Every county in America, ranked by scenery and climate

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the beach communities that are located in LA county probably. Anything east of the coast in LA is a nightmare IMHO

I live in the foothills, and it's great. What's all the nightmarish stuff that I'm apparently missing?

Edited by Jon in Pasadena

Travis County (Texas) ranks at 279. Not bad for a place where the grass is brown all summer long.

It's become the new status symbol here. It's actually quite sad in some places actually. We take pride in what little yards we have. We actually tricked ours out pretty good with drought resistant plants.

I've lived on both the east and west coasts. Not sure how they get such different rankings. I do agree that southern California is the best. I love San Diego.

I'm not sure how Maricopa County (Phoenix) gets such a high ranking when one of the measures is water area....this area is great for hiking/biking, but you've only got a few reservoirs way outside the city if you want to go enjoy the water. Salt River, I guess...but, that doesn't compare to a nice day at the ocean.

Well, whatever.

Whoever made it clearly has a western bias.

Not to mention, four distinct season which are all beautiful in their own way; and the fact that we nearly never suffer any kind of natural disasters; the only one that comes to mind is a bad ice storm about 20 years ago.

Silly, silly list.

It seems to have completely made 'cold' the worst factor of all time and terrible for everyone... no way that erie, niagara county and much of the Adirondacks are worse to live naturally than almost every square inch of Texas, oklahoma, kansas, etc just because we have winter.

We also don't have major droughts, weeks during the summer that outside is dangerous, tornados, hurricanes, bugs and reptiles that can and want to kill you, etc...

Niagara county has a natural wonder of the world, wine country, freshwater river, whitewater, and a freshwater great lake.

Not that I would expect wny to be terribly high on the list that includes climate... it just seems whatever rationale they used just sweeps west to east and cold too hot. Too neat where it should be more of a checkerboard.

The bottom of Florida ranked very high... my god I would not want to live there.