EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

Do you remember last years preseason when Marrone gave EJ like two series in each preseason game. What was up with that, EJ needed the work then but St. Doug was like obstinate to not play him.

Yep, but whilst Marrone didn't love EJ at the time his back ups were Thad Lewis, Tuel, and then briefly Palmer. If EJ went down at that point then we'd have been 0-4 before Orton was ready to take a meaningful snap.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

show me a link to audio of Rex saying EJ is #3 please and then I'll believe it.

You aren't going to see that. That's not the way that stories break in sports. It just doesn't work like that. Credible reporters (like Cole, Glazer, etc...) work their contacts to get the info. There is nothing to be gained by Rex by releasing it. He has already said that he won't.

The report is that Rex prefers Tyrod (no surprise) and the "other" coaches Cassel. Now who the "other" coaches are hasn't been defined. Metz is saying that Roman (at least before the other night) is firmly a Cassel guy. It will play itself out but if you are waiting for Rex to make an announcement you may be waiting until they run out of the tunnel vs. Indy.

so all the proof you have is what? a hunch or rumor or innuendo?

Post a LINK to the report please!!!

Even it were shown to you, you would not believe it and would still continue to argue for your crusade. :wallbash:

like your crusade to say EJ sucks?

so all the proof you have is what? a hunch or rumor or innuendo?

Post a LINK to the report please!!!

It's been talked about in several threads. The report exists. I saw it. It's a video anyway and other people referencing it. He mentions people he spoke to and other reporters. Look it up yourself.

It's been talked about in several threads. The report exists. I saw it. It's a video anyway and other people referencing it. He mentions people he spoke to and other reporters. Look it up yourself.

Why is it so hard to get a video of Rex himself saying this? Why do I need to PM someone on an open public forum?

but enough I have to try to ignore those posting the stories w/o accessible data

Why is it so hard to get a video of Rex himself saying this? Why do I need to PM someone on an open public forum?

but enough I have to try to ignore those posting the stories w/o accessible data

Because Rex hasn't said it. However, there are people out there reporting that to be the case... or at least that it was the case before Thursday.

Maybe Roman (or his agent) wanted to spread that rumor to cover his bases in the even that Taylor doesn't do well. Roman wants to be a head coach one day and he may not want to be totally "on the hook" with an unproven QB like Taylor. Best to leave who he likes as vague as possible in public opinion.

It sounds like someone wanted this specific information out there so I look at it with a suspicious eye.

Maybe Roman (or his agent) wanted to spread that rumor to cover his bases in the even that Taylor doesn't do well. Roman wants to be a head coach one day and he may not want to be totally "on the hook" with an unproven QB like Taylor. Best to leave who he likes as vague as possible in public opinion.

It sounds like someone wanted this specific information out there so I look at it with a suspicious eye.

You never know with any report like that. I have a couple very good sources that feed insider type information. But they will be the first to tell you that all information is put out for a reason. It doesn't mean it is or isn't true, but that unless you are Rex or Whaley yourself, or in that room, you don't know the truth or whole story. A lot of times this stuff is true, and a lot of times it's not. The national guys often get their inside dope from agents, and I don't trust agents any more than a politician.

That isn't the most ridiculous theory in this thread that is for sure.

You never know with any report like that. I have a couple very good sources that feed insider type information. But they will be the first to tell you that all information is put out for a reason. It doesn't mean it is or isn't true, but that unless you are Rex or Whaley yourself, or in that room, you don't know the truth or whole story. A lot of times this stuff is true, and a lot of times it's not. The national guys often get their inside dope from agents, and I don't trust agents any more than a politician.

I really find it hard to believe that Rex and Roman aren't on the same page. So I think what you are saying sounds very reasonable that there's just as good of a chance it's misinformation that it's the truth about what's going on.

Before the OTAs even started a few of us discussed what will happen if Rex wants one guy to start and his OC Roman lobbies hard for another guy. At the time I thought that perhaps Rex would acquiesce and allow his OC to choose his own guy. And this was only because of Roman's track record and reputation and specific kind of offense. I would not think this would be the case with, say, Brian Schottenheimer or Marty Mohrinweig when Rex was with the Jets.

Now I'm not so sure. And it depends on how much is the disparity between the two guys in Roman's case (if, indeed it is Roman who wants Cassel and Ryan that wants Taylor. I am not just assuming that is true.)

I don't know but I actually believe the team doesn't know who is going to start yet and won't make a real decision until after the Steeler game.

I really find it hard to believe that Rex and Roman aren't on the same page. So I think what you are saying sounds very reasonable that there's just as good of a chance it's misinformation that it's the truth about what's going on.

I think it's very easy to believe. Not an argument, just one guys thinks A is slightly better suited and the other guy thinks B is slightly better suited. That's easily imagined to me.

Before the OTAs even started a few of us discussed what will happen if Rex wants one guy to start and his OC Roman lobbies hard for another guy. At the time I thought that perhaps Rex would acquiesce and allow his OC to choose his own guy. And this was only because of Roman's track record and reputation and specific kind of offense. I would not think this would be the case with, say, Brian Schottenheimer or Marty Mohrinweig when Rex was with the Jets.

Now I'm not so sure. And it depends on how much is the disparity between the two guys in Roman's case (if, indeed it is Roman who wants Cassel and Ryan that wants Taylor. I am not just assuming that is true.)

I don't know but I actually believe the team doesn't know who is going to start yet and won't make a real decision until after the Steeler game.

I think it's very easy to believe. Not an argument, just one guys thinks A is slightly better suited and the other guy thinks B is slightly better suited. That's easily imagined to me.

I think all the talk of Cassel being a potential starter is a ruse by the Bills. There is no way I could see Greg Roman wanting a stationary journeyman backup QB like Cassel over what Taylor brings. Especially given the misdirection plays in his playbook and combining Taylor with what Harvin, Watkins, Clay, and McCoy bring. All that creativity goes out the window with a Matt Cassel. That why I think it's all a ruse. It seem like Rex is trying to sell the QB competition too much. Also, if there really was a battle of opinion going on between coaches I don't think you'd see a joking Rex when talking about the subject. So much intrigue!...LOL

Question? Who is going to be the best dink and dunk ball control QB we have with the ability to deliver a ball down the field when we get a favorable coverage to keep a defense honest. Which of the 3 is best suited for that? Thoughts and why.

Question? Who is going to be the best dink and dunk ball control QB we have with the ability to deliver a ball down the field when we get a favorable coverage to keep a defense honest. Which of the 3 is best suited for that? Thoughts and why.

Great question. I would think that's Cassel. The safe guy who is probably the best at reading defenses. Unfortunately.

But if it gets the job done then so be it.

Great question. I would think that's Cassel. The safe guy who is probably the best at reading defenses. Unfortunately.

But if it gets the job done then so be it.

Agreed all though not sure about him pushing it down the field to keep the defense honest.

Why don't we have a backup LT? We put that scrub johnson at LT and he was blown by every play.

Contrary to Gruden's facile analysis, the Browns werent blitzing. The second and third string line was horrendous.

Why bother evaluating EJ when he has to run for his life on every play?

#63? Woof. Please cut him now. Turrrrible

I've had a few people ask me why our bills seem to be giving up on Manuel. They have said that he has a lot of upside. It's interesting that's fans of other teams see positive in Manuel where so many of us see negative

Why don't you think that they have accessible data? Their career is based on obtaining that data. A good bunch of people on this board have information just like that. A LOT of people know where the QB battle stands (lots). It isn't some big secret within the building.

This has probably already been said, but I too think that EJ could use some time with the starters in Game 4 of preseason, so that there's no chance of Taylor getting injured before Week 1. If EJ plays lights out, and suddenly shows everybody how great he is, that's wonderful.