Preseason Game 2: 8/20 - Bills @ Browns at 8 PM ET on ESPN

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure I agree with Rex on this. I'm not sure the Colts inability to game plan for a specific QB is worth more than the starter getting as many reps with the #1s in camp as he possibly can.

they have closed practices for a couple weeks after they leave SJF. They will know internally.

I don't see TT separating himself from the other quarterbacks as much as other people do either. EJ played pretty well last week, and I haven't been a big EJ supporter in the past. I think it's just because TT is a new shiny thing. People are seeing what they want. Btw nice job Darby. Curious to see the offense again.

I can go along with the new shiny toy notion. As much as people want to say its not... They are enamored with the flash. But just like Vick, how long are WRs and TEs gonna play hard for a scrambling qb?

both Tyrod and EJ should be commended for making plays and moving the ball without much support - it's hard to say what Cassel could have done under tonight's conditions

like i said in the past, i'd start TT and back him up with EJ.. back when i first said it - i thought Cassel would be given the chance to backup Fitz in NY.. now, i'm thinking he may be given the chance to start in DC.

may even squeeze a decent pick out of Snyder's boys

btw - i'm thinking any of our injured RBs would have hit some of those great holes on the right side - enough to make TT's life a lot easier. and as far as EJ's O line goes - #61 should start packing

btw 2 - IK blew contain that started Maziel's big play that set up their TD.. then he goes offside on 4th and 4 with 54 seconds.. he may be on the bus out with 61

Edited by BackInDaDay

Look, you are the one that came at me. Those polls were objective and different. I do not think that EJ is good. With that being said the polls, are objective and everyone is free to say what they want. I try to remain objective here and most will attest to the fact that I do that.

I certainly did.

Clearly.

Yet, starting new polls to reinforce your opinion is sad. And I'm one who normally would attest to the fact the your opinions are justified.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

mind..... bloooooooown. Why not Drew Haddad too. Hey lets see if Andre has any juice left and Moulds is just meandering in Amherst somewhere.

I have to wonder why someone like a Naaman would just keep returning for perennial emotional abuse

i was just joking. But you never know !

I certainly did.

Clearly.

Yet, starting new polls to reinforce your opinion is sad. And I'm one who normally would attest to the fact the your opinions are justified.

What is biased about "which QB do you think will start" or "how confident are you that EJ can become a franchise guy?"

I thought Tyrod was better than EJ tonight. Couple really nice throws, nice runs, and only bad play I think was the sack. He would have had that TD or PI with Woods, Harvin, or Sammy catching the ball too.

EJ was up and down. Some very good plays, but we saw the drive killers at times too. What I mean by that is the scramble, flush out of the pocket, then overthrow or hit the feet of your receiver.

The sack fumble of EJ wasn't good either. However, he was clutch on the TD pass and 2 point, great throws.

Overall both we're pretty decent but I see more consistently good play from Tyrod, and he brings another dimension to the running game threat with read option with shady. EJ is playing well but more inconsistent and that can be drive killers.

I think Tyrod should be the leader in the clubhouse to start, pending next game.

Not sure I agree with Rex on this. I'm not sure the Colts inability to game plan for a specific QB is worth more than the starter getting as many reps with the #1s in camp as he possibly can.

I'm sure they will do just fine.

11 to 10, against the Browns. Not exactly a barn burner.

Thank you for participating.

I think the judging of the QBs has reached absurd levels. Who cares if a QB had a bad throw? Look at the overall results. I've yet to see any QB throw a perfect game but we seem to expect that here.

I think everyone does. Because bad throws can lead to picks, stalled drives, etc.

He didn't say he wouldn't appoint a starter....just won't announce it

Andre Davis: "We got a chance to make plays" (1:06)
Bills rookie WR Andre Davis talks following the team's preseason game against the Browns. Davis discusses his 14-yard touchdown reception from EJ Manuel and the opportunity to make plays with the offense.

Bronson Hill: "Just trying to make big time plays" (1:30)
Bills running back Bronson Hill talked about playing in his first preseason game against the Browns, converting the game winning 2-point conversion, and that drive led by quarterback EJ Manuel.

Tyrod Taylor: "We Did Some Positive Things" (4:39)
QB Tyrod Taylor talks about how he feels he played against Cleveland, what it was like to play without a large number of starters and more.

Chris Gragg: "We kept it simple and executed" (1:35)
Bills tight end Chris Gragg discussed his play during the team's preseason game against the Browns, the game winning drive led by quarterback EJ Manuel, and the effectiveness of the offense despite injuries.

Marcell Dareus: "I was just in the zone" (1:44)
Marcell Dareus talked following the team's preseason game against the Browns. He discussed the ability for the defense to apply quarterback pressure, his sack, and picking up the first win of the preseason.

EJ Manuel: "We Executed It Well And Won The Game" (3:37)
QB EJ Manuel talks about the components of the final scoring drive, how he viewed his performance, his most recent take on the QB battle and more.

Ron Darby: "Each Week Is A New Beginning" (1:43)
Rookie CB Ron Darby talked about his two interceptions, how he consulted veteran players after the Carolina game and more.

Darby opportunistic in rebound performance
Bills top pick Ronald Darby was given a stiff challenge in his preseason debut last week and struggled at times. On Thursday night the rookie cornerback rebounded in a big way.

Watch: Bills Beat Browns, QB Race Heats Up (2:45)
Both Tyrod Taylor and EJ Manuel performed well on Thursday night, and Manuel led the team on a game winning touchdown drive to give Buffalo an 11-10 win over Cleveland.

Rex Ryan: "It's great to be on the winning end" (9:50)
Bills head coach Rex Ryan speaks to the media following his team's 11-10 win over the Browns. He discusses the quarterback play, the fill-ins at running back, and provides an update on the injuries.