered with his brash bravado and Greg Roman has given the fans the first sense of hope for an NFL quality Offense in quite some time. There is a great deal of anxiety about the QB situation (God, that gets old to rehash every freakin' year) but otherwise, there is an incredible amount of hope and promise that comes with the first game. This might be the best coaching staff the team has had since Marv retired and that, more than anything else gives me some faith in the season. Players and their talent of course is really big, but as we all have seen - good or great coaches get the most from the players they have and given the plethora of talent for the BILLS, it would seem a good coach could make the most of it and bring this team into the post-season. Bring on Pitt and let's go!

I'd really like a glass of wet water.

While I like that we have enough positives in 3 QBs to warrant significant playing time for all of them in the 3rd preseason game, it's also problematic. This is the game when the starters give their longest preseason action to prepare for the regular season, and not having a clear starter or even backup could negatively impact timing and symmetry.

After this, even if the game itself has no definitive winner in the competition, I want a starter to be taking 80% of the 1st team reps. I know he wants to milk this out until September 13th, but make a decision already, Rex.

While I like that we have enough positives in 3 QBs to warrant significant playing time for all of them in the 3rd preseason game, it's also problematic. This is the game when the starters give their longest preseason action to prepare for the regular season, and not having a clear starter or even backup could negatively impact timing and symmetry.

After this, even if the game itself has no definitive winner in the competition, I want a starter to be taking 80% of the 1st team reps. I know he wants to milk this out until September 13th, but make a decision already, Rex.

I know what you're saying.

Personally, I think the whole preparation aspect of the 3rd preseason game is overstated. I like the idea of letting each guy get a series or two with the 1's...let 'em show their stuff against a creative defensive scheme loaded with young play-makers in the front 7.

After Saturday, they've got 2 full weeks to handle game prep for Indy.

I especially like the players' recognition that this coaching staff is actually TEACHING actionable skills, which could be a condemnation of the past regime. I also see Rex's positive attitude as infectious, unlike Dour Doug