EJ deserves time on the field with first team offense.

gsurdam

I would like to see EJ play first half against Steelers, Taylor second half. They know what Cassel can do in the past.

With so many WRs and RBs out its difficult to judge any QB. Difficult to get any chemistry going.

4th preseason game means keep starters out and safe, look at back ups before final cut.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see EJ play first half against Steelers, Taylor second half. They know what Cassel can do in the past.

With so many WRs and RBs out its difficult to judge any QB. Difficult to get any chemistry going.

4th preseason game means keep starters out and safe, look at back ups before final cut.

Ditto. Give EJ his chance.

If he fails so be it. I can live with knowing it vs being in doubt.

That has been less an issue this preseason. But it was a huge problem last year.

I agree, this year I remember him throwing behind Woods on a crossing route during the night scrimmage and that was it (that I could watch)

Then against the Panthers he threw perfect strikes to O'Leary and Gray that they dropped, against the Browns he threw one to Gragg that allowed him to turn the corner and get the 1st down.

It seems like last year he kind of pushed the ball on those kind of plays, as if he didn't trust the read of the play. There were several misses last year that if he had stepped into the throw the results would have been better. We're seeing those improvements this year.

I think this three-way competition has been distracting enough. If the coaches feel that they know enough to turn this into a two-way competition, or even declare a starter, they should. If they're considering EJ as being in third place (as has been suggested by numerous outlets), then start treating him like third string. We have to start preparing for the Colts.

I think this three-way competition has been distracting enough. If the coaches feel that they know enough to turn this into a two-way competition, or even declare a starter, they should. If they're considering EJ as being in third place (as has been suggested by numerous outlets), then start treating him like third string. We have to start preparing for the Colts.

Did Simms get any reps with the 1st team yesterday?

As it stands right now I don't think starting EJ with such a depleted supporting cast will do him much good, as the coaches seem to have already made up their minds.

From what I've been reading here it looks like it was a foregone conclusion that EJ was history until he stepped up and played really well in those first two pre season games. Now it looks like the team will be keeping EJ on the roster after all as third string. EJ supporters should be happy he is being given a chance to sit, watch and learn behind an experienced veteran QB with some actual NFL coaches tutoring him. That combination should result in a properly developed QB by next year.

Would I like the idea of EJ starting this season behind that power run game with all the weapons healthy in his supporting cast, heck yes! This team needs to find its long term starter! Saying that I'm not entirely convinced that Taylor and his great scrambling ability is the answer. The team needs that dominate pocket passer. Perhaps Taylor will convince me in this next game against the Steelers.

Anyway, It looks like Greg Roman choose Cassel, and wants him to start. Rex Ryan's choice was Tyrod Taylor

Matt Cassel supporters should be happy because it looks like he will be starting the season, and Taylor fans should also be happy that despite being the backup he might get a chance to run the wildcat for two point conversions, and at other times.

Nope. He was relegated to scout team duty.

No. Rex said he may get in against the Steelers and will play the majority of the game against the Lions.

Thanks. I didn't think so.

As it stands right now I don't think starting EJ with such a depleted supporting cast will do him much good, as the coaches seem to have already made up their minds.

From what I've been reading here it looks like it was a foregone conclusion that EJ was history until he stepped up and played really well in those first two pre season games. Now it looks like the team will be keeping EJ on the roster after all as third string. EJ supporters should be happy he is being given a chance to sit, watch and learn behind an experienced veteran QB with some actual NFL coaches tutoring him. That combination should result in a properly developed QB by next year.

Would I like the idea of EJ starting this season behind that power run game with all the weapons healthy in his supporting cast, heck yes! This team needs to find its long term starter! Saying that I'm not entirely convinced that Taylor and his great scrambling ability is the answer. The team needs that dominate pocket passer. Perhaps Taylor will convince me in this next game against the Steelers.

Anyway, It looks like Greg Roman choose Cassel, and wants him to start. Rex Ryan's choice was Tyrod Taylor

Matt Cassel supporters should be happy because it looks like he will be starting the season, and Taylor fans should also be happy that despite being the backup he might get a chance to run the wildcat for two point conversions, and at other times.

That's what it seems like to me as well. That he got 1st team reps yesterday, and Simms didn't, corroborates that.

Paul Hamilton saying that isn't quite accurate... but it wouldn't surprise me. I said the other day if you are going to play the starters for 3/4s give each QB a quarter each.

@JoeBuscaglia

I asked Rex if it was a consideration to play all 3 QBs with the 1st team vs PIT, his response: "I'd say you are very intelligent"

not much makes sense to you now does it.

well unless people agree with you that EJ sucks

FireChan, on 22 Aug 2015 - 10:09 PM, said:

What are QB's paid millions of dollars to do?

BillsFan-4-Ever, on 23 Aug 2015 - 08:20 AM, said:

Lets ask K Orton, C Palmer, J Cutler, Sanchez, M Schaub...

That makes no sense.

You asked about QB's, so I listed 5 examples.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Anything in the world more annoying than the Ej bashers who call people that watch the games fanboys ?

Hey Ej bashers. We get it. Your posts 3 months ago and today look the same.

Shoutout to the Ej bashers Keep that old info coming

Houston 2014. Never forget.