Preseason Game 2: 8/20 - Bills @ Browns at 8 PM ET on ESPN

Last week he gets the two bad snaps to start and nothing goes right but he picks himself up and hits a couple then hits the bomb.

This week he is sent to the wolves and gets killed, looks shaky, hits a couple but misses a couple, then has a great drive and hits a TD on fourth and goal from the 14 and then a 2 pt. for the lead. He had one bad play but otherwise looked great. That's getting better.

The only thing that should matter to us Bills fans is that we win consistently. I think EJ is solid as a QB. Maybe this preseason is his chance to show he should be the starter for week 1. Either him or one of the other two. Edited by gr8billsfan

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duke Williams and Dez Lewis did not impress tonight.

Lewis shouldnt even make the practice squad he is out of his depth. Duke had a very rough outing and I thought Rambo alongside him was pretty steady... might have jumped Duke in the race for the 3rd safety spot.

This week he is sent to the wolves and gets killed, looks shaky, hits a couple but misses a couple, then has a great drive and hits a TD on fourth and goal from the 14 and then a 2 pt. for the lead. He had one bad play but otherwise looked great. That's getting better.

Otherwise looked great. :thumbdown:

Surely you jest.

I bet EJ plays as good or better with the 1s, based on that last drive.

I'd take that bet. Taylor had one, maybe two less than stellar plays in the entire 1st half against starters.

1) T-Mobile

2) MC Game Manager

3) proEJct

Agreed. EJ deserves a roster spot. I think he still has real potential.

very true; but for a fair evaluation Rex may want to consider giving EJ the start next game to see what he does against the ones .....

Usually the 3rd game is something of a dress rehearsal. I think, given all these injuries to our skill players, that may not be the case for the Bills this season. Still, the decision needs to be made sooner than later on who starts at QB.

It could also be the "how confident are you" poll. That one is also ruthless. How dare I ask the people their thoughts on his play.

No. You're right. Asking the same question, posed slightly differently, is great. I get it, self validation is fun. :thumbsup:

Both QBs looked decent considering the street RBs and backup WRs, and EJ had an especially tough road due to the backup OL giving him no time plus the constant blitzing.

Yep, TT might have been more than decent, but it's hard to judge based on what they were working with.

I only want Cassel around so that there's a real vet on the roster - something that was sorely lacking in 2013. My hope is that he never gets into a game. I'm one of the last few EJ holdouts, but I think Taylor is definitely ahead of him right now. I'm cautiously optimistic about the prospects of Taylor as our starter.

I only want Cassel around so that there's a real vet on the roster - something that was sorely lacking in 2013. My hope is that he never gets into a game. I'm one of the last few EJ holdouts, but I think Taylor is definitely ahead of him right now. I'm cautiously optimistic about the prospects of Taylor as our starter.

That's a money take, Cash.

I feel the same. Cassel 3 please.

@buffalobills

"I'm proud of the way our guys responded to get the touchdown AND the extra 2 points. Outstanding." #BUFvsCLE

The QB competition continues. "Both quarterbacks did a great job today."

Rex says discussions haven't begun to decide who will start next week. "Right now I know I have 3 QBs who can play."

CM5qv2EUwAAYi9J.jpg

Yup. Need to keep the experience Vet around. No need to dump him, now.

@buffalobills

"I'm proud of the way our guys responded to get the touchdown AND the extra 2 points. Outstanding." #BUFvsCLE

The QB competition continues. "Both quarterbacks did a great job today."

Rex says discussions haven't begun to decide who will start next week. "Right now I know I have 3 QBs who can play."

CM5qv2EUwAAYi9J.jpg

I kind of agree and it is nice to see. To me it comes down to Roman's preferred style. My guess is it'll be Taylor but wouldn't be surprised by any of the three.