EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm okay with Tyrod, it's just that I expect him to either tear an ACL, or separate a shoulder by week 5, and want EJ to get his shot at that point.

I agree too, but on this board people will just tell you that you don't know what we were talking about.. I said we should take mike Evans in the draft because Watkins style of play will make him susceptible to injury. I was basically booed off the board.. But, I think you are correct. Taylor isn't built for the punishment that he will take with his style of play Edited by SJDK

Never realized there were so many Manuelites. Must have bought his jersey and don't want to switch again. I sympathize, but you need to put the team ahead of your own interests.

This anti Manuelite trolling by you is heeeeeelarious. Let it out. Have a good cry. Sorry Ej improved.

How angry were you while Ej was throwing lasers all over the field ?

No soup for you. Use your eyes captain.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I agree too, but on this board people will just tell you that you don't know what we were talking about.. I said we should take mike Evans in the draft because Watkins style of play will make him susceptible to injury. I was basically booed off the board.. But, I think you are correct. Taylor isn't built for the punishment that he will take with his style of play

What's weird is that more than two thirds of fans on this Bills board still want Tyrod Taylor as their starting QB even after EJ has performed very well in the scrimmage and two preseason games. You look at the size differential, the styles of play, and say that EJ is the perfect prototype of what a long term Superbowl contending franchise QB looks like.

Manuel's performance in that Browns game was a spot-on impression of Ben Rothlesberger and here you have fans and media laughing off the suggestion that EJ is in the mix. Even the ESPN first take clowns were just scoffing at the idea that EJ should still have a chance to start. I feel like I'm living in an upside-down world sometimes with regards to this QB competition. I think that EJ looks to have turned the corner and I really hope that Rex gives him the start against Big Ben's Steelers because if both Taylor and Manuel are franchise QBs in the making, you want the big strong 4th quarter clutch guy as your QB rather than the Russel Wilson type. Did Taylor look smoother? Sure he did, but EJ got the game winning results and he was playing under serious pressure. IMO the "smoother" part will come with time after being allowed to settle into the job.

nah rewatch the game. I thought he played ok the first time I watched. 2nd time, nope. same old EJ.

While re-watching the game, did you see the bad snaps from the centers that EJ handled to not only prevent a TO but to make positive plays? Here's one for you. Thanks Chris Trapasso for being a GREAT media insider. You are fair and balanced.

https://vine.co/v/eDgOjDTmJgO

Edited by the skycap

What's weird is that more than two thirds of fans on this Bills board still want Tyrod Taylor as their starting QB even after EJ has performed very well in the scrimmage and two preseason games. You look at the size differential, the styles of play, and say that EJ is the perfect prototype of what a long term Superbowl contending franchise QB looks like.

Manuel's performance in that Browns game was a spot-on impression of Ben Rothlesberger and here you have fans and media laughing off the suggestion that EJ is in the mix. Even the ESPN first take clowns were just scoffing at the idea that EJ should still have a chance to start. I feel like I'm living in an upside-down world sometimes with regards to this QB competition. I think that EJ looks to have turned the corner and I really hope that Rex gives him the start against Big Ben's Steelers because if both Taylor and Manuel are franchise QBs in the making, you want the big strong 4th quarter clutch guy as your QB rather than the Russel Wilson type. Did Taylor look smoother? Sure he did, but EJ got the game winning results and he was playing under serious pressure. IMO the "smoother" part will come with time after being allowed to settle into the job.

Look, there is nothing I would enjoy more, than to see EJ Manuel succeed. I've always been and still am a big fan of his but to use his success in preseason as proof that he is ready to be a starter is fools gold. What he has done thus far should be expected of a QB of his caliber considering where he was selected. Is it good that he's improving? I guess, it's hard to tell considering who he's playing against. Shouldn't we be holding him to a higher standard? What he has done had been replicated by QBs many times this preseason. Heck, Joe Webb led a game winning TD against the Bills very own defense. Matt McGloin looked solid in his first preseason outing. Chase Daniel led THREE touchdown drives in his mop up duty. Isn't that what we should expect from Manuel? And I know Manuel hasn't had the best players in front of him but Joe Webb, Matt McGloin and Chase Daniels didn't either. Just last night even Bryce Petty looked like a competent QB.

There isn't some media conspiracy against Manuel. The reason the media scoffs at it is he is doing it against guys who won't be in the league. Yea he's had 2 good drives that resulted in TDs. Yes he looks more decisive and has had some better throws. Shouldn't our expectations for Manuel be a bit higher?

As far as the Russell Wilson comment, cmon really? Why the need bash Taylor to make Manuel look good? I'm pretty sure Wilson has led the most comeback victories in his 4 years in the league.

EJ deserves first place under the principle of "eminent domain".

"The power of the state to take private property for the public use with payment of compensation to the owner"

THE POWER OF EJ TO TAKE FIRST POSITION FOR THE TEAM WITH PAYMENT OF PERFORMANCE TO THE TEAM.

In other word, EJ DESERVES first crack at number one quarterback, three year team player.

At

Look, there is nothing I would enjoy more, than to see EJ Manuel succeed. I've always been and still am a big fan of his but to use his success in preseason as proof that he is ready to be a starter is fools gold. What he has done thus far should be expected of a QB of his caliber considering where he was selected. Is it good that he's improving? I guess, it's hard to tell considering who he's playing against. Shouldn't we be holding him to a higher standard? What he has done had been replicated by QBs many times this preseason. Heck, Joe Webb led a game winning TD against the Bills very own defense. Matt McGloin looked solid in his first preseason outing. Chase Daniel led THREE touchdown drives in his mop up duty. Isn't that what we should expect from Manuel? And I know Manuel hasn't had the best players in front of him but Joe Webb, Matt McGloin and Chase Daniels didn't either. Just last night even Bryce Petty looked like a competent QB.

There isn't some media conspiracy against Manuel. The reason the media scoffs at it is he is doing it against guys who won't be in the league. Yea he's had 2 good drives that resulted in TDs. Yes he looks more decisive and has had some better throws. Shouldn't our expectations for Manuel be a bit higher?

As far as the Russell Wilson comment, cmon really? Why the need bash Taylor to make Manuel look good? I'm pretty sure Wilson has led the most comeback victories in his 4 years in the league.

The only problem I have with this statement is basing what he should be expected to do because of where he was drafted. He didn't draft himself 16th overall. And everyone said he was going to be a project/raw QB that needed to be coached up. So I don't think he should be held to a higher standard than the other two who have been in the league longer and have learned under two great QBs and offensive systems.

Edited by The Wiz

That wasn't a bash on Wilson, it was a preference of what most fans would like as your franchise QB. Russell Wilson types have a much greater chance of having a shorter career by four or five years given their size and running around a lot with the ball.

As for the other QBs you mentioned, none of them were drafted in the first round with the expectation of becoming a franchise QB after two or three years. They are quality backups who had good games, nothing more. With Manuel, you have a guy that Mike Mayock said would take a few years to develop, but if or when he did he would become a long term franchise QB you could win with. That is the difference between these performances and it's a big one considering the Bills did draft him in the first round with the expectation of developing him for a couple of years.

Manuel's performance in that Browns game was a spot-on impression of Ben Rothlesberger.

Maybe the Steelers will trade QB's with us then so they can have the younger version of him and we can go win a Superbowl? Come on man...

EJ looked abolutely nothing like Big Ben. Ben is notorious for avoiding the pass rush and then throwing a bomb on the same play. EJ hasn't learned the first part of that well enough yet. He is nowhere near Ben R. EJ looks more accurate than he has in the past, but his pocket awareness looks the exact same to me as it did last year (which is not very good by the way). = Backup for now.

While re-watching the game, did you see the bad snaps from the centers that EJ handled to not only prevent a TO but to make positive plays? Here's one for you. Thanks Chris Trapasso for being a GREAT media insider. You are fair and balanced.

https://vine.co/v/eDgOjDTmJgO

I noticed that during the game. That was definitely impressive how he one handed that and made it look like it was second nature.

The only problem I have with this statement is basing what he should be expected to do because of where he was drafted. He didn't draft himself 16th overall. And everyone said he was going to be a project/raw QB that needed to be coached up. So I don't think he should be held to a higher standard than the other two who have been in the league longer and have learned under two great QBs and offensive systems.

I don't think he should be held to a higher standard either. I wasn't saying that. I was saying shouldn't we be expecting what he's done this far as normal seeing as who his competition has been against. I wasn't comparing him to Taylor or Cassel.

Maybe the Steelers will trade QB's with us then so they can have the younger version of him and we can go win a Superbowl? Come on man...

EJ looked abolutely nothing like Big Ben. Ben is notorious for avoiding the pass rush and then throwing a bomb on the same play. EJ hasn't learned the first part of that well enough yet. He is nowhere near Ben R. EJ looks more accurate than he has in the past, but his pocket awareness looks the exact same to me as it did last year (which is not very good by the way). = Backup for now.

Not disagreeing with you, he isn't Big Ben, but did you see the TD vs. Carolina. Did you see him escaping the relentless and uncontested pass rush Thirsday? It at the least, resembled Ben

It's on tape for all to judge how "Ben Rothlesberger" EJ was in the Browns game. FWIW, when EJ was drafted he described himself as being the mold of Big Ben. I would love to see him start against the Steelers because I think he's going to play great.