Preseason Game 2: 8/20 - Bills @ Browns at 8 PM ET on ESPN

I honestly don't even wanna think about it. I think Hogan and Goodwin are both good. I don't think Thigpen can be kept because he doesn't bring much as WR and we have plenty of return men.

i think Hogan will be headed to IR and Thompson will take his spot. I think Goodwin makes it over thigpen and Davis goes to PS. Lewis might go to the PS too but they might not even bother. Palmer is gone. Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't had a chance to watch last nights game (or last weeks either, can't wait to go home and visit my DVR), but judging by ESPN we must have sucked - the only highlights I've seen on random bar and airport TVs are of Johnny Football! Thank god for that guy... O_o

Haven't had a chance to watch last nights game (or last weeks either, can't wait to go home and visit my DVR), but judging by ESPN we must have sucked - the only highlights I've seen on random bar and airport TVs are of Johnny Football! Thank god for that guy... O_o

NFL.com has the whole host of highlights--though the first half of the video is all Browns' QBs.

NFL.com has the whole host of highlights--though the first half of the video is all Browns' QBs.

Manziel = ratings

Manziel = ratings

As our friend Doug would say, obviously :beer:

Still funny to see - it's like the Bills didn't even play the game! Regardless, can't wait to get home to watch the tape so I can form my own polarized view of the QB race!

@buffalobills

Remembering the Bills won last night is the best way to start your Friday. More game photos: http://bufbills.co/AZzFsc

9670f1e06e184da2ae438ac02b13fa7c--nfl_me

:thumbsup: Nice ball skills by Darby. That was supposed to be a weakness.

8e02774a6d2942178d26e2ce5b0af6ec--nfl_me

:thumbdown: Damn Duke!

tempCM8_5921--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg?wid

No play because of offsetting fouls, but great throw by EJ.

fdf10047ef8a4d4384aeab1085f9ae3e--nfl_me

Nice grab for a by Davis for the late TD off a great back shoulder throw by EJ.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Rex Ryan keeps QB choice close to his sweater vest

Bills head coach Rex Ryan gave indication he may very well withhold his starting QB decision until Sunday, Week 1 against Indianapolis.

@BuffRumblings

#Bills vs. #Browns was most-watched preseason game ever measured in WNY. Thanks, Tyrod! http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2015/8/21/9186651/tyrod-bills-set-local-preseason-ratings-record

And this from the Browns side of things -

@TonyGrossi: Our preoccupation w QBs obscures fact #Browns 1st team defense couldnt get off field for over 9 mins v #Bills QB Tyrod Taylor.

I can't tell if that was also meant as a dig at Taylor, but I have to admit...watching Taylor convert 3rd downs with his arm on that first drive, and watching the game clock tick down like that, knowing what we have on defense, was just terrific. It's unfortunate to come away with no points, of course, but many a game is won by slowly wearing down an opposing D because your D gives them little time to rest. If this is preseason game 2, it's pretty damn good.

Hard not to get hard for this team.

I can't tell if that was also meant as a dig at Taylor, but I have to admit...watching Taylor convert 3rd downs with his arm on that first drive, and watching the game clock tick down like that, knowing what we have on defense, was just terrific. It's unfortunate to come away with no points, of course, but many a game is won by slowly wearing down an opposing D because your D gives them little time to rest. If this is preseason game 2, it's pretty damn good.

grossi is like the Sully of Cleveland so I assume it was mostly a dig at their defense... But I think he was also pointing out that this wasn't exactly Aaron Rodgers they weren't able to stop

I've got a chub :blush:

Gragg was the only teammate EJ had out there - the rest of the skill guys he had were junk.

Pretty much. The Browns have some big nasties on their DLine and they have a lot of depth. Pettine and Rex were gaming each other with the blitzing. There were probably more done in that one game than will be done in the rest of the games this weekend combined.

Glad to see we have three capable QBs that can run the Romanmobile.

Go Bills!

Gragg was the only teammate EJ had out there - the rest of the skill guys he had were junk.

Andre Davis came up pretty big for EJ.

Actually EJ and Goodwin seemed to have a pretty good connection early in the 2nd half. Some crisp out patterns combined with nice throws.

I'm sure it was mentioned earlier but I didn't see it.

The two-point conversion was a beautifully designed play. A real pleasure to watch. And, I give EJ props for the apparent audible. Great play design and very good execution by EJ and the Scrubs.

‏@ChrisTrapasso

Classic Greg Roman formation. Fullback. TE Clay as LT. Glenn and Kouandjio stacked on right side next to blocking TE.

CM8BUFSWgAAgVf_.jpg

LG Incognito pulling as 2nd lead blocker behind FB Felton. Rest of OL drive blocking. Strg side TE getting to 2nd lvl

CM8CHIOUkAAE6gX.jpg

Exhibit A Why I am not worried about who wins at RT. We'll be finding ways to use both of them at the same time.

I suppose it is worth saying that, once the regular season begins, it does matter how much time you grind on the first, even if it's just a field goal. It keeps your Luck and Brady off the field and helps gas the D once you have a limited roster to make subs.

Exhibit A Why I am not worried about who wins at RT. We'll be finding ways to use both of them at the same time.

I suppose it is worth saying that, once the regular season begins, it does matter how much time you grind on the first, even if it's just a field goal. It keeps your Luck and Brady off the field and helps gas the D once you have a limited roster to make subs.

Tyrod's first run was great when the Brown's D picked up the screen. That's the drive-extending play that only Tyrod can make. If he can run smart like that, they'll be very effective at wearing down oppenents and winning ToP. That's what they want to do.

They'll want to stymie the pass rush with screens and only Tyrod can make something out of nothing when those screens don't work.

Rex " the offense was outstanding in getting those points and the 2pt conversion". "When EJ got the time to throw he was outstanding".

Haters, listen to Rex's presser. Seemed very happy with EJs performance. Thought Taylor's pass to the end zone coulda been better. Wanted Taylor to put drives into end zone. So all the "he's done with EJ", (WGR), listen closely to his presser again

Edited by the skycap